PDA

View Full Version : what else?

candaceb
12-04-2012, 09:50 PM
DH's last day of work was Friday. He has a good severance package and we have health care coverage through May, so it is not a crisis yet. But, we are aware of our spending and that we need to be careful "just in case".

- Saturday my check engine light came on in my car. I know it may not be a big deal but the diagnostic alone is $120. Plus I already know I need 2 new tires which is $200.

- we have known for a while that we had mice in the attic. The attic is completely separate from the house (have to use a ladder to go through an access panel) and they were not in our living areas, so we tried to ignore them. Because we will now be putting our house on the market most likely, we decided we need to deal with it. Exterminator came out - $300 later we have bait traps set out. Things quieted down up there until last night when there was major banging and it sounded like something bigger than a mouse. Exterminator was supposed to come this afternoon but his truck broke down. If it's something other than a mouse, that's more $.

- our dishwasher has been leaking. Repair guy came today and said we need a new one - the weld is shot and we shouldn't even use it in the meantime for fear of ending up with a flood in our basement. So now we have to buy a new dishwasher for a house we probably won't be living in in 6 months. seriously?

I really wanted to buy a pile of used Thomas stuff from a friend and go to NYC for a night right before Christmas. Now I think all of that money is going to a dishwasher. ugh. ugh. ugh. I started pulling things out of my gift closet to see what is ebay-able.

Smillow
12-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Ugh!

Advance Auto or AutoZone can read the code on your check engine light for free. Also, make sure your gas cap is on tight - that can make it come on, too.

crl
12-04-2012, 10:50 PM
No fair! I am sorry. :hug:

Catherine

liz
12-05-2012, 12:21 AM
:hug: I am sorry.