PDA

View Full Version : We forgot DS's soccer trophy

niccig
12-02-2012, 02:37 AM
We had DS's soccer party at a local pizza place. It was chaotic, several teams all having their party. We took separate cars there. We get home, DS and I go out again a few hours later, get home around dinner time and DS asks for his soccer trophy. We can't find it. We tear apart the house thinking it got put down somewhere. Then we think back further "who picked it up from the table and brought it home?" DH thought I had it as I always carry DS's stuff, I thought DH had it.

Oops. Call restaurant, they're not helpful on the phone. DH drives there to talk to staff, nothing. I email the team thinking slim chance as if you did pick up a kid's trophy that was left behind, you would have emailed/called sometime after the party and it's now 6 hours later.

DS is upset. DH and I are thinking what can we do to make it up to DS. Can we pay for another trophy if they have spares. Will any trophy be a good replacement. DS goes to sleep and we promise him we'll make it up somehow.

Get an email from the coach. He has it. Relieved.

I suppose it could have been worse. In our confusion, we could have forgotten who was supposed to take DS home.

MamaInMarch
12-02-2012, 08:38 AM
I'm so sorry! It sounds like it was a chaotic day! I'm so glad the coach had it - I'm sure your DS will be thrilled to have his trophy.

belovedgandp
12-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Ah, so happy he'll get it. DS1 is 8 and has never been that excited about any trophies given at those types of things, but DS2 is 5 and just had his first one with fall soccer. He was over the moon excited to go to the dinner and get his trophy.

Partly his personality and the fact that he sees DS1 with the trophy collection. Leaving it behind is easy to do and would have been a long, sad night at our house too.

crl
12-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Oh man. Such trauma. Glad you found it. (BTW, Dh's parents DID forget him once at the bowling alley. He had a bit of cash and wasn't worried at all so he bowled and ate. But he still tries to guilt his parents about it over twenty years later.)

Catherine