PDA

View Full Version : St. Nick Gifts Ideas needed, PLEASE

BabbyO
12-05-2012, 02:18 PM
I've lost my head this year. I have NOTHING for St. Nick tonight.

My boys are 3 and 1 yo. I'd like to stay away from candy for various reasons (though a candy cane may be ok).

I need the gifts to be cheap and EASY to find...I will only have about 2 min to swing into to Michaels or TJ Maxx or ShopKO - the only places I pass on my way home.

Bonus if you can come up with a gift for DH - super easy and cheap. He's a nerdy super hero comic loving kind of guy. Also loves to cook (though I can't think of any kitchen gadgets that he needs).

TIA!

WitMom
12-05-2012, 02:29 PM
St. Nick always brings Christmas themed books and DVDs to our house. And a gift card to the favorite family restaurant. (Although in a pinch he has been known to raid the pile of stocking stuffers Santa has put away.)

AngB
12-05-2012, 02:32 PM
DS1 is getting art supplies....big crayons, maybe a paint with water coloring book, marker dobbers (kinda like the bingo markers, really good for toddlers), stickers. Mainly this is for me because it's hard keeping him out of trouble right now with a newborn!

BabbyO
12-05-2012, 02:37 PM
St. Nick always brings Christmas themed books and DVDs to our house. And a gift card to the favorite family restaurant. (Although in a pinch he has been known to raid the pile of stocking stuffers Santa has put away.)

Santa doesn't quite have a pile of stocking stuffers just yet....hence the problem! :)

DS1 is getting art supplies....big crayons, maybe a paint with water coloring book, marker dobbers (kinda like the bingo markers, really good for toddlers), stickers. Mainly this is for me because it's hard keeping him out of trouble right now with a newborn!

I may combine these two ideas for Stachio who's 3 yo. Some coloring books and art supplies.

I'm just STUMPED for my youngest 1 yo and my oldest (DH) boys! More concerned about Peanut...DH and I could get coal....

Seitvonzu
12-05-2012, 06:02 PM
we didnt' do st. nick until recently (last year maybe we started?) b/c st nick = candy in shoes. that's what my mother did when we were growing up and that's about all i can handle this time of year ;)

i DID explain to DD that st. nick leaves "a couple good things"-- so i went to our local candy shop instead of target ;) DH isn't doing chocolate, so i did have to swing by target for him to get his favorite lindt truffles. DD got a chocolate kitty (she's OBSESSED and it's adorable) and some wrapped assorted holiday chocolates. i'm getting sugar plum gummies, sour santas, and christmas gummies and DH is getting the lindt truffles (he's weird about food in shoes, even wrapped candies, so these are good as it's double wrapped!)

Momit
12-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Yikes! I completely forgot that's tonight. Thanks for the reminder!

Multimama
12-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Put scotch tape in for your 3 yo. My DS loves that stuff. :)