PDA

View Full Version : Travel budget car seats for a Toyota Camry

fedoragirl
12-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks to this board, I have decided on a Maestro for DD who will be three when we travel overseas. The car seat will be used in a Camry for a duration of 4-6 weeks--daily.
After much discussion, we are not going to take DS' car seat (True Fit Premier) with us as I will be travelling alone with the kids and DS will be a lap baby. DS will be 16 months when we travel. I definitely need a RF seat which can be used for a long time since we use the car seats once a year. I would like to keep the seat costs under $100. I was thinking of a Scenera but I couldn't RF DS for long, could I?
What other seats should I be looking at for a Cary? we definitely need the use of the front passenger seat in the Camry.
DS is 26 lbs and 33 inches tall now.

abh5e8
12-02-2012, 06:35 PM
for travel and your budget, i think the scenera is the best choice. the bigger seats will encroach a lot more on the passenger seat of the camry, when the convertible seat is RF.

eta: and it goes to 35lbs RF. dd didn't hit 35lbs until she was almost 5. ds is just now at 36lbs and turned 4 in October.

Joolsplus2
12-03-2012, 10:25 AM
There's another one... the EasyFit65 at BRU and has a different name at Target, um...<googling>...no, I'm wrong, walmart, Guide 65... http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st-Guide-65-Sport-Convertible-Car-Seat-Athens/19514414 Anyway, about 80 bucks, small like the Scenera, but has taller back and top slots, while still being extremely compact (used to be called the Avenue, but they added a headrest to it and curved off the sharp bottom edges for easier install, may still need a pool noodle or rolled towel/blanket for a good RF install). Scenera or Evenflo Tribute are decent choices, though, this one just sprang to my mind because it's a good price and, well, I just remembered it, lol.

fedoragirl
12-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Thanks so much! That looks like a great option.