PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on the Costco Playmobil sets

jgenie
11-29-2012, 02:01 PM
that are selling for $50? I was thinking of getting them for DS1 and DS2 but I saw them again today and they didn't seem to have much to them. I think they will enjoy the larger vehicles - like the ambulance and police car - more. Thoughts?? TIA

kaitlyns.mom
11-29-2012, 02:46 PM
that are selling for $50? I was thinking of getting them for DS1 and DS2 but I saw them again today and they didn't seem to have much to them. I think they will enjoy the larger vehicles - like the ambulance and police car - more. Thoughts?? TIA

Can you tell me which sets they have? I was planning to take a look this weekend. :)

mypa
11-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Can you tell me which sets they have? I was planning to take a look this weekend. :)

Costco recently brought out 2 bigger sets for around $100: Airplane/trucks set and Wildlife set. I think the smaller sets were School Bus and something else I can't recall.

jgenie
11-29-2012, 05:44 PM
I found pictures of the two sets on this forum (http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=11682.0). One has police vehicles and the other is a school set. I just realized that both are for ages 4+ and I wanted them for DS2 who will be 3 in January. Any thoughts on whether he will be too young for them? TIA

Tenasparkl
11-29-2012, 06:52 PM
I bought the school for my 4 year old DD, but haven't given it to her yet. She had the playmobil advent calendar last year and the pieces were a little small for her at 3.

kaitlyns.mom
11-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Costco recently brought out 2 bigger sets for around $100: Airplane/trucks set and Wildlife set. I think the smaller sets were School Bus and something else I can't recall.

Wildlife would be a hit around here. I'll have to take a look. The comments on the smaller sets weren't too encouraging from that forum!

teresah00
12-01-2012, 01:38 PM
I haven't seen any playmobil at my Costco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaitlyns.mom
12-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Went today... our store had the school and the police sets.

brittone2
12-01-2012, 06:09 PM
My kids all like PM. Dd started playing with it at 18 months with DS1 (which is way early and obviously if your child still mouths things, this would not be good!) when he got a camper. She instantly was setting up the people with plates at the table, putting cups in their hands, etc. DS2 likes playing PM with DD and he's 2.5 (which most people would not recommend but my kids have liked it and played well with it from early. Well, DS1 wasn't into little guys and that type of play until he was 4+, but DD and DS2 enjoyed it from an early age).

My parents got the helicopter/police themed set for DS2. He asked for a "police motorcycle" for Christmas. It wouldn't have been my top choice of PM items, but it was easy for them to find and purchase, and my kids usually get a lot of play out of PM vehicles. I might get him a PM ambulance for Christmas.