PDA

View Full Version : Boden shoppers, you're going to love me...

Pages : [1] 2

citymama
11-25-2012, 07:17 PM
Boden 30% off and free ship sale today and tomorrow. Click through your email. Now here's the best part: Q753 stacks with it for an additional 25% off! Site is slow but happy shopping!

babyzolo
11-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Wow. I didn't need anything Boden, but now I will have to look! Thanks OP! (I think).

TwinFoxes
11-25-2012, 07:37 PM
OP, marry me. ;)

csmolu78
11-25-2012, 07:37 PM
WOWZA!! Thanks for the heads up! GREAT deals, but low inventory...
Still got some cute stuff for dd :)

vludmilla
11-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Wow! Thanks for sharing!

melrose7
11-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks so much!! I was able to get a jacket for DD1 for no cost. It came out to $19.95 and it said I had a $20 credit! That made my BF shopping weekend.

tarnator
11-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Holy crap!
Sounds like an amazing deal....wonder if I will get time to check tonight.....

swissair81
11-25-2012, 07:58 PM
I did not go look. I am proud of myself.

csnoop
11-25-2012, 07:58 PM
What email?!? I have been getting emails from them like everyday but I didn't see one for 30% off, just a 25% off email. I also have a $10 voucher that has needs to be used.

Ooops, never mind, just saw it when I opened their website.

CC

wencit
11-25-2012, 08:05 PM
You're right citymama, I love you. :love5: And not just because you give me awesome Boden codes, LOL!

hillview
11-25-2012, 08:06 PM
THANKS! I got DH some stuff and a few items for the boys.

JMS
11-25-2012, 08:10 PM
I do love you!

SnuggleBuggles
11-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Crap. I'd already been trying to decide between purses now I feel a sense of urgency to do it. I just can't decide and returns cost $ so I don't know if I should just choose 1 or order both and decide. I gave up on a green bag but want navy. The Richmornd or Marylbone in navy...and they are the exact same price. Think, think, think...

Twoboos
11-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Holy crap. It works.

I had looked at everything with the 30% off and didn't need anything... I might now!

Thanks OP! (I think! :wink2:)

ETA: This makes the 2 pack of long johns $25.20, so 12.60 each.

mommylamb
11-25-2012, 08:25 PM
And just bought several things for me... not what I was planning to do. OP, I both love and hate you. (just jokin')

AEmgee
11-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Darn, I just placed an order a few hours ago without the additional 25% off! Great deal - thanks for posting!

hillview
11-25-2012, 08:35 PM
i got the denim shirt for me. 3 zipper pull overs for DH (they are his FAVORITE he said the other day). I got lined cargos for DS1 to grow into.

What'd you get??

JanBaby
11-25-2012, 08:43 PM
So far I have their 7 pack of everyday socks. Codes bring them down to $19.95. That's pretty boring so I'm off to look for more!

Mommy_Mea
11-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Hmmmm, I managed to pass up the 30%, but with an extra 25%, I might have to do it!

How bad are returns? I thought I had a free return slip somewhere, but I can't find it. I would be awfully tempted to get DH some really nice chinos, but he is ultra-picky, so they are likely to go back...

queenmama
11-25-2012, 08:51 PM
I only had a 25% off email but with the extra 25% off code it was still a good deal! And free shipping!!!! Nothing for DD but I got DS three nice sweaters!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Lara

mommylamb
11-25-2012, 08:55 PM
I got the notch neck dress in black and gold and a pair of skinny jeans.

firstbaby
11-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Placed one order on my way upstairs to tuck in kids...and promptly came downstairs after they were tucked in to place a second order! I realized in my haste to order I picked sizes they were wearing now and I really needed things for next year vs this year. So, I reordered most of the same things plus a few additional. Three pants and three shirts for each, so a great start for next year. Great deal OP and I love you :)

PAfirsttimemom
11-25-2012, 09:14 PM
If you aren't already receiving Boden emails is there a way to get the discount mentioned here?

NCGrandma
11-25-2012, 09:17 PM
My DGDs thank you! (At least they will when I visit next month). Since I didn't really NEED to get them anything else, I ignored the 30% off email ... but the add'l 25% was the charm! DGD1 will particularly like the everyday cardigan (in beet root!) -- she always asks for cardigans but usually doesn't get them.

citymama
11-25-2012, 09:21 PM
If you aren't already receiving Boden emails is there a way to get the discount mentioned here?

Go thru ebates for 25% off and then the code I posted in the first post. Or try using CYB1 for the 30% off and see if it will let you add the second code too. If not, one of us could fwd you the email.

I bought tons for the kids and just one sweater for me! (Isabella cardi) I've been eyeing the notch neck shift so might have to try it. Really need sweaters do if anyone has reccs, send em over! Hillview, I'll have to look for those men's sweaters - how do they run?

I love this sale!!!

PAfirsttimemom
11-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Go thru ebates for 25% off and then the code I posted in the first post. Or try using CYB1 for the 30% off and see if it will let you add the second code too. If not, one of us could fwd you the email.

I bought tons for the kids and just one sweater for me! (Isabella cardi) I've been eyeing the notch neck shift so might have to try it. Really need sweaters do if anyone has reccs, send em over! Hillview, I'll have to look for those men's sweaters - how do they run?

I love this sale!!!

Thanks! Not normally a Boden shopper, but may have to check it out....

LMPC
11-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Oh dear lord...... um, thanks????

SnuggleBuggles
11-25-2012, 09:28 PM
So, wait, I don't have an email code. If I go onto Boden there is a 30% sale till tomorrow with no code. Is there something different/ better? I can only add 1 code so added the 25% in OP- that worked. eta- I don't use ebates

Mommy_Mea
11-25-2012, 09:31 PM
So, wait, I don't have an email code. If I go onto Boden there is a 30% sale till tomorrow with no code. Is there something different/ better? I can only add 1 code so added the 25% in OP- that worked. eta- I don't use ebates

I was getting really confused about that too, and was worried I was missing an extra 30% off. I have a 30% off email, but DH's computer shows the 30% off without clicking through the email...

citymama
11-25-2012, 09:32 PM
It doesn't get better than 30% + 25%, however you get there...

SnuggleBuggles
I was getting really confused about that too, and was worried I was missing an extra 30% off. I have a 30% off email, but DH's computer shows the 30% off without clicking through the email...

I'd hate to be missing yet another discount. Think we got everything?

army_mom
Thanks OP! I got way too much for me...merry christmas to me! :applause: Everything I thought DH *might* wear was sold out in his size. too bad I forgot ebates-I never remembered Boden being on ebates. :( I did get DD some socks since she is always commenting on my polka dot socks and the extra code brings down the 7 pair of undies to a good price.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WL672/Womens-Pretty-Casual-Top.html?NavGroupID=18
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WL673/Womens-Velvet-Trim-Top.html?NavGroupID=18#prev
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Knitwear/Jumpers/WK786/Womens-Fairisle-Jumper.html?NavGroupID=6
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Knitwear/Jumpers/WK788/Womens-Cable-Half-Zip.html?NavGroupID=6
I also got the purple cashmere hoody but I hope it isn't too big since they only had 2 sizes left!

we're moving to the midwest in the spring so I *need* to stock up on warmer clothes!

Still waiting on some further discounts to the summer clearance...

hillview
11-25-2012, 09:41 PM

I love this sale!!!

DH is a medium - he is just under 6' and 170-175 lbs no fat. He is a medium in most tops.

viba424
11-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Wait, I want to make sure Im not missing something...a little slow tonight. Its not 30 plus another 25 code, right? 30% is the best offer right now? I just placed a big order this morning. If I see I missed some major code stacking Ill be really traumatized!

mommylamb
11-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Wait, I want to make sure Im not missing something...a little slow tonight. Its not 30 plus another 25 code, right? 30% is the best offer right now? I just placed a big order this morning. If I see I missed some major code stacking Ill be really traumatized!

You should be able to get them to do a price adjustment. Just call customer service. It is 30% off plus 25% off.

viba424
11-25-2012, 09:47 PM
You should be able to get them to do a price adjustment. Just call customer service. It is 30% off plus 25% off.

OMG, its great news and a nighmare at the same time! Haha.

What if they ask where the code came from? Where is it from? The 25%

Tondi G
11-25-2012, 09:54 PM
THANK YOU!!!! I finally pulled the trigger ... the extra code worked and I am getting 3 items, a jacket and top for me and a pair of cord baggies for DS2 for $130!!!! The jacket is normally $178! Hope I love the coat and that DS likes the pants.

citymama
11-25-2012, 09:55 PM

I would reorder and cancel or return. I tried calling today after ordering with just the 30% and they pretended like the code didn't exist. They might also shut it down!

Mamas buying for themselves, what are you getting, or what Boden have you already gotten that you liked?

gatorsmom
11-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Thank you! I've been meaning to buy their sixties shoes. It just never got around to it. You just saved me a bundle!

jgenie
11-25-2012, 10:07 PM
I don't know if this is working for me. I'm looking at this dress (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Petite-collection/WH380-NAV/Womens-Navy-Botanical-Notch-Neck-Shift.html). I see a price of $77 and then a note that says 25% off in the notes column but I don't see that extra coming off. Am I not getting the stacked savings? TIA

Choccie
11-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Oh dear lord...... um, thanks????

Ha! I completely agree. Thanks OP... who knew I *needed* so much Mini Boden!

GvilleGirl
11-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Thanks! I decided to try this.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tunics/WA379/Womens-Casual-Zig-Zag-Tunic.html

nfowife
11-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Thanks OP! Got my DH a sweater and am trying the wrap top for me! Been wanting to try that for a long time.

Mommy_Mea
11-25-2012, 10:24 PM
I ordered a few items for DS1 (and eventually DS2), this shirt (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Boys-1H-14yrs-Tops-T-shirts/21527/Boys-1H-14yrs-Contrast-Stitch-T-shirt.html) in three colors and these baggy cord pants (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Boys-1H-14yrs-Trousers-Jeans/22283/Boys-1H-14yrs-Cord-Baggies.html).

For me I bought this wrap jersey shirt (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WL678/Womens-Wrap-Jersey-Top.html?NavGroupID=18)and twist front top (httphttp://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Long-Sleeved-Tops/WL677/Womens-Twist-Front-Top.html?NavGroupID=18://). Both shirts get great reviews. Not exciting shirts, but great wardrobe staples at a good price!

And DH ordered these chinos (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Mens-Trousers-Jeans/Casual-Trousers/MC329/Mens-Original-Flat-front-Chinos.html?NavGroupID=19). Without free returns, we weren't willing to ris a whole lot more!

Thanks OP! I think... :hysterical:

indigo99
11-25-2012, 10:25 PM
I don't know if this is working for me. I'm looking at this dress (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Petite-collection/WH380-NAV/Womens-Navy-Botanical-Notch-Neck-Shift.html). I see a price of $77 and then a note that says 25% off in the notes column but I don't see that extra coming off. Am I not getting the stacked savings? TIA

I see a price of $103 for the dress you linked to so it looks like you are getting 25% off.

Twoboos
11-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Thanks! I decided to try this.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tunics/WA379/Womens-Casual-Zig-Zag-Tunic.html

I have this in my cart! Trying to decide between denim and gray cord.

Also, they have ponte pants under the loungewear section, for about $40.

MommyofAmaya
11-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Thanks OP. Spent way more than I was intending to, but didn't pick up anything for myself. Does anybody have the Wellies? Are they roomy in the calf? I'm tempted but they will be pricey to return ship if they don't fit.

bearwithme
11-25-2012, 10:43 PM
It worked!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

mommy111
11-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Who stole the cashmere jumper in fern from my cart? Have a heart, I've wanted that forever and someone stole it from right under my nose :ROTFLMAO:
Citymama, you rock! You just made my holidays! I'm returning the boots I got and rockin the Boden ones now!!!

jent
11-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Citymama, I do love you! You always post the best Boden deals.

But, bought way less than I thought I might bc so much was sold out in my size/color preference. Boo.

Momit
11-25-2012, 10:50 PM
How the heck do you stack the codes? I click through from the email and the code CYB1 shows up in the grey promo code box. How do you add a second one without wiping out the first one?

msmouse523
11-25-2012, 10:54 PM
How the heck do you stack the codes? I click through from the email and the code CYB1 shows up in the grey promo code box. How do you add a second one without wiping out the first one?

Clear out the code in the gray promo code box and enter Q753 instead. The 30% is automatically applied so there's no need to enter it. The Q753 (25%) will stack on top of that.

Thanks so much OP!!! I actually placed an order yesterday, but cancelled it and re-ordered after seeing your post. :)

chozen
11-25-2012, 10:55 PM
Thank you! Xoxo

GvilleGirl
11-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Who stole the cashmere jumper in fern from my cart? Have a heart, I've wanted that forever and someone stole it from right under my nose :
I wish! I didn't even see that, but that is cute!

Twoboos - I had the Pewter one in my cart forever, but pulled the trigger on the denim. I hope it fits 'cause I usually only purchase mini.

Multimama
11-25-2012, 11:00 PM
Thank you, Citymama!

I usually don't buy ahead for my boys, but this sale can't be beat. I even took a chance on a snowsuit for DS2 for next year.

wolverine2
11-25-2012, 11:03 PM
I just placed an order this afternoon before I saw this!! It was small though...

I've never got Boden for myself- is the sizing true?

DrSally
11-25-2012, 11:04 PM
Clear out the code in the gray promo code box and enter Q753 instead. The 30% is automatically applied so there's no need to enter it. The Q753 (25%) will stack on top of that.

:yeahthat:

Thanks so much CM!!
With the discounts AND free ship, it's such a good deal.

I got the Hamptons T in red and wt. stripe for $20

The casual belted dress in pewter for $35 ( looks simple, but reviews say it's got great drape and fabric. Will wear with a petal or teal cropped cardi and wider belt?). I only worry b/ c I'm 5'4" and ordered the petite. Some reviews said it then hits right above the knee for petite women, while others say it's 3" above the knee for petite women. I hope it's not too short. Can anyone chime in?
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH387/Womens-Casual-Belted-Dress.html

I also got the spiral tunic in white for $30. Clearance item, so no additional % off. I'm hoping this is long enough to wear as a dress. It says lower thigh, and I am shorter, so we shall see
http://clothing.bodenusa.com/search?w=spiral%20tunic

DrSally
11-25-2012, 11:06 PM
I just placed an order this afternoon before I saw this!! It was small though...

I've never got Boden for myself- is the sizing true?

I read indiv item reviews. In general, I find that Boden does not participate in the ubiqutious vanity sizing. So
I don't size down.

Momit
11-25-2012, 11:07 PM

Thanks so much OP!!! I actually placed an order yesterday, but cancelled it today and re-ordered after seeing your post. :)

Thanks Msmouse and Citymama!

twowhat?
11-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Well, I looked for a good long while for myself but didn't see anything that really jumped out at me. I looked at those ponte pants but the pockets are AWFUL - it even give the model long butt syndrome. Too bad, because I would have snapped them up!

iaam
11-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Wow!

I finally ordered a baby gift I have been meaning to and an outfit for DD. Nothing for DS, which is Unusual given my past Boden history. But, good for the wallet so not complaining. Also resisted getting myself anything.

Momit
11-25-2012, 11:11 PM

I also got the spiral tunic in white for $30. Clearance item, so no additional % off. I'm hoping this is long enough to wear as a dress. It says lower thigh, and I am shorter, so we shall see

I always wear their tunics as dresses.

citymama
11-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Thanks so much OP!!! I actually placed an order yesterday, but cancelled it and re-ordered after seeing your post. :)

How did you cancel it? I called them an hour after placing my order today (without the extra stacking) ahd they told me it was already marked as "processing" so couldn't be canceled! I reordered and plan to return duplicates.

Minnifer
11-25-2012, 11:44 PM
Gulp - I went a little crazy! Had almost $300 in credit sitting there so I used most of it up on kid stuff - wish I could figure out Boden sizing for me but it has never worked on me. I got mostly practical stuff like socks, since theirs are so stinkin' cute, and I stocked up on pointelle tees for DD since they are so awesome and such a great price. Bummed that I could only find one shirt for DS since I am trying to only buy one season ahead, oh well.

Thanks Citymama!

ett
11-26-2012, 12:06 AM
Thank you so much for posting!

DrSally
11-26-2012, 12:07 AM
I always wear their tunics as dresses.

How tall are you?

Eta: I also have the Florence tunic, which is supposed to end low thigh, but there's no way I could wear it as a dress. Maybe b/c it's also a little sheer.

mum-to-be
11-26-2012, 12:08 AM
Is it free returns? Or can I use a free returns label from a year or so ago?

vludmilla
11-26-2012, 12:10 AM
They have allowed me to use old free return labels in the past.

Minnifer
11-26-2012, 12:12 AM
Is it free returns? Or can I use a free returns label from a year or so ago?

So funny I was just about to post the same question. My return labels are well over a year old... but I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse (panic?!)...

savvymom
11-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Thank you! I've been eyeing those girl's applique skirts forever (our friends have one from last season and it is SO SO cute), this sealed the deal for that and much more!

mattiew
11-26-2012, 12:36 AM
WOW!!!! Thanks for posting, so hard to decide. DD LOVES their undies and we needed them!

Naranjadia
11-26-2012, 12:59 AM
Oh gosh, I just can't stop going back. Two orders and counting.

wifecat
11-26-2012, 01:20 AM
Dd got a winter coat from my mom last year from Boden and I've never purchased anything there myself...picked up a winter coat and boots for ds and some cute undies for dd...more than I normally spend but super deals for Boden! Thank you!!!

MontrealMum
11-26-2012, 01:34 AM
Thank you so much! I knew about the sale, but the stacking code pushed me over the edge and I placed an order. DS and I are SET now for winter :tongue5:

Remy
11-26-2012, 01:45 AM
I was just about to check out and then the prices went up on all but 2 of my items! Grrrr

jgenie
11-26-2012, 01:54 AM
Anyone willing to help with sock sizing for DC? DS1 is wearing a size 10 and DS2 is wearing a 6.5. Do I order from the baby section or the boy section? TIA

Beth24
11-26-2012, 02:04 AM
Thank you Citymama!

citymama
11-26-2012, 02:12 AM
I was just about to check out and then the prices went up on all but 2 of my items! Grrrr

Ack, you had me worried! I raced off to place a 4th order of the day! Code still works!

So far I've gotten:
For me: the Isabella cardigan in grey/pewter
Notch neck shift in pewter (having second thoughts now that I see the heavy fabric - anyone have it?)

For DD1: one tee, heart patch jeans and wellies (the second two are rebuys to return the originals once they arrive - lame but it will save me about $25!)
For dd2: 3 tees, 2 pants (sweat pants and lined cords), and a box of socks.

I think it all came to around $240, about half of which were the mama Bodens.

tarnator
11-26-2012, 02:17 AM
In for $300 of stuff we didn't need - DD and I!

GonnaBJulymom
11-26-2012, 02:19 AM
Thank you so much Citymama!! been waiting for a sale like this for awhile now!! :bowdown:

jam224
11-26-2012, 02:35 AM
Thanks, OP! Bought some undies for DD for the future... couldn't pass up the bunnies, haha! :) I went through Upromise for 5% back too, woohoo! :boogie:

rin
11-26-2012, 02:39 AM
Oh wow! Thanks for posting! I've never actually bought anything from Boden before, but at these prices I totally want to get some Christmas shopping in. Does anyone have any experience with their boots? Good quality or no? Any comparison to Frye boots?

fedoragirl
11-26-2012, 03:25 AM
Thanks citymama! I am so thrilled with these prices. Bought tons of pants for both kids. I love Boden pants--soft and comfy, and really tough.
Oh, and don't forget to go through ebates for 2.5% cashback.

jvs195
11-26-2012, 06:59 AM
Site is down for maintenance. I bet they are trying to fix this. Logged off with a few items I have been debating last night before seeing this.

joules
11-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Thanks OP!! I had already put some gifts in my cart earlier in the day. I came here before I was about to check out. What a nice surprise!

gobadgers
11-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Awesome deals, thanks for posting!

I bought a bunch of stuff for both kids, and stopped myself from buying a bunch more cute shirts (both boy and girl). I'm going to spend the rest of the day trying to resist going back (good luck with that, right :))

nebwhit
11-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Okay, now I'm ready to try Boden. but I can't get the codes to work without the email. Could someone forward me the email?
[email protected]

Thanks!
Jennifer

barbarhow
11-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Oh wow! Thanks for posting! I've never actually bought anything from Boden before, but at these prices I totally want to get some Christmas shopping in. Does anyone have any experience with their boots? Good quality or no? Any comparison to Frye boots?

Their boots are amazing. I tend to get a pair every season. :-)

lchang25000
11-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Okay, now I'm ready to try Boden. but I can't get the codes to work without the email. Could someone forward me the email?
[email protected]

Thanks!
Jennifer

Use code q753 to get the extra 25% off. You don't need the email to get the additional 25% off.

janine
11-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks OP! The 30% is already built in though right? I pulled up the site without going through email and it says 30% off on the main page anyway. I sometimes wish they'd give a code so you at least see where the 30% is but then we probably wouldn't be able to stack!

Off to look @ these boots (and kick myself over the items I already bought with only one code back in the summer...)

Suebell
11-26-2012, 10:46 AM
I should have checked this out sooner! So many cute things, but not in the sizes I need. Oh well, got the kids undies they needed for a steal (I had no idea I had a $30 credit)! Thanks SO much OP!!!

boltfam
11-26-2012, 10:59 AM
I can't get any sizes to pop up. Is anyone else having problems with the site?

sewarsh
Site is down for maintenance. I bet they are trying to fix this. Logged off with a few items I have been debating last night before seeing this.

Do you guys think the extra 25% off is a mistake?

Of course I managed to buy $300 worth of stuff. ugh.

lindacus
this deal made it to slickdeals. better hurry up with your orders!

minnie-zb
11-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Wow. That was a good deal. I bought a bunch of shirts and a couple of skirts for the girls. I would never have thought to combine the codes. Thanks!

boltfam
11-26-2012, 11:04 AM

Yes, I do. I am having problems with the website, but I don't dare call b/c I doubt they'll give me the extra 25% off.

wolverine2
11-26-2012, 11:09 AM

Just placed my 3rd order! Sprung for some boots... hoping maybe there is men's stuff left later- want to see if DH wants anything.

gatorsmom
11-26-2012, 11:17 AM

I think it was a mistake too. It said something in the confirmation page that the 25% off could not be used with other discounts or something to that effect. It also said it was a one-time use code though I placed 2 orders with it. I noticed it last night before I went to bed.

I spent a bunch of money too. Not only did I get the shoes I wanted but also got Sisi a ski jacket and ski pants for next year for $80. :boogie: Hope they are good quality, I usually buy Lands End but this deal was too good to pass up (and the set is really cute. :loveeyes:).

Twoboos
11-26-2012, 11:17 AM

This just scared me into placing my order! ;) I got the Zig Zag Tunic in denim, Roma trousers in black, and Stitch detail dress in Fig.

jent
11-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Yes, I do. I am having problems with the website, but I don't dare call b/c I doubt they'll give me the extra 25% off.

I think someone upthread had success with calling and price-adjusting post order, so it's worth a try.

I think Boden has done this in the past (run a sale without deactivating order codes) so I don't think it's necessarily a mistake.

BTW, if they do shut down the 25% off code, looks like there is another code for 15% off plus FS/FR- I found it through ebates (tried to see if the codes would stack, but no dice!).

I broke down and bought a few more things today... I heard so much about the notch neck dress, I had to try it. Plus I got an Isabella top and an Essential shirt, I need more work shirts. Tried to order a Hamptons tee but it jumped out of my cart before I could check out. I'm done now, though...

Madelyn
11-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Looks like it is no longer combining the 30% off/free shipping w/ the 25% off code? When I was first adding things to my cart it was combining the discounts. But now that I go to check out it isn't. Still great prices but not prices good enough for me not to be able to pass up when I wasn't planning to buy anything. Ending up ordering one boys Shaggy Lined Hoody for approx $30 shipped. Really a great price but I was originally adding to the cart for $22.

boltfam
11-26-2012, 11:36 AM
I think someone upthread had success with calling and price-adjusting post order, so it's worth a try.

Thanks, but I just called, and the SA said 30% off is as low as it would go.

ETA: I hope my call didn't kill the deal. I don't think so b/c I just asked generically if you could stack existing codes. I gave no details. I finally got the website to work in a diff. browser and came to check the code, and the deal was dead. :(

ett
11-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Looks like it is no longer combining the 30% off/free shipping w/ the 25% off code? When I was first adding things to my cart it was combining the discounts. But now that I go to check out it isn't. Still great prices but not prices good enough for me not to be able to pass up when I wasn't planning to buy anything. Ending up ordering one boys Shaggy Lined Hoody for approx $30 shipped. Really a great price but I was originally adding to the cart for $22.

The combined code is still working. The Shaggy Lined Hoody is original price $56, so 30% off is $39.20 and then 25% off is $29.40.

JanBaby
11-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Can anyone comment on the warmth of the fleece lined anorak? DD hates her 3-in-1 so I'm looking for something a little less substantial but would still keep her warm...

Canna
11-26-2012, 12:06 PM
The fleece-lined anorak is a huge hit with my picky, coat-hating, 7 y.o. DD. It feels light, but appears to be warm enough for her with an outer layer, some kind of light-weight filling, and fleece lining in the body and hood. The hood is a nice shape for staying on the head with no drawtstring. She wears it for a 20 minute walk to school here in New England most of the time. We tried 2 sizes this year and ended up keeping the larger size. The last one she had, we sized up and she wore if for two years.

Madelyn
11-26-2012, 12:10 PM
The combined code is still working. The Shaggy Lined Hoody is original price $56, so 30% off is $39.20 and then 25% off is $29.40.

I think that when I first added to cart it was as low as $22 shipped. Or maybe I was just too tired for it being first thing in the morning and am mistaken. Regardless, I took out the other 5 items in my cart and just got the one shaggy hoody that my son really needs.

lchang25000
11-26-2012, 12:35 PM
4 orders later and contemplating another. I need to be done, ugh!! Rebought some things and will be making a big return today. Bought ds2 his first baby Boden outfit so excited about that. Can't wait to put it on him.

joules
11-26-2012, 12:37 PM
I took the shaggy hoody out of my basket last night...but just bought it because of all the previous posts about it. I think last night, I also saw it for $29. This is the 3rd order I've placed. Last night I also got the girls slim cords....for myself. haha. Does anyone know if they fit petite adults?

citymama
11-26-2012, 01:07 PM

Of course I managed to buy $300 worth of stuff. ugh.

Yes, I do. Please don't call!

This is going to be a very lucrative mistake though. I went online to spend $25 after the 30% discount and have thus far spent $280 on 6 orders and I may not be done! Whaaaa?

daphne
11-26-2012, 01:07 PM
oh gosh. Just placed my 2nd order. I must have spend about $300 so far. eek! Mostly for my 6yo dd. I find the boys clothes run too narrow for my husky boy. :(

MommyofAmaya
11-26-2012, 01:36 PM
WARNING: You may not want to place any more orders expecting the extra 25% off. I just made two orders and after I submitted my order it reverted back to the 30% off price. It never showed that price until AFTER I placed my order in the order confirmation. I called and they said it was a system glitch and they will not honor the price shown throughout the purchasing process. They said items will be shipped with a return shipping label to return. I think this was not the best way to solve their problem, super misleading. Why can't they just disable the code?

mommylamb
11-26-2012, 01:39 PM
WARNING: You may not want to place any more orders expecting the extra 25% off. I just made two orders and after I submitted my order it reverted back to the 30% off price. It never showed that price until AFTER I placed my order in the order confirmation. I called and they said it was a system glitch and they will not honor the price shown throughout the purchasing process. They said items will be shipped with a return shipping label to return. I think this was not the best way to solve their problem, super misleading. Why can't they just disable the code?

Oh, that is bad.

I hope that they plan to honor the price for items already purchased.

peanut520
11-26-2012, 01:48 PM
They deactivated the code :(

Minnifer
11-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Crap, I was just about to order an anorak for DD when I went to put DS down, and now the code is dead. :banghead:

I really hope they honor orders placed at the lower prices!

sewarsh
11-26-2012, 01:53 PM

I just checked both my orders that i placed last night and they are both showing after the discount that i expected (using 2 codes). i hope it goes thru for everyone!

oh, adn no way jose am i going to call!! that's the #1 rule on SD!

janine
11-26-2012, 01:55 PM
ok I'm trying to put this through and the 25% keeps disappearing. What is the deal..price changes but the I see code is stil in the cart...urgh

I might have gotten this through if their site wasn't so slow! For those who got it in in time let us know if it sticks!!

JanBaby
11-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Shoot! I guess no anarak for DD! I hope I get the extra discount on the set of socks I ordered for DS this morning. I haven't gotten the confirmation email yet.

MommyofAmaya
11-26-2012, 01:56 PM
oh, adn no way jose am i going to call!! that's the #1 rule on SD!

Ummmm. Are you commenting on my call? How else was I supposed to cancel the orders that they changed the prices on after the orders were submitted.

They clearly had already pulled the code before my call.

janine
11-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Ummmm. Are you commenting on my call? How else was I supposed to cancel the orders that they changed the prices on after the orders were submitted.

Don't think she was referring to you at all. Based on what they told you...sounds like they may not honor that code for anyone. WTH..I hope they do for those who got confirmation.

sewarsh
11-26-2012, 02:04 PM

No, I was commenting on CityMama's response to my question a page or so back where I asked if people thought this was a mistake. Not to you at all.

Mommy_Mea
11-26-2012, 02:07 PM

I don't think she was commenting on your call, just the SD "rule" not to call in general just to "check" when there appears to be a coupon glitch in our favor. I would have called in your situation too, I would be upset!!

I just double checked my confirmation email from last night, and the lower prices are in there. I hope they honor it, otherwise they will be fighting me (and many of us) for free return shipping!

MommyofAmaya
11-26-2012, 02:08 PM
No, I was commenting on CityMama's response to my question a page or so back where I asked if people thought this was a mistake. Not to you at all.

I missed that. Now I understand. :bag

csmolu78
11-26-2012, 02:40 PM
When I check my orders in my account, it shows the double discounted prices. That's a good sign, right????

Drag0nflygirl
11-26-2012, 02:51 PM
So glad I didn't see this yesterday...

minnie-zb
11-26-2012, 02:55 PM
I just saw this on the Boden facebook page in comment to a post:

Boden Clothing: Hi Christina XXXX the 30% offer is not for use in conjunction with any other offer. Please see the terms and conditions of both your offer codes. (I edited the last name)

I think they will strip one of the codes on all of the orders which have been placed. I'm a little bummed as I think this was their mistake and while it is costly, they should have been more on top of things. They should at least send an updated email letting people know -- I would cancel my order if they are not going to honor the price.

janine
11-26-2012, 03:03 PM

Boden Clothing: Hi Christina XXXX the 30% offer is not for use in conjunction with any other offer. Please see the terms and conditions of both your offer codes. (I edited the last name)

I think they will strip one of the codes on all of the orders which have been placed. I'm a little bummed as I think this was their mistake and while it is costly, they should have been more on top of things. They should at least send an updated email letting people know -- I would cancel my order if they are not going to honor the price.

I agree, I still put my order through and notice the prices are STILL discounted but not the total. So not sure how they will explain that. I also saw that in the details of the code it says expired Dec xx 2011. I'd like to see how they handle this mess. They should honor it until the code was/is disabled (although it is still not disabled).

wolverine2
11-26-2012, 03:10 PM

Ugh. I would cancel too, I think. If they don't honor the price, I hope people make a big stink. I would expect free returns at the very least. And I think they will lose money (and customer respect) in the end!

citymama
11-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Darn it, they pulled it! Argh. Well, it was good while it lasted and I already spent $240 but was going back for more...probably a good thing they pulled it!

I don't think they will do that. I've double stacked in the past when they hadn't intended to (a couple of yrs ago with the Deal of the Day) and they have honored it. If they don't honor our stacked codes, they're going to have LOTS of very disgruntled customers. They won't do that.

I suspect some eBay sellers started to really abuse the codes and they probably pulled the plug at that point. They usually do so much more quickly, so the fact that they let it continue so long tells me they sort of turned a blind eye to it.

boltfam
11-26-2012, 03:14 PM
I agree, I still put my order through and notice the prices are STILL discounted but not the total. So not sure how they will explain that. I also saw that in the details of the code it says expired Dec xx 2011. I'd like to see how they handle this mess. They should honor it until the code was/is disabled (although it is still not disabled).

It's not disabled? I would still like to try to place an order if it's not. It's for stuff I really need, so will keep even if they don't honor the 25% off.

citymama
11-26-2012, 03:16 PM
It's not disabled? I would still like to try to place an order if it's not. It's for stuff I really need, so will keep even if they don't honor the 25% off.

The stacking is not working for me...

ETA it works on the mobile site!

janine
11-26-2012, 03:17 PM

I don't think so because it still says '25% off and free shipping' at the top of my page and prices were deeply discounted, but the total did not add up. Their site is still pretty screwed up - tried to send an email and it won't even let me do that. Johnnie Boden must not be amused.

I'll be annoyed if this doesn't stick b/c I spent a ton of time going through stuff to complete my order. Wouldn't have at just 30% which was just a few dollars off from previous prices.

chottumommy
11-26-2012, 03:32 PM
I don't think they will do that. I've double stacked in the past when they hadn't intended to (a couple of yrs ago with the Deal of the Day) and they have honored it. If they don't honor our stacked codes, they're going to have LOTS of very disgruntled customers. They won't do that.

I suspect some eBay sellers started to really abuse the codes and they probably pulled the plug at that point. They usually do so much more quickly, so the fact that they let it continue so long tells me they sort of turned a blind eye to it.

I've ordered before when they had codes stack and they have always honored the discounts. I got a shipping notice for yesteday's order.

boltfam
11-26-2012, 03:35 PM
I don't think so because it still says '25% off and free shipping' at the top of my page and prices were deeply discounted, but the total did not add up. Their site is still pretty screwed up - tried to send an email and it won't even let me do that. Johnnie Boden must not be amused.

I tried again, and that's what happened to me, too. I'm with citymama, if I know Boden, I think they'll honor it or maybe do an account credit. They usually have great CS.

gatorsmom
11-26-2012, 03:38 PM
I got a shipping notice for yesteday's order.
:yeahthat: I got a shipping notice for the order I placed at 1am. The discounts are still in place.

citymama
11-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Kids - try the mobile site or iPad app - codes still stack!

chottumommy
11-26-2012, 03:55 PM
It still works with the mobile site - http://m.bodenusa.com/. I used my laptop and was able to place an order.

queenmama
11-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Got my shipping notice this morning and double checked that I got the extra discount... yes!!!

Lara

Maxlee
11-26-2012, 04:00 PM
I placed three orders between 12am and 10am - got all three confirmation e-mails showing extra discount. When I log into my account now the third order does not show extra discount (prices different/ higher than confirmation e-mail. :(

JanBaby
11-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Ahhhh!!! Please stay up long enough for me to show the jackets to DD! If she doesn't like one she won't wear it.

Good work PPs :)

MommyofAmaya
11-26-2012, 04:03 PM
It still works with the mobile site - http://m.bodenusa.com/. I used my laptop and was able to place an order.

Can you please confirm whether your email confirmation shows the discount? I am already sending back two coats and three would be a bit ridiculous.
Thanks.

chottumommy
11-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Can you please confirm whether your email confirmation shows the discount? I am already sending back two coats and three would be a bit ridiculous.
Thanks.

Haven't received an email confirmation as yet. Will check my account in a bit to see if it shows up.

JBaxter
11-26-2012, 04:14 PM
no email here either.

minnie-zb
11-26-2012, 04:14 PM
It is good news to hear that those of you who've received shipping confirmations have not seen a price change. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that Boden does not disappoint their customers. :cheerleader1:

citymama
11-26-2012, 04:18 PM
When I order on the mobile, I don't get a shipping conf email. Weird. I have now placed SEVEN orders in the last 24 hours, totaling about $300. For a seriously thrifty bargain hunter like me that is INSANE.

Must. Stop. Now.

MommyofAmaya
11-26-2012, 04:22 PM
When I order on the mobile, I don't get a shipping conf email. Weird. I have now placed SEVEN orders in the last 24 hours, totaling about $300. For a seriously thrifty bargain hunter like me that is INSANE.

Must. Stop. Now.

Are the mobile purchases showing in your order history?

janine
11-26-2012, 04:22 PM

Must. Stop. Now.

LOL! Maybe this was a ploy of theirs. For bargain hunters with a false super code, we sure are spending tons of $$.

MommyofAmaya
11-26-2012, 04:24 PM
LOL! Maybe this was a ploy of theirs. For bargain hunters with a false super code, we sure are spending tons of $$.

And wasting lots of time! I've spent all day online trying to save $30.

chottumommy
11-26-2012, 04:24 PM

Just checked my order history. The discount does show up. No email as citymama said.

JanBaby
11-26-2012, 04:26 PM

I keep picturing a bunch of well dressed Brits sitting around a conference room in London laughing at us. Pull the code, mate! But leave it up on the mobile site!

csnoop
11-26-2012, 04:29 PM
I was shopping on their site last night and trying to decide between some shirts for DD. I had stuff sitting in my cart overnight. When I read this thread earlier this morning, I just went ahead and bought almost $300 worth of stuff... trying out a few different dresses and jeans. I did get an email confirmation of my order w/the discount but no shipping confirmation yet. It sounds like I shouldn't assume that they are going to honor discount until it ships? Is that correct?

Citymama - look what you started? One of the best/craziest thread ever...

CC

citymama
11-26-2012, 04:30 PM

Yes, they are. With the discount. :jammin:

And wasting lots of time! I've spent all day online trying to save $30.

I keep picturing a bunch of well dressed Brits sitting around a conference room in London laughing at us. Pull the code, mate! But leave it up on the mobile site!

Hee hee! So true! I went online yesterday to spend $25 on two basic tees for DD2 with the 30% code and somehow, 24 hours later, have spent more than ten times that amount. Sneaky, Johnnie Boden. Very sneaky.

MommyofAmaya
11-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Just checked my order history. The discount does show up. No email as citymama said.

Thanks. I bit. Confirmation page showed the discounted price so fingers crossed.

Dream
11-26-2012, 04:37 PM
I placed 2 orders and received shipping confirmation for 1 and the price is discounted. So I think they're honoring the orders that they gave order confirmations.

sewarsh
11-26-2012, 04:46 PM
I missed that. Now I understand. :bag

No biggee. I can totally see how you thought I was referring to you, but i really wasn't. :)

Globetrotter
11-26-2012, 04:54 PM
citymama, you made my day (night actually, considering I stayed until until 2 taking advantage of this!). What fun, and now let's hope they ship!

boltfam
11-26-2012, 04:58 PM
When I order on the mobile, I don't get a shipping conf email.

Phew...I was getting nervous! I have to stop.

citymama
11-26-2012, 04:59 PM
citymama, you made my day (night actually, considering I stayed until until 2 taking advantage of this!). What fun, and now let's hope they ship!

What did you get? I only got 2 things for me and about a gazillion for the kids!

Globetrotter
11-26-2012, 05:33 PM
What did you get? I only got 2 things for me and about a gazillion for the kids!

I got a bunch of pants for ds (let's hope they are as soft as they sound!!) and also ordered jeans and pants for me and dd, some polka dot socks for dd, plaid shirt for ds.

I also ordered these for me:

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Long-Sleeved-Tops/WA367/Womens-Victoria-Top.html?NavGroupID=18

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WL672/Womens-Pretty-Casual-Top.html?NavGroupID=18

:boogie:

This year I skipped all the Hanna sales so I needed some things for ds. Fingers crossed!

mum-to-be
11-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Is it dead now? I can't seem to place a second order. I should have ordered it all last night.

twodogs
11-26-2012, 07:33 PM
I can only get it via the mobile site (link a few pages back). On the main site, mine won't work. Still waiting for my confirmation email.

edoudera
11-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Kids - try the mobile site or iPad app - codes still stack!

You are LOVELY! Thank you- the m.boden site does work, but I tried several times this afternoon on the regular site and got nowhere.

Maxlee
11-26-2012, 08:38 PM
I placed three orders between 12am and 10am - got all three confirmation e-mails showing extra discount. When I log into my account now the third order does not show extra discount (prices different/ higher than confirmation e-mail for one order :(

Did this happen to anyone else?

chozen
11-26-2012, 08:44 PM

i just checked mine and they all match the discounted amount from order conf.. i did place my order much earlier i think around 7-8p.m.last night.

csmolu78
11-26-2012, 08:48 PM

Nope, when I log into my orders the prices reflect all discounts. Two are "processing" and one is "order placed".

citymama
11-26-2012, 08:58 PM
All my orders show the discount so far. Two items have shipped!

Mommy_Mea
11-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Both of my orders are still showing the discounts, one placed last night and one placed via the mobile site around 5pm tonight. Neither has shipped yet, fingers crossed!

jent
11-26-2012, 09:42 PM
I placed one order last night and one sometime today. Looks like all my orders show the discount so far. Haven't shipped yet though.

I dunno, can they really "take away" the code? I mean, when you buy items online with a credit card, you are agreeing to buy the items at the amount shown. I would think it would be illegal for them to change the price on you without notification.

I could see, if the order hasn't shipped yet, that they could send an email with a "corrected" price and give the option to opt out.

billysmommy
11-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Thank you!!!
I managed to resist all day but I just checked and the dress I've been wanting was still there in my size and Ds1 wanted some more of the lined skater pants so I placed an order.

He was bummed the orange camo was gone in his size but chose the washed red camo and rich navy.

Momit
11-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Just placed order #2 - an anorak for DS. My order from last night still shows the discounted prices so I'm hopeful everything will go through.

Radosti
11-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Thanks to whoever mentioned using the mobile site. The two shirts I have been trying to purchase all day came up with the 25% off. Was able to purchase them :)

abh5e8
11-26-2012, 10:24 PM
so i'm still confused. i didn't get the email, but this am the boden site has a big 30% off banner on it. i bought things that were 30% off and then I used the 25% off code. did some people use a 30% off code ON TOP OF the 30% off sale the site has? and then on top of that, use the 25% off code?

Radosti
11-26-2012, 10:37 PM
No, the 30% off and the 25% off code are not stackable. They did not notice that they were stacking until 2pm or so. Once they did, they fixed it on the main site, but the mobile site still allowed it. They made the 25% off code good until Dec 2nd and then got upset that people decided to use it. Poor planning on their part.

viba424
11-26-2012, 11:21 PM
I was going to come on here tonight and give you guys a hard time for the ten pages of greediness that has been posted since I went to work this morning, but cant just yet because I have to finish my third order. BRB! ;)

viba424
11-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Do you guys like their pants? I have had a pair or two in the past and they were good. Can be pricey. I think their strong suits for women are definitely the tops though.

Maybe Ill skip the pants in favor of two pretty blouses and save the pants for somewhere I can try them on in-store.

citymama
11-27-2012, 12:06 AM
so i'm still confused. i didn't get the email, but this am the boden site has a big 30% off banner on it. i bought things that were 30% off and then I used the 25% off code. did some people use a 30% off code ON TOP OF the 30% off sale the site has? and then on top of that, use the 25% off code?

Yesterday, here's how it worked:
30% on their home page (or click thru email), then enter code Q753 for about 55% off total.
Today, the same thing, but only via the mobile site or iPad.

So no, it's not 30+30+25, it's 30+25!

viba424
11-27-2012, 12:46 AM
Citymama you deserve a lot of credit for that code. My husband will not be happy but you cant please everyone all the time, right?!?

I ended up getting a bunch of stuff that I wanted anyway, just for cheaper! I am officially done. I ordered the 60s coat. I cant find reviews anywhere, Id really like to see how it fits. The only size was the larger of two sizes that I wear in Boden. Plus with DS due in a week Ill probably be a little thick for a few months. Hope it works.

Found a blog post on the 60s coat. A little worrysome. She said it really fuzzes and pills.

peanut520
11-27-2012, 09:28 AM
:bowdown::bowdown:Citymama you are my bargain crush of the year!

I wasnt planning to buy anything beside underwear for dd since it they came down to almost character underwear at target prices, but MIL came over yesterday and gave dd money for xmas and clothes!! dd has an entire mini boden fr next fall for the price of gap or less! :yay:

DrSally
11-27-2012, 09:33 AM
I think we should all post after we get our stuff. Would love to hear how things work out/ look on everyone.

janine
11-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Well I am in a bind b/c I bought with the both stacked but the price came out with only one code after check out. So I can either re-order and mail back or hope they adjust.

I got tons of stuff for the kids and skinny cords for me which is great b/c you don't have to be skinny for them. Lord and Taylor has had some pretty awesome in store coupons (cash coupons) so been buying kids tons. I mean I must not realize they grow out of this stuff in a year? Good thing I have 2 DD's, hehe.

iaam
11-27-2012, 11:41 AM
My order (two items) shipped from the UK. Shipping email confirmed the price I was expecting.

wifecat
11-27-2012, 11:47 AM
My order shipped and prices were as expected! My ebates confirmation came through and freaked me out because it gave a total that was about 25% higher than I would have expected and I worried that they canceled my coupon code. Still don't know what that was about! My cc was charged the correct amount.

lauren3110
11-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Ahh! So upset - I apparently did not read the return policy very well this summer and sale items only have 7 days to return! I had ordered multiple sizes of things because I didn't know how they would fit. So, now instead of crediting my bank account I have a big credit at Boden. Did I totally miss yesterday's deal or am I reading it right that it still works 30+25 on mobile?? I need to use my credit! Also, heads up if you order clearance - your return window is very small!!!

Globetrotter
11-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Holy moly! They shipped!! :yay:

Citymama, thank you thank you thank you!!

roseyloxs
11-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks OP! I ordered DH a wool peacoat (reefer) last night. Saved over a $130 on just that one item. Thought about getting kids some winter jackets in the next size up but since I don't know where we are moving next it didn't seem worth the investment.

I had to order from the mobile site. Haven't received an email but my cc was charged the amount I expected. Thanks again OP and for whichever PP realized the mobile site was still accepting both codes.

sujathas
11-27-2012, 12:32 PM
I don't think its working anymore today, right? At least I don't see any banner for 30% off at boden today on the website or mobile site... is that correct? sad i missed this!

iaam
11-27-2012, 12:39 PM
I don't think its working anymore today, right? At least I don't see any banner for 30% off at boden today on the website or mobile site... is that correct? sad i missed this!

Yes, the 30% off sale was only Sunday and Monday.

mjrwe
11-27-2012, 12:40 PM
yay, items from each of my 2 mobile site orders shipped - and both show the discounted prices.

I ordered around noon pacific yesterday.

mjrwe
11-27-2012, 12:41 PM
now I regret not ordering more... :tongue5:

citymama
11-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Yes, almost all my items have already shipped and the notices list the super sale prices!:cheerleader1:

FYI, folks need to double check for themselves, but unlike end of season and clearance sale return policy, these orders should be covered by regular return policy, which I think is 60 days (unless you ordered clearance items). If you have old free returns labels lying around, you should be able to use them to return items if needed.

And thankfully/sadly, the deal is done! It looks like the BBB did some serious damage!

FTMLuc
11-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Just got a shipping notice for the 2 items I ordered. One of the items is $2 more then the order confirmation email, it is really odd. Looks like it stacked 30% off + 20% off vs. the $25. I am not going to complain, b/c it' still a great deal, but how do they figure the math between order and shipping?

chozen
11-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Yes, almost all my items have already shipped and the notices list the super sale prices!:cheerleader1:

FYI, folks need to double check for themselves, but unlike end of season and clearance sale return policy, these orders should be covered by regular return policy, which I think is 60 days (unless you ordered clearance items). If you have old free returns labels lying around, you should be able to use them to return items if needed.

And thankfully/sadly, the deal is done! It looks like the BBB did some serious damage!

i think it may be 90days? anyway, thanks again citymama!

Mommy_Mea
11-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Mine are all still processing, on pins and needles to get them shipped and make sure they are the right price!

ETA: Three items have shipped at the right price, woohoo!

According to their website, it is three months for returns:

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/help/returns.html

I could have sworn it was 30 days? This summer I made my first order, and I thought I remember scrambling to get in under the 30 day period?

mommylamb
11-27-2012, 04:37 PM
I just got shipping notifications for the shirt I bought DH and the dress I bought myself. The jeans I got are on back order, so They won't come until January.

wolverine2
11-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Just got a shipping notice for the 2 items I ordered. One of the items is $2 more then the order confirmation email, it is really odd. Looks like it stacked 30% off + 20% off vs. the $25. I am not going to complain, b/c it' still a great deal, but how do they figure the math between order and shipping?

Sales tax is charged in MA...

Mommy_Mea
11-27-2012, 07:39 PM

They have a presence in Massachusetts and Pennsylvania (which is why there are warehouse sales in those areas), and so they have to charge sales tax. I know in Massachusetts, there is no sales tax on clothing items less than $175 for a single item, and then only for the value over $175. There may be things on the boden website that aren't "clothing" according to the Massachusetts tax laws, and so they would be charged sales tax. Whew, that got long!

No idea about Pennsylvania tax laws :-)

sewarsh
11-27-2012, 08:59 PM
No idea about Pennsylvania tax laws :-)

No tax on clothes in PA.

JanBaby
11-27-2012, 09:02 PM
What are we looking at for shipping times? I haven't ordered from Boden before. I placed three small orders - 2 packs of women's socks that are "reserved", one 7 pack of socks for DS that has shipped and an anorak for DD that is "processing". I'm anxoius now! I want my socks!

boltfam
11-27-2012, 09:32 PM
What are we looking at for shipping times? I haven't ordered from Boden before. I placed three small orders - 2 packs of women's socks that are "reserved", one 7 pack of socks for DS that has shipped and an anorak for DD that is "processing". I'm anxoius now! I want my socks!

Boden shipping can vary. I have had items as quick as two days and take up to 14 business days. On average, I would say it takes about a week to ten days.

viba424
11-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Ive been waiting all day to see if people would post what they got. C'mon, what did everyone get?? With such big orders it would have to be good!

ett
11-27-2012, 09:38 PM

If it's coming from their PA warehouse, then it's a few days depending on how far you are from there. If it's coming from UK, it could be several weeks.

citymama
11-28-2012, 05:17 AM
Ive been waiting all day to see if people would post what they got. C'mon, what did everyone get?? With such big orders it would have to be good!

Ok, I'll bite, but others need to play as well. ;)

Me:
--Isabella cardi in pewter
--Notch neck shift in pewter/black

DD1:
--Appliqué gypsy top in blue (bunny) and pink (butterfly). She was wanting this for weeks and when they dropped to like $12 on this sale, I bit the bullet)
--Everyday cardigan in light pink
--Spotty box of socks
--Rainy day wellies (birds) - this was a reorder to return, $10 less than I paid last week!
Heart patch jeans (another reorder since it was $13 less than I paid)

DD2:
--spotty box of socks
--simple tshirt in white (we love these as layering shirts)
--faraway forest tee
--pretty sweatpants
--lined cords from baby Boden
(I had previously bought her the storybook tee which was sold out in her size by the time this sale started so I couldn't rebuy - we love it!)

I had previously bought myself the ravello shirt in red (still to arrive), brushed pullons, and my favorite, the kids cozy gilet in 13-14 which fits me really well!

I love fall Boden. My wallet doesn't.

boltfam
11-28-2012, 07:06 AM
After reading citymama's post, I wish I would have gotten more, especially their pj pants!

me:
pretty crewneck cardigan in gold melange
yellow favorite roll neck jumper

DS:
contrast stitch tee shirt

DD1:
fleece lined anorak in ceramic green daisy hopscotch
lined heart patch baby jeans

DD2:
rebuying heart patch baby jeans b/c $10 less than I paid

Twoboos
11-28-2012, 08:45 AM
Got a notice that some of my stuff shipped today, at the add'l sale price. Phew!

I didn't get much. I placed this order, then kept adding/removing things from my cart, trying to decide. Then the sale was over, which saved me. ;)

I got the Zig Zag Tunic in denim (delay), Roma trousers in black, and Stitch detail dress in Fig - which I've been wanting since it came out!

ETA: Yah that's all for me. Everything I liked for DDs was sold out in their sizes!

Mommy_Mea
11-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Just got a shipping notice for 2 more items, at the correct price. I ordered a number of things that will be delayed, although one item already shipped that was supposed to be a 7 week delay. I got:

For me:
Twist Front Top (in Pewter and Cranberry)
Wrap Jersey Top (in black)

For DH:
Washed T-Shirt (in Grey and White)
Original Flat Front Chinos (in camel)

For DS1 (sized up, doesn't need anything this year!!)
Contrast Stitch T-Shirt (in Turf, Navy/Ecru, Ketchup and Jungle/Powder)
Cord Baggies (in Elephant)
Preppy Slim Cords (in Cadet Blue)

I tried to keep it simple with good basics!

Momit
11-28-2012, 09:25 AM
I got nothing for myself (I think I deserve a medal for that!)

For DS
Drawstring shorts (clearance, no additional discount but they have been in my cart waiting for free shipping)
Sherpa lined zip through
Lamby funnel neck
2 pack socks
Anorak in yellow/blue

ETA I have gotten shipping notices for both of my orders with correct sale prices

viba424
11-28-2012, 10:00 AM
I hope my list isnt to obnoxious. Im frankly upset I didnt buy any of the socks, but I have proven to have a but of hoarding/OCD with socks so Im cut off.

I also wish I would have gotten DD a heavy coat for next year but she has an HA one she seems to really like that I got for $15. I could have used some womens pants as well but had to stop, as that was going to make for a really expensive cart.

For DS (due next week!)
Twin pack rompers - cars print
Twin pack rompers - rockets print
5 pack bodies - trucks
Gray animal adventures applique tee
Reversible baggies - brown
Everyday trousers - charcoal and red (for later)
Jersey duffle - green (next year)
Hat and mittens set - navy sheep
Cosy pocket sweatshirt - navy (for later)

For DD (she has enough stuff)
Flower stripe applique top (for later)
Pointelle tee in red
Slouchy stripe sweatpants - red
Cord slimfit jeans - red (for later)

For me
60s coat - ivory
Velvet henley - olive
Wrap jersey top - black
Pajama bottoms - london and plaid prints
Woven crinkle shirt - gray with ivory flowers
Cropped leggings - black, navy, gray

anamika
11-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Probably the smallest order here - cord skirt and a top for me.
Boden does not really work for me or my kid. But I keep thinking I can find something and make it work. My closet is littered with good intentions from Boden!!

mommylamb
11-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Got a notice that some of my stuff shipped today, at the add'l sale price. Phew!

I didn't get much. I placed this order, then kept adding/removing things from my cart, trying to decide. Then the sale was over, which saved me. ;)

I got the Zig Zag Tunic in denim (delay), Roma trousers in black, and Stitch detail dress in Fig - which I've been wanting since it came out!

ETA: Yah that's all for me. Everything I liked for DDs was sold out in their sizes!

How long is the delay on the Zig Zag Tunic? When you get it, will you let me know if you like it? I was eying that, but ended up buying other things, but if it's available in my size, might buy it when it's EOS sale time. Love it in denim.

FTMLuc
11-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Thank you for the explanation, I completely forgot about that. I ordered a crossbody bag, so they charged tax on it.

daphne
11-28-2012, 11:18 AM
For DD # 1 (nothing for the baby)
Fluttery Appliqué T-shirt
Heart Pocket Jeans Skirt
Slouchy Sweatpants - navy 2 pairs, striped pink
Pointelle T-shirt - 1 pink, 1 blue
Everyday Cord Skirt
Teddy Zip Through
Heart Patch Trousers 2 pairs - one to grow into
Tie Front Top
Textured Beret & Scarf Set - red

For me:
Wrap Jersey Top - black
Twist Front Top - green & red \
Wallet

Nothing for DS or DH - they're too big!

tarnator
11-28-2012, 12:07 PM
For me:
stitch detail dress in denim (have been eyeing that for a while)
a striped tshirt
boyfriend cardigan in cream
wide belt in gold

For DD:
tunic dress for next year
tulip applique tshirt

....wish that i had bought more!

I have 2 items from clearance that I forgot to return sitting in my closet and now it is too late. But I would have loved to spend that credit too!

Twoboos
11-28-2012, 12:19 PM
How long is the delay on the Zig Zag Tunic? When you get it, will you let me know if you like it? I was eying that, but ended up buying other things, but if it's available in my size, might buy it when it's EOS sale time. Love it in denim.

Looks like it wasn't a delay, but it shipped separately from the other two items. It's on the way, too!

I will report back.

atx
11-28-2012, 12:29 PM
m Code Price

Twin Pack Long Johns 34135PBL3y $25.20

Subtotal: $25.20
Shipping: $0.00
Total: $25.20

Order item summary

Item Code Price Status Delivery expected by
Twin Pack Long Johns 34135PBL3y $25.20 In this dispatch
Stripy Ruffle Dress 33207BPK2-3y $17.85 To be dispatched
Pretty Pintuck Dress 33205RED2-3y $19.95 To be dispatched
7 Pack Sock Box 38157STR7-9½ $15.75 To be dispatched December 10 2012
Icon T-shirt 31591BPK2-3y $13.65 To be dispatched
Appliqué Gypsy Top 31616SAP2-3y $11.25 To be dispatched
Pointelle T-shirt 31576TEL2-3y $9.45 To be dispatched
Shaggy Lined Zip Through 31575YEL3-4y $29.40 To be dispatched
Big Bloom Appliqué T-shirt 31588ECR2-3y $14.70 To be dispatched
Stripy Hotchpotch Top 31599PNK2-3y $12.60 To be dispatched
Faraway Forest T-shirt 31584RED2-3y $10.50 To be dispatched
Pretty Sweatpants 32424BGN3y $14.70 To be dispatched
Smart Knitted Coat WK792NAV12 $114.45 To be dispatched
Smocked Cord Dress 33204BGN2-3y $21.00 To be dispatched
3 Pack Knee Socks 38158MUL7-9½ $12.60 To be dispatched
Easy Jersey Dress 33203BLU2-3y $15.75 To be dispatched December 25 2012
Easy Jersey Dress 33203BLU3-4y $15.75 To be dispatched December 25 2012
Guernsey Tee WL670CRM12 $23.10 To be dispatched
Guernsey Tee WL670DGY12 $23.10 To be dispatched

Order shipping charge: $0.00

citymama
11-28-2012, 12:57 PM
For me:
stitch detail dress in denim (have been eyeing that for a while)
a striped tshirt
boyfriend cardigan in cream
wide belt in gold

For DD:
tunic dress for next year
tulip applique tshirt

....wish that i had bought more!

I have 2 items from clearance that I forgot to return sitting in my closet and now it is too late. But I would have loved to spend that credit too!

Its not too late to do returns. They'll accept returns anytime, for any reason. On clearance items, you have 7 days to get a refund; after that it's store credit. Send them back! You could call them to verify, but it's worked ok for me.

sfmom
11-28-2012, 01:03 PM
I've been stalking this thread for the past couple of days.

I know this board LOVES Boden. And I checked out their website and had a lot of stuff in my basket, but didn't pull the trigger (yes, I've been kicking myself since yesterday).

Can someone please explain what is so great about Boden - for me and for my DC - and when would be the next best opportunity to raid their website?

joules
11-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Me:
Mini Boden girls Cord Slim Fit Jeans in fern color. I looked at the size chart, I hope these fit me because they were only $15.

DS1:
Shaggy Lined Hoody
Contrast Stitch T-shirt (2 different sizes)

Gift for friend's daughter. We went to lunch the other day and DS1 had on a fuzzy jacket I got from a Boden sale earlier this year. My friend commented on how warm and soft it looked. So I tried to build an outfit for her DD around the Teddy Jacket:
Everyday T-shirt
Teddy Zip Through
Denim Leggings

I wish I got more too!! The twin pack of PJs were sold out in his size before I decided I wanted them. I think I have shipping notification for everything and the prices are correct.

jgenie
11-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Me:
Roma dress in navy (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH393/Womens-Roma-Dress.html)
Twist Front jersey dress in grey (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH396/Womens-Twist-Front-Jersey-Dress.html)
zig zag tunic in grey and denim (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tunics/WA379/Womens-Casual-Zig-Zag-Tunic.html)
Spiral Tunic in bluebell (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tunics/WA358/Womens-Spiral-Tunic.html)

DC:
Wide striped socks

My orders have all shipped. I wish I had thought about the pajama pants for me.

tarnator
11-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Its not too late to do returns. They'll accept returns anytime, for any reason. On clearance items, you have 7 days to get a refund; after that it's store credit. Send them back! You could call them to verify, but it's worked ok for me.

I love you! I will send them back....cheers!

csmolu78
11-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Mini Boden for DD:

Fluttery Appliqué T-shirt
Hotchpotch T-shirt
Cosy Gilet
Twin Pack Pointelle T-shirts
Quilted Jacket
Pretty Cord Dress
Festive Friends T-shirt
3 Pack Patterned Tights
Appliqué Pinnie
Winter Jumper

Boden:
Tweed Tote
Richmond Bag
Wallet

mommylamb
11-28-2012, 04:00 PM

I know this board LOVES Boden. And I checked out their website and had a lot of stuff in my basket, but didn't pull the trigger (yes, I've been kicking myself since yesterday).

Can someone please explain what is so great about Boden - for me and for my DC - and when would be the next best opportunity to raid their website?

I honestly buy more boden stuff for myself, and only every once in a while for my DSs. Their kids stuff is great, but I think it's pricey and I'm not a big spender on kids clothes.

For myself, I usually shop boden sales, or when there's a coupon. I almost never buy full price. There's almost always a coupon. I like the style most of the time. I like that it's free shipping/free returns so often (and I save my free returns stickers so that I always have one handy) because I almost never have time to shop in B&M stores. I have pretty good luck with Boden, but I do return things with some frequency.

As for the next big sale, They do two big EOS sales each year. I think the winter one should start sometime in December (maybe January?? can't remember what they did last year) and the summer one is usually end of June/early July. When they do EOS, they mark most everything down, and then a few weeks later, mark everything left down a little more.

peanut520
11-28-2012, 04:34 PM

Mini Boden:
I like the quality of the clothes for dd. I can get a whole season of wear from the tees without them looking worn. dd has one l/s tee she worn at least 2x a week last winter/spring and there is no piling and very little wash wear and fade on it. I know it is pricey but i only buy on sale and it come out to be a better buy than buying multiple at old navy. I also like their style for the older toddlers/young girls. Cute without being babyish.

Boden: I like quality, the cut and style of the clothing, but dont get a lot because of the price.

twodogs
11-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Got this finger wagging email today in response to my email (I sent it between not being able to order on their site and then was later able to order most of it via the mobile site thanks to OP!! Shipping notice received today!!)

Thank you for your email. I apologize for the delay in replying.

I have looked into your account for you, and I see that you were able to place an order and combine your 30% off and 25% off promotions. I am so sorry for any inconvenience caused while placing the order.

However, this was a system glitch that we had experienced, which would be why the prices were not staying consistent. Offers are not normally allowed to be stacked, and this happened in error. We are absolutely going to keep your order as is, but please keep in mind, on future orders, offers cannot be combined.

Again, I am so sorry for the concern caused.

If I can be of any more help, please let me know. Your email reference number is xxxxxx.
Yours sincerely
Marsalla Gubino
Boden Customer Services
Tel: 1-866-206-9508

Tinochka
11-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Seems to me, every time I am on a strict budget, deals are coming... I could not resist to buy a pack of 7 socks with stars. Thank you!

DrSally
11-28-2012, 11:07 PM
I got the Hamptons T in red and wt. stripe for $20. Hard time dciding on color. Also really likd the loden one

The casual belted dress in pewter for $35 ( looks simple, but reviews say it's got great drape and fabric. Will wear with a petal or teal cropped cardi and wider belt?). I only worry b/ c I'm 5'4" and ordered the petite. Some reviews said it then hits right above the knee for petite women, while others say it's 3" above the knee for petite women. I hope it's not too short. Can anyone chime in?
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH387/Womens-Casual-Belted-Dress.html

jgenie
11-28-2012, 11:22 PM
How do exchanges work? I bought several sets of the wide stripe socks. I would like to exchange a couple of them for the stars sets. Will I get them at the same price or will they do a refund then charge me for the exchange?

citymama
11-28-2012, 11:47 PM
How do exchanges work? I bought several sets of the wide stripe socks. I would like to exchange a couple of them for the stars sets. Will I get them at the same price or will they do a refund then charge me for the exchange?

If you send the item back for an exchange, they'll do an exchange at same cost if different size/color is in stock. This late in the season, you run the risk of out of stock by the time they receive and process the return. You could call and feign ignorance about the return process and they might do a new order for you at the same price - they've done it for me when I've bought at 20% off, but since the 55% off was a fluke, I have no idea what they'll do!

sfmom
11-28-2012, 11:52 PM
I honestly buy more boden stuff for myself, and only every once in a while for my DSs. Their kids stuff is great, but I think it's pricey and I'm not a big spender on kids clothes.

For myself, I usually shop boden sales, or when there's a coupon. I almost never buy full price. There's almost always a coupon. I like the style most of the time. I like that it's free shipping/free returns so often (and I save my free returns stickers so that I always have one handy) because I almost never have time to shop in B&M stores. I have pretty good luck with Boden, but I do return things with some frequency.

As for the next big sale, They do two big EOS sales each year. I think the winter one should start sometime in December (maybe January?? can't remember what they did last year) and the summer one is usually end of June/early July. When they do EOS, they mark most everything down, and then a few weeks later, mark everything left down a little more.

This is great! Thanks! I have something to look forward to....:applause:

citymama
11-28-2012, 11:58 PM

Nothing. Pretend you never saw this thread. Stay away. It's dangerous! ;)

This kind of sale is a freak occurrence that occurred due to a system glitch. The current 25% off and free shipping us actually a pretty good deal for Boden. Usually their best is 20% off. End of season sale prices are better but usually quite
picked over, no free ship, and only 7 days for returns (versus 90 days). However, for a first time order I'd almost rather buy when they have a free ship *and* returns deal so you can return easily of the fit or styles don't work.

I like Boden for kids because of the funky styling, cute prints and great quality cottons. I usually only do a few items per
season per kid, often just a couple at this time and the rest bought at EOS. There are staples we * love* such as
the heart patch pullon jeans. To get these at 50% off is a steal! I like the women's styles - usually more on the models than on me ;) - but there have been some big winners over the years, such as the crossover jersey dress, merino cardis, leggings (amazing), pjs, and the Breton tees.

gatorsmom
11-29-2012, 12:13 AM

I am actually not a huge fan of Boden. I find that the clothes just don't fit my body shape well. Girls in Great Britain must not have big hips like I do! And I don't usually spend a lot on my kids clothes. So, I rarely order from them.

I did this time, though, because I had my eye on some of their shoes which I think will match perfectly with a dress I bought elsewhere. I had been hesitant to try them because they were much more money than I normally like to pay. But with this deal, they were a really good buy! Then when I saw the kids' cute ski jackets and pants, I had to get them. So, yep, I am loving citymama because this deal came at a rare time when Boden had something I wanted to buy.

wolverine2
11-29-2012, 08:45 PM
I got my first package today! And it was for me! :)

Classic Boots - Love them! Just wish I had gotten a pair of leggings to go with them...

anamika
11-29-2012, 08:54 PM
I am actually not a huge fan of Boden. I find that the clothes just don't fit my body shape well. Girls in Great Britain must not have big hips like I do! And I don't usually spend a lot on my kids clothes.

:yeahthat: For me it not the hips so much as the bust. I'm not even very big but the Boden tops make me look a bit too well-endowed. I cannot even think of wearing them to work!

I am not a big fan either and never buy at full price or even the sales. At most the EOS is all I shop.

My DD never reaches for the Boden - it's HA or LE or Gymboree for her.

That said I bought the cord skirt and my first reaction was, "Finally something I can wear to work!"

lilhilly
11-29-2012, 10:00 PM
I am actually not a huge fan of Boden. I find that the clothes just don't fit my body shape well. Girls in Great Britain must not have big hips like I do! And I don't usually spend a lot on my kids clothes. So, I rarely order from them.

Boden trousers don't fit me at all. And I am British by birth, born to two British parents. Their t's also run a little short, IME, which I don't like. I love their kids clothes, however, and am always delighted to pick them up at a discount. And their women's skirts and dresses work for me and are usually cute and fun.

DrSally
11-29-2012, 10:16 PM
You ladies wearing kids sizes are cracking me up. That said, I bought a 14+ girls top at h&m on sale for $5. Eyeballing it, it looked like it would fit for pj wear, and it does!

citymama
11-30-2012, 04:17 AM
You ladies wearing kids sizes are cracking me up. That said, I bought a 14+ girls top at h&m on sale for $5. Eyeballing it, it looked like it would fit for pj wear, and it does!

I have barely taken off the mini Boden size 13-14 cozy gilet since it arrived 10 days ago! I can't really see myself in a lot of other mini but I do love this one! I wish the rain boots/kids wellies didn't run so small or I would have gotten a pair for me too - DD LOVES hers. My frame is apparently like that of a young teen but my feet are too big!

peanut520
11-30-2012, 12:32 PM
First mini delivery! only 2 items for next fall, but the first of many to come!

Denim Slim Fit Jeans
Item code: 32437
Color: MDN , Mid Denim
Size: 5y
- some concerns with the jeans since they dont look very skinny but i'm hoping it is because i'm not use to seeing the larger size. they seem very wide in the leg in comparison to the LE pencil fit jean which we love (not straight leg or super skinny)

Faraway Forest T-shirt
Item code: 31584
Color: RED , Chilli/Birds
Size: 4-5y
- more of a vermilion than a red, but really pretty and different

Mommy_Mea
11-30-2012, 04:42 PM
For me:
Twist Front Top (in Pewter and Cranberry)
Wrap Jersey Top (in black)

For DH:
Washed T-Shirt (in Grey and White)
Original Flat Front Chinos (in camel)

For DS1 (sized up, doesn't need anything this year!!)
Contrast Stitch T-Shirt (in Turf, Navy/Ecru, Ketchup and Jungle/Powder)
Cord Baggies (in Elephant)
Preppy Slim Cords (in Cadet Blue)

I tried to keep it simple with good basics!

I just got the two twist front tops, and I love them! flattering without being too tight. DH's chinos also came, can't wait for him to try them tonight!

ETA: The chinos were too small :( He is always a 32, so I didn't think that would be an issue. I think a 34 would be too big, so probably getting returned...

elizamom
11-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Love the idea of trying mini boden for me. But, how small do you have to be to make that work? I am a size 4 with them usually. Could I make it happen?!

viba424
11-30-2012, 05:00 PM
I got my first box today, with the 60s coat which I was looking forward to most. I am about 14 months pregnant so I cant really tell, but it seems like its going to be too big just by the way it is fitting in the shoulders. Kinda frumpy too it seems...maybe its the ivory color against my pasty face. I was really hoping it would work.

I always try to get bargains with them but even if I have to pay a few bucks more its worth it. They have never once given me a hard time about a return and I think in three years Ive paid for shipping probably only 2-3 times. They are really worth it; one of my favorite stores for sure.

sewarsh
11-30-2012, 05:48 PM
I am about 14 months pregnant

Oh dear lord, i hope you go soon. I'm surprised you can fit any jacket on you at this point! :)

mshen
11-30-2012, 05:57 PM
I have barely taken off the mini Boden size 13-14 cozy gilet since it arrived 10 days ago! I can't really see myself in a lot of other mini but I do love this one! I wish the rain boots/kids wellies didn't run so small or I would have gotten a pair for me too - DD LOVES hers. My frame is apparently like that of a young teen but my feet are too big!

oh man, i wish you had told me that while the sale was on. I spent about $200 on the kids and nothing on myself. Their women's line don't fit me well, but of course I haven't tried the petite line yet.

citymama
11-30-2012, 08:45 PM
oh man, i wish you had told me that while the sale was on. I spent about $200 on the kids and nothing on myself. Their women's line don't fit me well, but of course I haven't tried the petite line yet.

The 13-14 gilets were sold out long before this sale, alas. I would have snagged the red color if it had been in stock!

Globetrotter
11-30-2012, 08:56 PM
I can't wait for my packages. Jealous of you all who got it already!

viba424
12-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Need your input...I mentioned I got the 60s coat in ivory in the sale and its a size too big and looks terrible on me. When DD saw it he said something like "holy seargent peppers lonely hearts club band"

Should I just return it and be done with it or try it in a size smaller in the red? Do you like the look of the wool or does it look a little like a wool sofa upholstry? I have been a bit of a spender lately so I dont know if I should just quit it!

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Coats-Jackets/Coats/WE355-RED/Womens-Vermillion-60s-Coat.html

citymama
12-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Need your input...I mentioned I got the 60s coat in ivory in the sale and its a size too big and looks terrible on me. When DD saw it he said something like "holy seargent peppers lonely hearts club band"

Should I just return it and be done with it or try it in a size smaller in the red? Do you like the look of the wool or does it look a little like a wool sofa upholstry? I have been a bit of a spender lately so I dont know if I should just quit it!

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Coats-Jackets/Coats/WE355-RED/Womens-Vermillion-60s-Coat.html

I think that's a lot of money for something you don't *love.*

It's hard to tell from the image - I can see why your DH made that comment but it looks attractive from the one picture (in red) I saw. When are you due? I would say it's hard to tell how it will look on you until you're a few weeks post partum.

pomegranate
12-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Citymama, I'm late to post to this thread but was able to put in an order with the combo discount. Just wanted to give you a big thanks for sharing it!!!

viba424
12-01-2012, 07:13 PM

It's hard to tell from the image - I can see why your DH made that comment but it looks attractive from the one picture (in red) I saw. When are you due? I would say it's hard to tell how it will look on you until you're a few weeks post partum.

Im due next week. It was $165 on sale but I agree, thats not all that cheap for a coat you don't love. Coats are hard...I think if I need one so badly I should wait a few weeks and go to the store. Might find something amazing after Christmas.

DrSally
12-01-2012, 09:39 PM

DrSally
12-01-2012, 09:41 PM

That cozy gilet looks--so cozy! I can see where it gts it's name.

JanBaby
12-01-2012, 10:24 PM
We got DDs anorak and I think I'm hooked. I love it and might need to start getting these every year! Thanks again OP ... I think.

Globetrotter
12-03-2012, 10:23 PM
I got my first large shipment from UK :yay:

Everything worked out so far except for two pants (I'm keeping the bigger size). wow!

However, I think I ordered a size too small in another pant style (for ds). Those haven't come yet but i know he will love them and want them in his size - don't know why I didn't also try out the bigger size. Do you think they will let me do an even exchange at these prices? (for the next size)