PDA

View Full Version : Big black purse for cheap

williams44
12-02-2012, 11:51 PM
My daughter's school is doing an adopt a family program. I'm buying for the mom and dad.

Originally, my budget was $50, but I've already gotten the dad $35 running shoes (originally $80, using the puma 40% sale!) and I also want to get them non-stick pots. The mom had listed non-stick pots and a big black purse on her wish list. As a woman, I feel like she probably wants the purse, though the pots are more practical for her family. I hate for her to have to make that choice. So I want to get her the purse also. So I'm going to stretch my budget. It just makes me feel so bad.

Anyway, I'm looking for a big black purse (that's all the description she gives) at $50 or under including tax. I want to get her the best possible one I can. Anyone have any ideas? I'm guessing leather is out of the question?

Also, if you've seen good non-stick pots for a good price, I would appreciate that also.

Thanks.

waitingforgrace
12-02-2012, 11:55 PM
I'd look at TJMaxx for the purse. They have a good selection and very reasonably priced.

brianaw
12-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Macy's has good sales. You can get one on their clearance table with an additional percentage off and use a coupon. I've bought plenty of big black purses for under $50 (more like under $30) there.

I would also check Target and see what they currently have, sometimes they get some great ones.

cntrymoon2
12-03-2012, 02:06 AM
I second the TJ Maxx/Ross/Marshalls suggestion. I've had horrible luck with Target purses falling apart within months of getting them- just my personal experience!
And kudos to you, because I think you're exactly right that she'd probably enjoy a purse more but needs the pots.

KimMae
12-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Adding another vote for TJMaxx or Marshall's. $50 would get a very nice purse - probably not a high end brand. I think I got my Baggallini for $50. You could definitely get leather if you wanted. I applaud your effort to do this good deed and you remind me to emphasize these activities with my children especially this time of year.

Melaine
12-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Yes, TJ Maxx and Marshalls. If you are lucky you will find a nice one on clearance (black and large shouldn't be hard to find).

ang79
12-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Do you have a Ross? They have cute bags too, thought not as good of brands as TJ Maxx/Marshalls. Also, I just got an email for Ebags, EM2DAY is for 30% off and I think free shipping until tomorrow. And Ebates is 12% cashback right now for Ebags. They often have sale/clearance bags (and I'm wanting a VB bag that's on sale, they often won't combine coupons for VB stuff, but it seems to be working this time). Oh, maybe Burlington Coat Factory would have something for a good price? Or you could get faux leather at Kohls, though again, not as good of quality as if you find something at TJ Maxx. Do you have a Nordstrom Rack near you? I've heard of people getting good deals there too. Good luck!