View Full Version : Kindle Fire 7" with ads $129 today

lmwbasye
11-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Use code: FIREDEAL

One per account only.

HTH!

alexsmommy
11-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Thank you! I was able to get one from the lightning deal, but needed a second and was hoping for a deal.

JElaineB
11-26-2012, 11:37 AM
I was just coming to see if this was posted. Pulled the plug and got one for DS - I wasn't really planning to but we had no "big gift" this year and he's been wanting a tablet. I also got an accessory plug for $10 (usually $20) at time of Kindle Fire order. Got $3 to use on movies for buying an accessory. Got another $3 for movies by using no-rush shipping. I didn't buy a cover yet, but I'm glad, because they gave me a link to 30% off accessories for the next 3 days through the Amazon vouchers. Glad Amazon came through for me after my non-starter doorbuster today for Lands' End!

3isEnough
11-26-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm considering a Kindle Fire for my 10yo but am a bit confused on what it can do. I know its primary purpose is as a reader. How good is it for playing games and internet browsing? Will it play games from the iTunes store or is there a separate game store for Kindle? I think it has wifi but not 3G, right?

I guess what I'm wanting to know is whether its similar to an iPad in terms of reading, gaming & browsing. My DS doesn't need a full-featured iPad, but something similar would be good.

TIA!

OKKiddo
11-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Gotta wait until payday on Friday.... Please still be there then!

JElaineB
11-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Gotta wait until payday on Friday.... Please still be there then!

This is a one-day only sale.

Cyber Monday Savings
Today only, Kindle Fire is available for only $129 ($30 off). Enter promotional code FIREDEAL at checkout.

Offer valid from 12:01AM PST through 11:59PM PST on 11/26/12, or while supplies last. $30 discount valid on Kindle Fire with Special Offers or Kindle Fire without Special Offers sold and shipped by Amazon. Limit one discount per customer. Offer not valid with 1-Click ordering. If you return items purchased using a promo code, we will subtract the value of the discount from your return credit. Promo codes may not be combined with other offers. Amazon reserves the right to cancel the promotion at any time. Void where prohibited.

JElaineB
11-26-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm considering a Kindle Fire for my 10yo but am a bit confused on what it can do. I know its primary purpose is as a reader. How good is it for playing games and internet browsing? Will it play games from the iTunes store or is there a separate game store for Kindle? I think it has wifi but not 3G, right?

I guess what I'm wanting to know is whether its similar to an iPad in terms of reading, gaming & browsing. My DS doesn't need a full-featured iPad, but something similar would be good.

TIA!

It can be an e-reader but I consider it more of an entry level tablet. It has apps, you can watch videos, browse the internet. I assume it is like my Kindle Touch and you need to buy apps from the Kindle Store. It does not work with iTunes. I'll need to figure out how to set up the Kindle FreeTime (parental controls) and tie it to my own Amazon/Kindle account but only set it up to send only the books I want to it.

ETA: The sale version is wi-fi only.

HonoluluMom
11-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Sooo tempting!

rlu
11-26-2012, 03:17 PM
This is tempting. Yesterday DS informed my neice rather emphatically he wants a Nook Tablet instead of a kindle. Need to ask him why. B&N is offering $20 GC with Nook purchase today on their front page (so $179 - $20GC back).

eta: the Kindle Fire is 8GB, the Kindle HD is 16GB (retails $199).

eta again: B&N sale on Nook purchase (using MasterCard) good through 11:59EST Tuesday 11/27 night.

hehateme
11-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Hi:

I have a 3 year 3 month old DS. He teacher recommended Leappad for him.
I was learning about leappad and there is leappad 1 and leappad 2. leappad 2 is around $100.

Can kindle fire be a leappad like learning device for a 3 years 3 month old?

Thanks

JElaineB
11-26-2012, 03:45 PM
eta: the Kindle Fire is 8GB, the Kindle HD is 16GB (retails $199).

I was considering the HD, but for the price I went with the regular Fire. HD content does take up more room, so I figured it might be a wash between 8 GB regular and 16 GB HD. Plus there is unlimited free cloud storage of Amazon content.

Multimama
11-26-2012, 03:59 PM
I also got an accessory plug for $10 (usually $20) at time of Kindle Fire order.

Why do you need an accessory plug? Which one did you get? Thanks!

JElaineB
11-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Why do you need an accessory plug? Which one did you get? Thanks!

Sorry, I just saw this now. It is the PowerFast (http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-PowerFast-Accelerated-Charging-included/dp/B006GWO5WK/ref=kin_ddp_popPFChargerO_popT) charger that charges faster than other methods. I don't think it is absolutely necessary but for $10 when purchased with the Kindle I got it. Got $3 MP3 credit for getting it. What I didn't see when I ordered was a 5 ft long USB cable was also $5 (50% off) if you bought with the charger. I think that would have given another $3 MP3 credit but I'm not 100% sure. I would have gotten that too if I had seen it.

ETA: I just read on the USB cable description that the same one comes with the Fire. I figured it was longer. Guess I didn't need it afterall!