PDA

View Full Version : Girl elf on the shelf $13.xx on B&N.com

waitingforgrace
11-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Sorry I'm in a hurry, here's the link

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-elf-on-the-shelf-aebersold-carol-v/1113795048?ean=9780984365173&fb_source=message

Choccie
11-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Thanks OP!!

Melaine
11-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Thank you! I'm trying to decide...is the book different too or just a girl elf? (which is just a boy elf with a skirt...correct?)

4birds
11-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Not sure about the book since we haven't started the Elf tradition in our home, but I do know that the girl elf does not come with the skirt - you must purchase that also. Just a heads up to anyone making the purchase. Great deal on the elf and book - thanks for posting, OP.

Melaine
11-30-2012, 10:52 PM
So I was going to choose pick up....but then it says they can't guarantee price? Am I going to get there and it will be full price? I was hoping to avoid shipping charges by picking up in store but now I'm confused.

Melaine
11-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Not sure about the book since we haven't started the Elf tradition in our home, but I do know that the girl elf does not come with the skirt - you must purchase that also. Just a heads up to anyone making the purchase. Great deal on the elf and book - thanks for posting, OP.

Thanks! Good to know there is no skirt!

ckso
11-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Thank you! I'm trying to decide...is the book different too or just a girl elf? (which is just a boy elf with a skirt...correct?)
No, the girl elf looks like a girl

Momit
11-30-2012, 11:12 PM
So I was going to choose pick up....but then it says they can't guarantee price? Am I going to get there and it will be full price? I was hoping to avoid shipping charges by picking up in store but now I'm confused.

On Slickdeals people seemed to think it would be full price if you did store pickup. And some people there thought it came with a skirt. I'm confused too, was thinking I'd get the girl and just not put on the skirt.

Momit
11-30-2012, 11:14 PM
I was going to get this with 2 other items from the buy 1 get 1 50% off but it doesn't seem to be applying that discount even though both items qualify. Grrrr...

Melaine
11-30-2012, 11:16 PM
I was going to get this with 2 other items from the buy 1 get 1 50% off but it doesn't seem to be applying that discount even though both items qualify. Grrrr...

Aaaaccck! They are going to sell out while we mess around trying to figure this out!

Choccie
11-30-2012, 11:20 PM
I just bought 2 online so I got the free shipping. Will return one or give as a gift - can't beat the price and didn't want them to sell out while I messed around trying to find a filler!

Suebell
11-30-2012, 11:35 PM
I just bought 2 online so I got the free shipping. Will return one or give as a gift - can't beat the price and didn't want them to sell our while I messed around trying to find a filler!

I have 1 son & 2 daughters so I'm debating having adding 2 more elves to our tradition. LOL. I've lost my mind.

Momit
11-30-2012, 11:35 PM
I just bought 2 online so I got the free shipping. Will return one or give as a gift - can't beat the price and didn't want them to sell our while I messed around trying to find a filler!

Good thinking! I just did the same.

firstbaby
11-30-2012, 11:39 PM
I went into the store tonight and it rang up full price. Asked if I did the in store pick up online if that would give the $13.xx price and was told no. So, I ordered one more book i needed to order plus the elf and got free shipping. Best part was that I had a gc that made my oop total around $1. Thanks OP :)

mikala
11-30-2012, 11:46 PM
Am I the only one that finds the elf peeking out over the edge of the upper right corner saying "I'm a girl." kinda creepy?

Momit
11-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Am I the only one that finds the elf peeking out over the edge of the upper right corner saying "I'm a girl." kinda creepy?

I think these are kind of creepy. I was never tempted to get one but decided to go for it for $13. Sounds like kids really like them.

Choccie
12-01-2012, 01:58 AM
I think these are kind of creepy. I was never tempted to get one but decided to go for it for $13. Sounds like kids really like them.

Lol - I agree, the whole thing is kind of creepy but someone gave us one for a gift last year and my DS was totally into it. Most nights I forget to hide it in a new place and end up scrambling to shove it in a new location on our way out the door ... but here I am ordering another one so my DD has her own to find. You girls are a total bunch of enablers!!!!!