PDA

View Full Version : Santa Party in 4 days

snowbunnies300
11-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Once again I chose to host a Santa party at my home. I like the party a lot. I do not like getting ready for the party. I procrastinate SO bad! What am I doing today? Put the kids on the bus and went back to bed. An extended holiday weekend with three ASD kids is long and makes me very tired. I have a mess of a house to get ready for this party. Like crayon markings all over the walls in the family. Couches that need to be cleaned and covered ~ the same couches that were professionally cleaned last month in anticipation for this party but now have peanut butter spread all over due to DS1 getting into a jar when I wasn't looking. Walls need to be washed as they cannot eat something without touching the walls. Along with all of the other cleaning that needs to be done before having people over. Then I need to bake the sugar cookies for the kids to decorate after Santa leaves plus buy and prepare the food.

Stacked the dishwasher and hand washed the pots and pans. Now I sit at the computer procrastinating. I know I will be wishing for this time back on Friday night ~ oh who am I kidding ~ 3 AM on Saturday morning when I am still up getting ready for the 10 AM party.

WHY, WHY, WHY DO I PROCRASTINATE??? :banghead: My only saving grace is DH will be off work Wed - Fri. Though he is one to procrastinate as much as I do. Need to remember I chose to do this so need to suck it up and get off my fanny and quit complaining.

SnuggleBuggles
11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Btdt! Doing it right now, in fact. I seem to be unable to get ready for a party sooner than 2 days before hand. The worst part is that I've been trying to get better and do more early in the week but still manage to have a big last minute list. Good luck!

AJP
11-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Oh good luck! I'm a huge procrastinator also! I figure anything done too soon will just get UN-done around here!
I hosted one of those last year and this year I'm doing one for all of my (adult) first cousins and spouses. I have a white leather couch to clean, a ceiling to get painted the usual cleaning and organizing, decorating etc, and have already locked the pantry because my DC do the same....sneak the messiest foods into the living room!

snowbunnies300
12-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Santa party was a success! :boogie: Santa called at 9:22 saying he was on his way. I told him great I'm jumping into the shower so yeah I still had stuff to do before he got to our home at 10:00. I had scheduled the party in shifts. The special needs kids were told 10 o'clock and everyone else 11 o'clock. That way the special kiddos had time to warm up to Santa and not be overwhelmed. As guests arrived I was still setting up the luncheon but all went well.

We had 29 kids and their parents come. About 15 kids were not at the party. My ears are still ringing! But it is all good as the sound of children being happy and have a good time playing is one of the best sounds! Also when I went downstairs into the family room all of the toys were put away. A HUGE thank you needs to go out to the parents to facilitated the putting away of toys. I expected a mess and found a clean floor. Now the toys are not all back in the correct drawers or bins but I could care less. They are picked up and it is FAB! :bighand:

liz
12-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Glad to hear your party went well!

mackmama
12-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Glad it went well- and very cool re the cleanup!