PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know Nordstroms return policy?

ckso
11-28-2012, 05:35 PM
I got a pair of Nordstrom brand Mary Jane shoes for my daughters bday but its too big. In my haste I threw all the packaging and box away

Can I still return or exchange it? It's never been worn

hillview
11-28-2012, 05:38 PM
I think it can be returned easily.

SnuggleBuggles
11-28-2012, 05:38 PM
They can look up on your credit card, iirc.

Giantbear
11-28-2012, 05:47 PM
my wife tells me nordstroms is an easy return

Beth24
11-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Yes you can. They take back anything, anytime for any reason.

elektra
11-28-2012, 06:52 PM

:yeahthat:
I've even heard an urban legend where somebody supposedly rolled a spare tire into Nordstrom and they took it as a return and gave the person money!

missliss55
11-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Nordstroms will take it back any time. Fabulous customer service. I've had shoes that I love and felt good when I tried them on, but after walking in them for a day they really hurt. Returned without a problem. Love Nordstroms.

ckso
11-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Awesome. I got it as a gift so I have no cc card info for them to look up. Thanks!

nancyvh
11-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Nordstroms return policy is that they have no return policy. I was just watching a report about this on CBS' Sunday Morning news program. They will take it back no matter how long ago you purchased it. Their customer service is fantastic.

3isEnough
11-28-2012, 11:07 PM
As opposed to Nordstrom's really lenient non-policy, Nordstrom Rack follows a very strict 30 day, no wear, no excuses policy.

I recently returned a pair of boots there that I had owned for less than 2 months and I had worn them to walk outside a few blocks (the wear was so minimal that the stickers on the bottoms of the boots were completely visible & readable). The cashier pointed to their 30 day policy and curtly told me that the merchandise must be unworn (and was unmoved when I explained that I was returning them because they were so uncomfortable). In the end he offered to give me store credit, but he made it clear that this exception was a one-time only thing.

FWIW I had spent over $600 on the original purchase that included the boots (boots were about $130, so I kept approx $470 of the original purchase) and I had used a Nordstrom credit card.

ckso
11-29-2012, 03:05 AM
I didn't realize there was a Nordstrom rack.

Would I be able to exchange a Nordstrom rack item at Nordstroms? I'm really not sure where it was purchased

geminimagk
11-29-2012, 10:08 AM
I didn't realize there was a Nordstrom rack.

Would I be able to exchange a Nordstrom rack item at Nordstroms? I'm really not sure where it was purchased

I haven't tried this, but they seem to function as 2 separate stores. So I doubt it.

danagee
11-29-2012, 10:12 AM
SO glad you posted this question! I have same issue except dd wore them once, rubbed against her ankle and blistered so she can't wear again. Just yesterday gave ds the box to take to school for a project cuz I figured after about 3 months, I was stuck w/the shoes.
I will try to return them today! Thanks.

pastrygirl
11-29-2012, 03:22 PM
FYI, having the box isn't necessary for returning to the Rack if unworn and within 30 days. I hate shoeboxes, so I always have the cashier keep them. I do leave the tags attached, though.

HannaAddict
11-29-2012, 03:54 PM
They are not always perfectly easy about it due to so much abuse of the policy. They may question you and make it clear it is not okay to bring anything back, while ultimately giving you store credit or money. Rack items cannot be taken to regular store. Our Nancy's boyfriend is a buyer there and she has worked retail there and said it is awful what some people try to do as return (well worn, used up items from years ago or items purchased used from consignment store). Sadly, some will eventually ruin it for the honest people. You should be fine unless it is a rack item. I would try and find the shoes online to make sure they still stock them or call first.

ckso
11-30-2012, 11:02 PM
How can I tell whether its a rack item? I just know its Nordstrom because it has the Nordstrom brand on the shoe

wildfire
11-30-2012, 11:22 PM
If it came in the box, it probably came with the store. Children's shoes at the rack are attached to each other with elastic and you don't get a box. They also have big stickers with the price. I think you are OK.

mackmama
12-03-2012, 06:28 PM

I think this used to be the case, but I think they are cracking down on returns these days. I bought DC a pair of shoes and then tried to return them a few days later since the velcro wouldn't stick - and I was not able to return them since I no longer had the packaging or receipt.

Nechums
12-03-2012, 06:34 PM
I just returned a poorly fitted bra that had milk stains on it (from me, was not bought like that) . No questions asked. I didn't even have the receipt with me.