PDA

View Full Version : Buyer's remorse

HonoluluMom
11-27-2012, 01:36 PM
My friend's cousin started selling thirty-one products, so my friend asked me if I wanted to buy anything. I was excited to see the catalog and I ordered a bunch of stuff because I've heard good things about the products. When I got the bill, I was pretty shocked at the total because in addition to the 4.5% sales tax, there was an 18% delivery charge! :47:

If I knew about the 18% delivery charge, I definitely wouldn't have ordered so much!

mytwosons
11-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Wow! I've never heard of a percentage for delivery. That's crazy!

SnuggleBuggles
11-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Luckily I caught that line item at a friend's Airbonne (was that the one?) party and opted not to order. Sorry that happened to you! I hate wasting money. On the bright side, the 31 stuff is nice.

Melaine
11-27-2012, 02:17 PM
That is really irritating. I like 31 but to be honest I have bought it on ebay to avoid the party nonsense.

belovedgandp
11-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Dang, I knew the consultant I was using shifted stuff somehow to make it not obscene, but didn't know it was that much.

TwoBees
11-27-2012, 02:47 PM
That's crazy! When I ordered, shipping was $5 or something like that. (or maybe the hoestess had it all come to her house and then she shipped everyone's separately?)

khalloc
11-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Ugh!

I went to a 31 party once at a neighbors house. I really didnt see the big deal about their products. I still bought something because I felt funny about not ordering. but it definitely wasnt something I wanted or needed.

tmahanes
11-27-2012, 03:05 PM
I have an order open right now and it has 8% shipping but no delivery fee. Weird!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

citymama
11-27-2012, 03:09 PM
That's insane! If this info wasn't printed or told to you upfront, I think you should say something. You were trying to support her business, not subsidize her. I would do so in a very matter of fact way ("is this an error?) and request an adjustment. That kind of stuff drives me nuts!

TwinFoxes
11-27-2012, 03:16 PM
That's insane! If this info wasn't printed or told to you upfront, I think you should say something. You were trying to support her business, not subsidize her. I would do so in a very matter of fact way ("is this an error?) and request an adjustment. That kind of stuff drives me nuts!

:yeahthat: That's just gouging.

♥ms.pacman♥
11-27-2012, 03:49 PM
i agree with citymama and i'd ask about that..sounds like an error. I love the 31 stuff, ordered from them tons of times before and i've never had to pay a delivery charge that high. usually it has always been shipping is like 5% of the total..the last party i was at the shipping was only like $5 or something and i ordered close to $100 of stuff. and if you didn't order at a party (and thus want the stuff shipped straight to you) it's an additional $4 to ship right to you. But 18% sounds nutso. Sounds like maybe she meant to calculate 8% instead of 18%? i'd definitely ask.

TwinFoxes
11-27-2012, 03:54 PM
I just thought of something, I wonder if the charge is that much because you're in Hawaii?

snowbunnies300
11-27-2012, 03:58 PM
I am also thinking it is because of shipping to Hawaii