PDA

View Full Version : AG cyber Monday sale?

mom2mack&max
11-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Last year got some good deals. Anyone heard if they are having another sale this year?

kristenk
11-25-2012, 12:45 PM
I think they are. I hope they are! I believe that Cyber Monday is their big sale day, not Black Friday.

I'd love to find 1-2 mini dolls. I know they're sold all over the place, so if someone knows where they're on sale, please let me know! Looks like Amazon has them for $15-16, but I'm hoping to find a better deal.

KrisM
11-25-2012, 12:51 PM
I hope so, as I'm planning on staying up for it! I got some nice things that were stocking stuffers, birthday gifts, etc last year.

NCGrandma
11-25-2012, 01:20 PM
I hope so, as I'm planning on staying up for it! .

Does this mean that their Cyber Monday sale might start right after midnight tonight? What sort of things do they typically have on sale? What about FS? (I've never ordered directly from AG but this year I'm going to get a Bitty Baby for DGD2, and it looks like this is the only way to get it.)

KrisM
11-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Does this mean that their Cyber Monday sale might start right after midnight tonight? What sort of things do they typically have on sale? What about FS? (I've never ordered directly from AG but this year I'm going to get a Bitty Baby for DGD2, and it looks like this is the only way to get it.)

It'll start about midnight, central time. Last year, it was about 12:15 am, if I remember right.

No FS. That ended a couple days ago.

Last year was my first year, and I got doll earrings, the vet set, and a shirt/wristlet set. I paid shipping, but was the lowest tier and thought even with shipping it was a great deal. Some stuff went fast - the shirt/wristlet was gone in a couple hours at most.

NCGrandma
11-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Has anyone actually gotten a cyber-deal on the dolls themselves or just on the (pricey) accessories? Can't decide if its worth staying up til 1am Eastern time ...

KrisM
11-25-2012, 02:36 PM
From what I've read, dolls haven't been in the sale.

They'll put a sale section up, so it's just those items.

hkriw
11-25-2012, 03:12 PM
I remember some great outfits and accessories the last two years.
And like others- no memory of FS....

NCGrandma
11-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Thanks! I think you've all saved me a bleary late night!

SkyrMommy
11-25-2012, 04:29 PM
If DS gets up to nurse around 1am like he usually does I may check to see what outfits or accessories there are. DD is getting her first doll this year.

brittone2
11-25-2012, 04:34 PM
I picked up an accessories set for Bitty Baby last year and it was a good deal IMO. I would not have paid full price for it, but on sale it was well worth it.

I ordered DD's Kit doll during FS, as I don't think the dolls are discounted during this sale typically.

I will probably stay up tonight to see if there's anything worth tucking away for next year or for her Easter basket, gifts for friends, etc.

Cuckoomamma
11-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Dolls aren't discounted. There are outfits that they're discontinuing, shoes and sock sets, t-shirts with the store locations, books, furniture that's being discontinued (not girl of the year, though), craft sets, and accessory sets that they're discontinuing.

I've stayed up a few years, and I'll stay up tonight. Now that my girls are older, though, they're more specific about what they'd like. In previous years, the shoes and socks set were exciting. Now, not so much!

Seitvonzu
11-25-2012, 08:55 PM
has this sale been verified anywhere? i'm on the AG facebook page and they haven't said "boo" about a sale. i also get something like 3 AG emails a WEEK during prime shopping season and haven't heard anything about this .... hrm.

i stayed up last year and spent too much ;) i'm what we might call an "uber"fan of AG :):):) i get excited about pretty much all of it. i'd actually LOVE the airplane set, but it's new... so it probably won't be on sale. if i "browse" i'll by... and after a busy holiday week i'm tired. *sigh* who am i kidding? i'll be there at 1am :) just like last year....

mom2binsd
11-25-2012, 10:59 PM
I remember getting some great deals on outfits last year, got DD the raincoat and boots with the matching umbrella for the dog, it's not discontinued yet, so they sometimes just put random things in the sale.

I have NEVER seen the dolls go on sale.

May stay up, I remember it was a bit slow on their website last year, but eventually no problems.

stillplayswithbarbies
11-26-2012, 12:08 AM
when does it start? is it 1AM or is it midnight?

KrisM
11-26-2012, 12:21 AM
when does it start? is it 1AM or is it midnight?

Midnight, central time. 1am eastern, etc.

Pennylane
11-26-2012, 02:06 AM
It's up! Nothing amazing imho excpet for the doll salon which is half price. I bought a few things, now off to bed!

Ann

KrisM
11-26-2012, 02:15 AM
It's up! Nothing amazing imho excpet for the doll salon which is half price. I bought a few things, now off to bed!

Ann

I got the salon. She picks it out every time and I know she'll love it. And the pet snow thing, which is silly, IMO, but again she'll like it.

I'm wondering if I can to the order in the morning by phone. I realized I should have called instead and gotten a replacement charm necklace.

mollyrryan
11-26-2012, 02:21 AM
Ugh! I had the bitty bathtub in my cart, but before I could enter my credit card info, it was sold out! Annoying! Oh well, still spent $100.

Cuckoomamma
11-26-2012, 02:22 AM
A lot will be sold out by morning. Usually I lose things from my cart before I can check out. This time, I didn't lose anything, but I raced through. If you really want something, it's best to order at night.

Seitvonzu
11-26-2012, 02:26 AM
omg! NOTHING for me. i fell asleep on the sofa and conveniently woke up 15 minutes ago....but still, i'm sitting this one out. had a few things in the cart and then decided....nah. i'll pass :)

woohoo!

savvymom
11-26-2012, 02:27 AM
Managed to spend $100 on odds and ends. The salon was tempting . . .

MMMommy
11-26-2012, 02:31 AM
Nothing for me either. I thought about the Frosty Party doll outfit and matching sweater/skirt for girls, but nixed it.

kissmekate
11-26-2012, 02:34 AM
I just realized I forgot something on my order. If I place a second order, can I call tomorrow so that they can combine them and only charge me shipping once?

brittone2
11-26-2012, 02:44 AM
I snagged a few small items-
Doll Parties, some paper doll sets (Josephina and Felicity), the Kit Treasure Tote. Bummed I missed out on the Kit produce set (sold out), as DD is getting Kit for Christmas and that would have been a fun addition.

I'll use most of my purchases for gifts for a friend's AG-crazed DDs, and at least one set of paper dolls will be put away for DD's Easter basket. I don't know how big the treasure totes are...I've seen the mini books before but not the treasure tote itself. If it is small enough maybe I can put it in DD's stocking.

California
11-26-2012, 02:50 AM
Is it just me or were the cybersale outfits for the dolls cuter last year? I bought the hospital gown and books for the gift closet. DD has wants to work in medicine when she grows up, and asked for the crutches kit for Christmas (thank you to the BBer who gave me the tip on the $25 TRU kit with crutches and wheelchair! Picked that up and she's going to love it!) The hospital gown will be the perfect addition. And it looks realistically short :)

Melaine
11-26-2012, 07:17 AM
Fortunately nothing irresistible to me.

mnosky1
11-26-2012, 12:25 PM
I can't believe I was up until 2:30 doing some other stuff and forgot about the sale but I rembered when I got to work and ordered then (probabbly saved me some money at least because stuff was sold out!).
I got a Felicity mini thing for 1.50 (I know they are really small) and Activity book for Felicity and Julie - DD9 has both dolls. Since I could add more for the 4.95 shipping I went ahead and did the AG maagzine holiday edition for 7.95. DD gets the magazine subscription for her Bday the last 2 years and though it's pricey she LOVES it - reads it over and over and over. I don't think this extra holiday edition comes with the subscription - if it does, will gift to neice.
Nothing for DD4 and her Bitty but she's getting McKenna this year so that will be plenty!
Michelle

KrisM
11-27-2012, 01:07 AM
I ended up doing another order. I called this morning and they couldn't add my replacement pieces on to my order from last night. So, I browsed and ordered a couple activity books and the paper piecing sets. I also got DS2 the boy outfit for his bitty baby. I'm struggling with stocking stuffers for him and I think he'll love having a change of clothes for his doll! And, I called it in, so I did get my replacement parts :)

geminimagk
11-27-2012, 11:50 AM
I don't have a daughter so I don't shop for these, but I saw this on SD in case anyone is interested:

http://www.amazon.com/Mini-American-Girls-Collection-Dolls/dp/1593699565/ref=sr_1_4?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354031042&sr=1-4