PDA

View Full Version : What to get for a girl that loves babies?

kaitlyns.mom
11-28-2012, 05:39 PM
DD is turning 5 next month. She has asked for "baby stuff" for Christmas and her birthday. She has a Corolle Mon Premier Calin, a Corolle Les Classiques with hair (looks toddler-ish, does not receive much play), a stroller, a crib, a Corolle feeding set and a Corolle doctor set, a kid-size Ergo, and a diaper bag I made her with one diaper, changing pad, pretend wipes. The doctor set is not in great shape anymore so we could find a replacement. Any other suggestions? She loves playing Mommy. Maybe some more doll clothes and more diapers? She said something about lotion for babies... Or should we add another baby doll to the mix?

katydid1971
11-28-2012, 07:13 PM
This is a great set of accessories, it even includes a little potty which DD loved putting her dollies on ;) There are bottles, diapers, "lotions" etc. Worth the $11
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2307593

Karenn
11-28-2012, 08:37 PM
DD has had the accessory set linked above for years and it's gotten a lot of play. Also, a high chair might be nice. My baby loving DD got one when she was 3 or so and it still gets used a fair amount.

BabyBearsMom
11-28-2012, 08:59 PM
We have the same set and DD1 plays with it a lot. She also has a doll bath tub, same brand which gets a lot of play.

kaitlyns.mom
11-28-2012, 09:22 PM
This is a great set of accessories, it even includes a little potty which DD loved putting her dollies on ;) There are bottles, diapers, "lotions" etc. Worth the $11
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2307593

This set looks perfect - great price too! Thanks. :)

kaitlyns.mom
11-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Also, a high chair might be nice. My baby loving DD got one when she was 3 or so and it still gets used a fair amount.

We have the same set and DD1 plays with it a lot. She also has a doll bath tub, same brand which gets a lot of play.

Good suggestions - thanks! I will look for those too.

redhookmom
11-29-2012, 09:22 AM
How about a sling to carry her baby?

kaitlyns.mom
11-29-2012, 01:19 PM
How about a sling to carry her baby?

She has a baby Ergo but doesn't use it much. Her brother is past the point of being carried in a sling/Ergo; she used it a ton when we did wear him all the time. :)