PDA

View Full Version : Spaghetti Squash, my new favorite thing

Melaine
11-27-2012, 02:34 PM
I've had Spaghetti squash before, but I guess I have a new appreciation for everything while on the diet for DS.

I love this stuff! Now I am not saying that I would go to Olive Garden and order this and it isn't like the SAME as pasta (which I could live on, by the way). But it is really, really good.

It is also easier than I thought to cook. I used to try to cut it in half but I found you can just put it in a pan whole (cut a slit or two) with an inch or two of water, bake for about 45-an hour at 400, cut it open, scoop out the seeds, then scrape it out with a fork.

I had it with some EVOO, sauted onions, peppers and mushrooms, salt & pepper. Yum! Also had it with spaghetti sauce with ground beef and it was really good. Plan to try it with pesto next time. It is only 42 calories for 1 cup!

infomama
11-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Sold. I'll pick some up today.

specialp
11-27-2012, 02:41 PM
You can microwave it, too, in a pinch.

Aarohismom
11-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Goes well with Trader Joe's Bruschetta sauce too.

Katigre
11-27-2012, 02:56 PM
It is great as a sub for rice noodles in pad thai too. Www.theclothesmakethegirl.com has a great recipe.

Sent from Katigre's Galaxy S3

ShayleighCarsensMom
11-27-2012, 03:15 PM
My favorite new way to cook it is in the crock pot! Simply poke a few holes in it, put it in the crock pot with about a cup of water, seasonings of your choice and cook in low until the outside is squishy (about 4 hours maybe?).
Then, cut, seed and eat!

Valerie
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elbenn
11-27-2012, 04:13 PM
42 calories a cup! Awesome. I love the crock pot idea.

JElaineB
11-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Great timing, I just bought my first spaghetti squash ever this weekend. Thanks for all the ideas.