PDA

View Full Version : WW Folks and Other's who are dieting/healthy eating, how was Thanksgiving?

BabyBearsMom
11-27-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm so relieved that the mega food day of Thanksgiving is over and I managed to stick pretty well to WW. I used all my weekly points and activity points for the meal, but I still managed to lose 1.6lbs that week!! :yay: I am psyched. I'm down a total of 10.2 lbs now.

How did everyone else do? Anyone want to share strategies that worked/didn't work so we can implement for Christmas?

My strategies were:
* I ate ultra healthy for the week other than Thursday
* I did an extra 20 to 30 minutes of mid-level activity every day except Thursday to build up some extra activity points
* I let myself indulge in a little bit of everything but filled most of my plate with veggies (so I had a few bites of mashed potatoes and stuffing and a small piece of pie, but ate lots of brussel sprouts, squash and cauliflower to get full).
* I made this recipe for sweet potato casserole and it was delish: http://www.accenthealth.com/Patients/Recipes-Detail/180/

lizzywednesday
11-27-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm not doing WW, but wanted to compliment you on your 10.2lbs lost :cheerleader1: and your strategy for Thanksgiving so you didn't over-indulge.

Congratulations and good for you! I hope you're able to keep it up through your goal weight and into maintenance.

lovin2shop
11-27-2012, 02:35 PM
I did okay over Thanksgiving, didn't lose, but also didn't gain anything back. That's pretty much a victory for me for the holiday. It's going to take a lot of discipline for me to keep the weight off in December as well. We're going on vacation, and then starts all the holiday celebrations!

ETA: Congratulations on the weight loss!

LD92599
11-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Between halloween, the hurricane and thansgiving...stayed the same. Fine with me!