PDA

View Full Version : Moonlight Slumber crib mattress sagging?

redrice
11-27-2012, 11:00 AM
My son has a Moonlight Slumber Starlight Standard crib mattress. He's almost 3, and he's been sleeping on it since the day we brought him back from the hospital. We recently took down the crib side and converted it to a toddler bed (about 2 months ago?) I noticed that the middle of the mattress is sagging now, but I have no idea when it started doing that. The mattress looks curved now if you look at it from the side. I flipped it back to the firmer, infant side, hoping to get it back to shape. Does this happen to anyone? I don't know the lifespan of a crib mattress, but Moonlight Slumber is supposed to be pretty good, right? Anyhow, we just ordered a twin-size bed and will need to get a new mattress soon. In fact, we decided to convert him to a twin *because of* of the sagging problem. We figured that it doesn't make sense getting a new crib mattress and that we might as well just transition him the big boy bed now. If the crib mattress sags after 3 years, we probably will get something more durable for the twin size. Just wanted to know if anyone has the same problem, or if the "Supreme" version holds up better. Thanks.

stinkyfeet
11-28-2012, 10:36 PM
DS1 slept on his Moonlight Slumber Starlight Supreme mattress until he was past three years old (we had it on the floor while we were potty training him), and we haven't had any problems with sagging at all. DS1 is 75th percentile in weight and height.

DS2 has his own MS SSS mattress, and we have also had no problems with his mattress (although he refused to sleep in his crib past 15 months).

Overall, we have been very happy with MS crib mattresses.

kaharris83
11-28-2012, 10:52 PM
I would call them. The mattresses have a lifetime warranty. We have the dual sided Little Dreamer and haven't had any issues with it. We just bought DS1 the Starlight Supreme in full for his big boy bed and it seems well made and like it will last.