PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on Barbie toys at Target

inmypjs
12-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Right now, if you have the Shopkick app on your Smartphone, there is a 25% off any Barbie item coupon. It is a Target coupon. If you don't have Shopkick you can install it pretty quickly. You can stack that with the printable manufacturer's coupon here, for $5 off a 19.99 or higher Barbie purchase. Makes for some good deals!

http://www.barbiecruisevacation.com/#
(look for the pop up that says "Ahoy")

stillplayswithbarbies
12-03-2012, 11:41 PM
How do you get to the coupon in Shopkick?

inmypjs
12-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Go to the section with stores in your area. It's usually a small line down at the bottom of that screen. After that is open, click on Target and you should see some coupons. I believe you can view them, but once you hit "use" you only have so long to redeem it. HTH.

dukie41181
12-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Go to the section with stores in your area. It's usually a small line down at the bottom of that screen. After that is open, click on Target and you should see some coupons. I believe you can view them, but once you hit "use" you only have so long to redeem it. HTH.

It says 12 hrs to use the coupon. I'm going to wait to redeem until the morning.

stillplayswithbarbies
12-04-2012, 12:45 PM
when I tried to use both the Sidekick and printable Barbie coupon, the register only took the $5 one. I saw the $10 come off my $40 item when she scanned my phone, but when I looked at my receipt later it only had the $5 off from the printable. I went to customer service explained it and they handed me $10 cash. This probably means that my 25% Shopkick has not been used so I may go back tonight and try it again on something else.

inmypjs
12-04-2012, 01:29 PM
It might just be the way the Target receipt printed too. Their receipts with coupons taken off look really weird. I've had coupons deducted no problem at the register when the cashier scans them, but upon viewing the receipt, there is no sign of them. However when I've added up my total, they have been taken off. Also keep in mind that some Target coupons do not show up as coupons/deductions on the receipt, the price of the item is just lowered. Glad they were able to resolve it for you though.

mypa
12-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Thank you so much OP!!

4yo DD begged for the Barbie Cruise Ship for Christmas. I was totally unprepared for this as we don't have any Barbie things.

Was able to get Target ($79.99) to price-match Amazon ($59.99) but they refused to honor the $5 Barbie coupon or 25% off Shopkick, it was either the price match or coupons.

So, after purchasing it for $59.99 with the price match, I took the receipt to another Target store and they honored the $5 Barbie coupon and 25% off Barbie item from Shopkick ($14.99 cash back). PLUS, I printed out the Target Friends and Family $10 GC for over $50 purchase and they gave me the GC.

So, I basically got the Cruise Ship for $30!!

Then, I took the GC and another $5 Barbie coupon and got her a couple of dolls.

DD will be so happy!! Thanks again!

inmypjs
12-08-2012, 01:02 AM
Glad it worked for you! I get so annoyed with Target's varying enforcement of their coupon policies. I seriously have no problem with rules, just make them and have every store follow them!

Anyway, I was able to get a great deal on the Barbie 2 story vacation house today. It was 39.99 at Target. I pricematched to Amazon - $32.xx and was able to use the $5 off and 25% coupon too. Plus I had other things in my transaction that totaled $50, and I got a $10 gift card back with the Target printable coupon for a $10 g.c. with every $50 spent.

There is another $10 off $50 Barbie manufacturer's coupon out now - I don't have a direct link but a google search should turn it up. Also I believe next week Target is offering B1G1 50% off of Barbie items. But the 25% off Shopkick Target coupon expires today.

Happy shopping everyone!