PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Choose a Pedicure Color for Holiday Party

Mommy_Mea
12-04-2012, 08:01 PM
My work holiday party is Saturday, and I am wearing an orangey-red colored dress and black silk strappy shoes. My usual nail colors (berry color or I am Not Really a Waitress) don't really go with the dress, so I thought it would be fun to go with something different.

I am 36 and work in a moderately conservative field, but the younger staff tends to be very stylish. So something fun, but maybe not green toes :)

Any recommendations? Something a little glittery?

joonbug
12-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Gold? Would look nice with the orange and black and is as festive as one can get ;)

waitingforgrace
12-04-2012, 09:17 PM
How about a silvery, metallic grey/pewter
http://opi.com/
Moonraker or Lucerne-tainty Look Marvelous

Mommy_Mea
12-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Gold? Would look nice with the orange and black and is as festive as one can get ;)

My shoes have a large silver accent across the toe, should have mentioned that :) So gold might not work, but...

How about a silvery, metallic grey/pewter
http://opi.com/
Moonraker or Lucerne-tainty Look Marvelous

This might work! I kept thinking straight glittery sliver might be too much, but a pewter would be nice!

tarnator
12-05-2012, 01:17 AM
I would have said gold too, but ever since my dad said that it reminded him of smoker's finger nails I have never been able to wear it! So my vote would be for the silver/pewter too.

Would a match to the orange/red dress be just too matchy-matchy?

wendibird22
12-05-2012, 09:25 AM
I think a shimmery gunmetal gray would look nice (Nein Nein from Opi). If you wanted to do a pop of color I think a teal would be a good compliment to the orange/red w/out being too in your face. I have a teal that I wear on toes and get compliments all the time. Similar to Austin-tacious Turquoise of Opi.

Twoboos
12-05-2012, 09:28 AM
You could also do a gray with a coat of sparkle over the top! I think sparkle is great for a holiday party for a bit of bling.

arivecchi
12-05-2012, 10:44 AM
I'd do dark chocolate.

Dcclerk
12-05-2012, 03:53 PM
You could also do a gray with a coat of sparkle over the top! I think sparkle is great for a holiday party for a bit of bling.

I did that last Christmas and received so many compliments. I agree with this call. I also really like doing a beige with gold sparkles over it, but that probably won't work as well with your outfit.

anamika
12-05-2012, 05:08 PM
How do you do the sparkles? Is it just sparkly paint or 2 different polishes?

Dcclerk
12-06-2012, 10:40 AM
How do you do the sparkles? Is it just sparkly paint or 2 different polishes?

Two different polishes. The person doing your nails will know how to do it. Basically there is an underlayer and a top layer, with the bottom layer a flat color and the top the one with sparkles. If the sparkle polish is clear with just the sparkles floating in it, they always do some type of color, even if really light, underneath. I have a red sparkley paint on now, though, that was just multiple coats of the same color because its base is red with red sparkles.

Mommy_Mea
12-08-2012, 10:36 AM
So I ended up going more gold than I meant to, but I love the color. I was at Target and found this Opi color:

http://www.nicolebyopi.com/life-in-lacquer/disco-dolls

I thought it would be a little more bronze-y, but it is really pretty and kind of subtle (as much as gold can be) with a whole rainbow of sparkle colors, including silver, so it will look fine with my shoes. I highly recommend! :applause:

Thanks for all the suggestions!