PDA

View Full Version : What age for Lego Ninjago?

khalloc
12-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Seems like lots of boys like these sets? Whats the going age for them? The boxes look like the age range start at 8, but are kids playing with them earlier than that?

Thanks!

iaam
12-03-2012, 01:33 PM
DS (turns 5 in January) has been begging for these for a few months now. I finally checked them out and think that the smaller sets will be fine for him (age range starts at 6). So, he'll be getting a couple for Christmas... Some of the kids in his pre-school have them and seem to be doing OK with them.

hillview
12-03-2012, 02:37 PM
With legos it just seems to totally depend on the kid. DS1 is a lego master and since he was 4 he's been working sets himself. At age 5 he could easily do a <1k ninjango set -- a few of them DO fall apart so you have to read the reviews. DS2 OTOH can't even do a simple set himself and loses interest in a nanosecond.

hellokitty
12-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Age 5 is perfectly appropriate. Really, it's a dumb toy. Ds1 has made cooler tops on his own with random Lego prices. I bought them one ninjago each and don't plan to buy more. It would make a good stocking stuffer.

khalloc
12-03-2012, 03:22 PM
With legos it just seems to totally depend on the kid. DS1 is a lego master and since he was 4 he's been working sets himself. At age 5 he could easily do a <1k ninjango set -- a few of them DO fall apart so you have to read the reviews. DS2 OTOH can't even do a simple set himself and loses interest in a nanosecond.

What do you do for your DS2? I need ideas for my DS and he will be 5 in April. He's not really the type to build a set like Ninjago. He would lose interest. He's constantly on the go. Cannot sit still much. etc...he likes building, but I cant see him building to a spec. I guess I dont think he is a Lego guy after all. We only have Duplo at home but they dont get played with all that often.

hillview
12-03-2012, 04:50 PM
What do you do for your DS2? I need ideas for my DS and he will be 5 in April. He's not really the type to build a set like Ninjago. He would lose interest. He's constantly on the go. Cannot sit still much. etc...he likes building, but I cant see him building to a spec. I guess I dont think he is a Lego guy after all. We only have Duplo at home but they dont get played with all that often.

well DS2 is getting a boxing bag and gloves, a remote control motorcycle toy and baseball glove chair.