PDA

View Full Version : Good Wii games for kids?

khalloc
11-29-2012, 11:56 AM
My kids are 7(DD) and almost 5(DS). They play alot with a neighbor who is almost 7(boy). What are some good games they might enjoy on the Wii??

Can be 1,2, or 3 player. We have Wii Play and Wii Sports and Just Dance 2&3.

Is Mario Kart fun for kids?

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
11-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Mario Kart is great!
Other ideas:
Any Super Mario type game
Mario Party (8, I haven't tried 9)
Wii Sports Resort
Zelda
Boom Blox

Twoboos
11-29-2012, 12:28 PM
My kids like Wii Sports Resort and Wii Party. They are getting Wii Just Dance for Christmas. (ETA: I should read complete posts before responding. You have these! Sorry!)

We are all terrible at Mario Cart and it causes a lot of frustration/tears.

khalloc
11-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Wii Sports Resort looks great, but I really dont want to have to buy 3 MotionPlus adapters for our remotes...

I think I will go with Mario Kart for DS, but what are some good games that will keep kids active? Something I can give to DD for Xmas. It doesnt have to be girly...

Will a girl like the Mario Super Smash Bros??

What about Wii Ski and Snowboard?

KDsMommy
11-29-2012, 01:26 PM
My DS loves Kirby's Epic Yarn. It's not too hard, but still challenging.

SnuggleBuggles
11-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Does your Wii support Outdoor Challenge? Older Wiis have an output for the mat, newer ones don't. It's a great game!!

khalloc
11-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Does your Wii support Outdoor Challenge? Older Wiis have an output for the mat, newer ones don't. It's a great game!!

I'm not sure. I could look at it when I get home, but its at least 5-6 years old so I imagine that it must qualify as an older one?

Does the game come with the mat??

SnuggleBuggles
11-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Yes, that should have it. It comes with a mat. We loved that game- very active!

pastrygirl
11-29-2012, 03:05 PM
My boys like Active Life Explorer, with the mat.

billysmommy
11-29-2012, 06:15 PM

We have this and the Active Life Explorer with the mat and they get lots of play!!

justlearning
11-29-2012, 07:17 PM
I agree with what others have said. My boys really like the Active Life games, which give them a great workout. (We got the Explorer on a great deal and then I bought just the Outdoor Challenge disc off ebay and used the other mat for it.)

Their favorite game has been Mario Bros. which DS2 got when he was 4 and happened to be extremely good at it (better than my older son). My boys liked doing it and completed every level of the game rather quickly. So if your sons are used to playing the Wii, they might really enjoy it. My boys have had friends over, though, who have struggled with the game and who get frustrated and want to quit. (I'm the same way when it comes to all their games).

They got Mario Kart next and really liked that too. But again, some friends got frustrated with that too. DS2 then got Kirby's Epic Yarn for his 6th birthday. Because he was a relatively experienced gamer at that point, he found it to be boring, but all of his friends who came over that were his age loved the game, so he played it with them.

We've rented Mario Sports Mix and Mario Party from the library, and my boys have enjoyed those too. They also have liked playing a variety of the Lego games at friends' houses (Indiana Jones, Star Wars).

I'd recommend finding out what games their friends have because those are the ones your boys will probably want to have. Also, it's much more fun to play with friends who are on an equal playing level as you are, so if they are able to play those games at home, they'll probably have more fun at their friends' houses.

khalloc
11-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks. sounds like the Active Life games are fun.

I have a boy and a girl. They dont play Wii at their friends houses. My boy is only 4.5 and my girl is 7. They have played XBox Kinect at a neighbors house. There they played Fruit Ninja (they dont have this for wii) and some star wars game, but I am not sure which one. I didnt want to get the exact same games since having different games would encourage them to to hang out at house house sometimes and then go to the neighbor's house to play different games.

I think I am going to go with Wii Play and Mario Kart. The Active Life games look great but I am only finding them online for alot of $$. Maybe I will hit the used game store locally and see if they have one for cheaper.