PDA

View Full Version : Compact car stage 2 car seat?

Mystres
12-01-2012, 11:44 PM
I have a Toyota Corolla 2010
I am looking in to stage 2 car seats, and have read a lot about how people have issues with them fitting in most small cars.

Any suggestions on ones that will fit

abh5e8
12-01-2012, 11:52 PM
what do you mean by stage 2? like a convertable seat, that they can use after outgrowing a rear facing only infant seat?

combio cocorro is a small one.

KrisM
12-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Are you using an infant carrier now? Many convertible seats don't take up more room than the infant seat because they can be more upright.

fedoragirl
12-02-2012, 05:44 PM
I had a Toyota Corolla '05 and a True Fit Premier was perfect for my tall kids. There was no room in the passenger seat but there was no issue with fitting in the car itself.

Mystres
12-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Yah I have issues with my passenger seat now. It has to be pulled up all the way foe the newborn rear facing seat to fit in.

legaleagle
12-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Britax are very small front to back.

jjordan
12-02-2012, 11:26 PM
The Britax convertibles (Roundabout 55, Marathon 70, Boulevard 70, Pavilion 70CS, Advocate 70CS) are good for front-back space. I have heard several reports of them taking up less front-back space than the Combi Coccoro, and they'll last a lot longer than the Coccoro. All the Britax seats are the same size, and you can install more upright than the "level with ground" line on the side, FYI.

Although, as a pp said, most convertibles will take less front-back space than an infant seat, so you may have more options than you expect. It also helps to make sure that the front vehicle seat in front of the car seat is as far upright as it will go.

legaleagle
12-02-2012, 11:35 PM
I have heard several reports of them taking up less front-back space than the Combi Coccoro, and they'll last a lot longer than the Coccoro.

With the britax line level (37 degrees, halfway through the allowed range, suitable from probably 4 months up), it takes up maybe an inch less room than the cco (which only has the one level line and I can't get it installed well more upright anyway). If it's at max allowed upright, it takes up maybe 3 inches less. This is in my mazda5 captain's chairs, which is quite small front to back with the seats pushed all the way back.

Joolsplus2
12-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Britax, or an Evenflo (Symphony or Triumph) should work.