PDA

View Full Version : Giving Levana baby monitor a bad review

AJP
12-03-2012, 03:30 PM
I don't usually post bad reviews about anything, but this video monitor deserves a ZERO star rating. We purchased the LV-TW301 I April of 2011. We started using it in Aug 2012. By the time winter rolled around the parent unit wouldn't hold a charge at all of the charger. I contacted them right before ml the 1yr warranty period and after dealing with several unhelpful people on "live chat" I decided to post on their FB page (totally out of character for me). Very soon after a helpful CS rep agreed they'd send me a replacement unit if I prepaid. When they got my old one back and determined it really was failing they'd refund my prepayment of the replacement. The first replacement they sent my didnt work right out of the box so they waited for me to return and sent an other LV-TW501. It appeared to work fine. Months go by and I have to email again about my refund. They determined my original unit was faulty, but didnt send my $ back till I inquired. Now 5 months in with the new monitor its having the same problems as the original. I ordered the summer infant video monitor as a replacement and contacted Levana about sending back their monitor and getting my original purchase amount refunded. They refuse and say all they'll do is sell me a new battery and charge as much for shipping as for the battery. They told me I am out of luck as the new monitor would fall under the same warranty as the original. They clearly won't stand by their product by offering a 1 year warranty of the new one from the date of purchase. My SIL has the same monitor and is also having the same problem with her replacement. They won't offer her anything either.
Save your money folks and don't buy this. I am completely happy with my Summer Infant monitor and wish I had bought it from the beginning. I hated having to buy it weeks before Christmas, but needed a reliable monitor. I mean I was taking the charging stand OUTSIDE with me so that my older kids could play while my DS napped. Try having a babysitter and having them play these games with a monitor.