PDA

View Full Version : Which Medela pump do you have?

wangstar
11-30-2012, 03:07 PM
of the electric pumps, which one do you have?

roseyloxs
11-30-2012, 03:25 PM
I have both a pump in style and swing. Swing is nice for travel and occasional uses. PIS is definitely more powerful and quicker but doesn't travel as easily.

lizzywednesday
11-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Pump In Style Advanced, backpack bag.

If I were to re-buy a pump, I'd go with a Medela Freestyle for the portability factor. The Freestyle is similar to the Swing, but it's a double rather than a single.

Blue Hydrangea
11-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Medela Freestyle.

I'm on my second one. The first one was used for pumping 2-3 times a day at work for DS's first year. At the end it started acting funny, would stop working in the middle of the session, and I'd have to tap it to get it started again. I called CS, and while they were nice it was outside of the warrenty period.

For DD I got a new one, no trouble so far 7 months in, and was able to re-use the valves and horns from my first pump which was nice because I have extra sets so that I don't have to wash them during the work day. I like that it's rechargeable so I can pump anywhere, even without a power outlet, and that it's small (the size of an old cassette walkman, remember those?) and can be thrown in any other bag.

wangstar
11-30-2012, 03:58 PM
From Amazon reviews, the PIP backpack is just enough for the pump and parts but has no room for anything else, the metro bag doesn't close at the top, the on-th-go bag seems to be the best of the 3.

I am contemplating on the swing for the convenience but not sure if the single pump is enough for when i return to work since i have no idea how much i'll be pumping.

psimpson3-5
11-30-2012, 04:48 PM
As I mentioned in the previous thread, I use the Pump In Style (PIS). I have the tote: http://amzn.com/B004HWXCJS

I my bag, I have room to carry 4 bottles, my pumping bra, the tubing, horns & etc. I carry the power cord in the side pocket. In the back pocket I have the cleaning wipes. I used to carry the small bag that holds milk and the ice pack inside the bag as well, but now I just carry it separately. I could make it fit if I wanted to, but it's just easier to carry it separately. Everything fits fine.

edurnemk
11-30-2012, 04:50 PM
The swing, because I only pump occasionally. I'm happy with it, but if I was pumping daily, I'd get something else.

Dream
11-30-2012, 04:57 PM
I exclusively pumped and I have the Pump in style back pack. Its a double pump. I travelled every where with it. Including a trip to disney.

kaharris83
11-30-2012, 05:12 PM
I exclusively pumped with the backpack PISA. It held everything I needed to pump. Hands free bra, Pumpin Pals, bottles, the cooler with ice packs. I switched around 8 months to the Freestyle because I got in on clearance at Target for $60. It is a great pump too. Can't go wrong with whatever style you choose.

joules
11-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Freestyle. I have pumped exclusively for 1 year and almost 10 months (1 year with DS1 and 10 months with DS2 so far). I pump at least 6 times every day. With DS1, I pumped 12x a day for 3 months straight in the beginning!!

I love that I can walk around and do things while I'm pumping. The battery life is great too. So good that I always forget I need to charge it. It's kind of expensive so if you end up not having to pump much, it's probably not worth it.

Liziz
11-30-2012, 11:33 PM
I have the PIS Tote bag. It works well and I've been happy with it. I have no problem fitting everything I need (pump parts, charger, hands free bra, a burp cloth, cleaning wipes, Medela cooler that holds the 4 bottles and ice pack), and can even cram a little more in when I need to. You mentioned you were going back to work -- if you plan to pump at work (even for a short while), I would absolutely recommend a double pump. Single pumping takes so much extra time, which is usually hard to come by at work.

abh5e8
11-30-2012, 11:42 PM
Lactina plus (its an older, hospital model).

i've had PIS and PISA and far prefer the lactina. price was better then either of the other two (found on eee bay), its much more efficient and comfortable. i can't recommend it enough, especially if you are pumping (mostly) full time/at work!

MSWR0319
12-01-2012, 09:13 AM
I have the Freestyle. I love it! It's easy to carry around and the bag can carry a ton of stuff when you take it somewhere.

lizzywednesday
12-07-2012, 03:00 PM
From Amazon reviews, the PIP backpack is just enough for the pump and parts but has no room for anything else, the metro bag doesn't close at the top, the on-th-go bag seems to be the best of the 3.

I actually brought a separate cooler bag rather than using the one that came with the pump because I'd pump more than 4oz. per session, so I had to carry 8oz. bottles. The Medela cooler only holds the 4oz Medela bottles.

Rather than the cooler, I'd pack 2 or 3 sets of pump horns, valves & connectors in separate baggies, a nursing cover, Medela brand Quick Clean Wipes, hands-free pumping bustier, chiming timer & 6 bottles of varying sizes.

It had PLENTY of room for all that stuff.

I also carried a separate purse and lunch bag.

Frankly, unless you take public transit for a significant portion of your commute to work, a bag that doesn't hold all of your stuff AND your pump/parts shouldn't be a problem.