PDA

View Full Version : gift for 4.5 year old girl

boilermakermom
11-26-2012, 12:26 AM
i am having a hard time coming up with christmas gifts for DD. She is into a lot, but nothing at all. She loves her dollhouse (FP Loving Family) but we have so much stuff for it, so she doesn't need more.

She plays with Legos, both regular and Dupulo. We have a good amount of bricks. Maybe more plates?

She is into baby dolls right now. maybe more clothes?

any good suggestions? what are your 4 or 5 year old girls into?

azzeps
11-26-2012, 12:58 AM
We are taking the plunge on an AG doll this year. DD plays with mine so I thought she ought to have her own. We got a bed from Target to go with it and a few outfits. She's also into Lego so we got her the cafe from the friends line. I'll probably also get her some books. Probably the Little House series that we can read to her. Does your daughter have a tag reader? Our DD likes hers. She will be 5 in March and reads very well already. She's had the tag reader since she was 3 and still loves it.

Dream
11-26-2012, 01:01 AM
DD's 4 and only asked for a princess castle. She's into princess these days. Too much disney I guess.

Clarity
11-26-2012, 01:01 AM
Well, my 4yo dd is begging for an American Girl doll so that may not help you. LOL She's getting clothes for the doll and some accessories such as the salon chair from Target and the wheelchair from TRU.
She likes to "read" and will sit with books for quite some time. She enjoys crafts - loves to paint!
DD also likes to play with her Polly Pockets (but she insists on undressing them and then needs my help getting their clothes back on!) Dh and I had discussed buying her some barbies and accessories (house or cruise ship maybe?) because we currently only have 1-2 barbies in the house.
For outdoor fun, dd loves her plasma car and her big wheel and her bicycle (training wheels). We also have a Hearthsong swing that she loves in the warmer months.
She likes to play zingo (or bingo!) and do puzzles. She also likes to play cards (go fish, old maid) with her sister.
Oh! One of the things she really enjoys is music so my dh built a little stage and we put together a karyoke system for her and she loves to dance and sing down there. She also plays a LOT with her learning resources jumbo animals - they smell a good bit though so I had to let them air out on the enclosed porch for awhile. Just a warning.
She also plays with Breyer Horses and I had thought to buy her a stable or some sort of thing for the horses if I don't buy her Barbie accessories.
HTH! It helped me sort out what I was doing to for her for the holidays - thank you for asking! :)