PDA

View Full Version : Which Angry Birds app? What other apps for 8yo boy?

rlu
11-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Santa is getting DS a Nook Tablet and wants to load a couple of games - the Perry game (Phineas & Ferb) and one of the Angry Bird games to start with. DS has not played any of the Angry Birds games but knows of them so Santa is rather clueless which one to get. DS is NOT into Star Wars yet (how this could be is beyond me but a fact) so not that one. Any recs or just go with the original?

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/angry-birds?keyword=angry+birds&store=nookstore&iehack=%E2%98%A0

Any other game suggestions welcomed as well. TIA!

BDKmom
11-27-2012, 03:36 PM
I would start with the original and, once he gets tired of that, add Space.

Don't know if it's available for nook, but Spy Mouse is fun.

rlu
11-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks - Spy Mouse is offered for Nook.

kristac
11-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Also don't know if it's on Nook but Cut the Rope and Where's My Water are fun. Also Bad Piggies. I agree start with the original Angry Birds.

SnuggleBuggles
11-27-2012, 05:27 PM
I would get original, then seasons, then Rio, then Star Wars, then space. I actually dislike space and think seasons is the best. They are so cheap that I would, personally, buy 2-3 versions.

Other apps to consider:
Plants Vs Zombies
Cover Orange
Doodle Jump
Scribblenauts
Chop Chop Ninja
Cut the Rope

I never buy free versions b/c I don't like the ads.

GvilleGirl
11-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Love Plant vs. Zombies and Cut the Rope.

katydid1971
11-27-2012, 05:42 PM
I think Angry Birds Seasons is really cute. Other favorite apps are Presidents vs. Aliens and Stack the States.

Hippoharbor
11-27-2012, 06:35 PM
OP, sorry to hijack post, but after seeing some of these great suggestions of games, I wanted to buy some. However, these will initially be purchased and downloaded on my Ipad. Next month, prior to Christmas, I am going to get DS's new Ipad all set up (apps, screen protector on, etc) prior to him opening on Christmas morning. When I add his new Ipad to my computer, can I just transfer specific apps or will I have to repurchase all?

Thanks.

kristac
11-27-2012, 06:41 PM
OP, sorry to hijack post, but after seeing some of these great suggestions of games, I wanted to buy some. However, these will initially be purchased and downloaded on my Ipad. Next month, prior to Christmas, I am going to get DS's new Ipad all set up (apps, screen protector on, etc) prior to him opening on Christmas morning. When I add his new Ipad to my computer, can I just transfer specific apps or will I have to repurchase all?

Thanks.

You can share apps under the same apple id.

rlu
11-28-2012, 03:27 AM
Thanks all!