PDA

View Full Version : Garnet Hill Jr backpack $10.50 shipped

indigo99
12-05-2012, 05:05 PM
I know some folks got these backpacks (http://www.garnethill.com/garnet-hill-backpack-jr-/16576?defattrib=&defattribvalue=&listIndex=0)recently, but I resisted due to shipping charges. Now they've gotten even cheaper.
25% off with free shipping
code: D24MB3Y2

alexsmommy
12-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Thx. We have somehow lost DS3's jr backpack and being the last child, I did not want to invest much in a new one that size.

katydid1971
12-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Thanks!! I got DD a regular one for Kindergarten next fall for $13.50 shipped.
http://www.garnethill.com/garnet-hill-backpack/girls-clothing/best-gifts-for-kids/11527?isRecentlyViewed=true
The lunch boxes are $6 shipped btw http://www.garnethill.com/garnet-hill-lunch-pack/girls-clothing/backpack-collection/12287?isRecentlyViewed=true

jennilynn
12-05-2012, 06:23 PM
How do these compare to the Lands End my first packs? I was set to order that one with the 30% off today but now I can't decide and they are basically the same price (although the LE comes with a free Ugly Doll :) It's for my 2 year old.

ang79
12-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Considering grabbing one of these for DD1 to use for first grade next year, what size would be best? And does anyone know if the lunch boxes will fit the Easy Lunch Box containers?

viba424
12-05-2012, 09:01 PM
I got the lunchbox, mini backpack (which seems like a plenty generous size to me) and even the rolling soft sided suitcase for DD a couple of weeks ago when they had them on sale with the extra 40% promo on top. She is 3 years old and had no dedicated overnight bag so I figured I would go for it.

I got the whole set in the pony print; I keep wondering if that is complete overkill having the same print, or on the other hand is it preferred to have it the same so you can mix and match, which I am thinking is the way to go. I had originally purchased the dot print with the brown background in the suitcase and the other two pieces in the ponies print but that got on my nerves too having a non matching suitcase with a pony lunchbox, so I exchanged to have everything match. I feel like a crazy person sometimes!

I think I paid $4.90 for the lunchbox, $9 for the backpack and $25 for the rolling suitcase.

Momit
12-05-2012, 09:22 PM
I got the lunchbox, mini backpack (which seems like a plenty generous size to me) and even the rolling soft sided suitcase for DD a couple of weeks ago when they had them on sale with the extra 40% promo on top. She is 3 years old and had no dedicated overnight bag so I figured I would go for it.

I got the whole set in the pony print; I keep wondering if that is complete overkill having the same print, or on the other hand is it preferred to have it the same so you can mix and match, which I am thinking is the way to go. I had originally purchased the dot print with the brown background in the suitcase and the other two pieces in the ponies print but that got on my nerves too having a non matching suitcase with a pony lunchbox, so I exchanged to have everything match. I feel like a crazy person sometimes!

I think I paid $4.90 for the lunchbox, $9 for the backpack and $25 for the rolling suitcase.

I got a backpack, pencil case and lunchbox during that sale too - but I paid 6.95 shipping for those items plus a sleeping bag and 2 pairs of shoes. The regular backpack was $12 then plus maybe an extra dollar to account for the shipping charge. So about the same I guess. I was ready to call and ask for a price adjustment.

Minnifer
12-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Is it the rollie backpack you got? If so what do you think of it? I was *this* close to getting it in the last sale (when I got a bunch of other backpacks/lunch boxes/pencil cases) but resisted b/c I feared it would be super heavy. But I'm thinking about it again - it would be for the same use, as an overnight bag, for my 4.5 yo DD.

viba424
12-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Is it the rollie backpack you got? If so what do you think of it? I was *this* close to getting it in the last sale (when I got a bunch of other backpacks/lunch boxes/pencil cases) but resisted b/c I feared it would be super heavy. But I'm thinking about it again - it would be for the same use, as an overnight bag, for my 4.5 yo DD.

I love it.

I would definitely not call it heavy. DH thought it was a design flaw that it doesnt zip open like a proper suitcase, but rather the way a traditional backpack opens, but that doesnt bother me a bit. I actually like it that way because you are more prone to pack heavy things in the bottom and you can still get to everything pretty easily.

It has the handy two tabs per zipper, plenty of separate pockets, including side and the handy large front pocket with pockets inside that for books and other small things to keep separate from clothes, clips on the front where you can attach the lunchbox, and the backpack straps tuck completely away. I also like how the telescoping handle has three heights, for little kid, bigger kid, and adults. It collapses to about 4-5 inches thick.

ourbabygirl
12-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Sorry to hijack, but is the rolling backpack "tippy" at all? DD got a small rolling backpack from my SIL, but it tips over when it's not full (and maybe when it is full, too ;)), and it's pretty annoying to use.

TIA!

viba424
12-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Sorry to hijack, but is the rolling backpack "tippy" at all? DD got a small rolling backpack from my SIL, but it tips over when it's not full (and maybe when it is full, too ;)), and it's pretty annoying to use.

TIA!

We personally have not yet taken it out for a test drive so I dont know.

KDsMommy
12-06-2012, 01:27 PM
We have a GH backpack that DS used for pre-K and it still looks brand new! I'd love to get him a regular size pack but there are no cool boy patterns. I just don't love the blue plaid at all.

Momit
12-06-2012, 02:07 PM
We have a GH backpack that DS used for pre-K and it still looks brand new! I'd love to get him a regular size pack but there are no cool boy patterns. I just don't love the blue plaid at all.

I know! They have so many cute girl ones. I did get the blue plaid but don't love it. I was afraid maybe they were phasing out all their boy backpacks and wanted to get something.

TwinFoxes
12-07-2012, 03:20 PM
I finally pulled the trigger. I got the lunch boxes last week, and they are so cute. I will save these for Kindergarten next year. There's no way I'd find such cute backpacks for $10.50 during back to school sales.

pmama
12-07-2012, 03:24 PM

TIA!

I bought one for my four year old and one for my six year old. They used them for the first time for an overnight at Grandma's last week. I didn't notice any tipping problems.

ourbabygirl
12-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Awesome; thanks! :)
I got one for each of my kids, too- hope DD likes the fabric I picked out for her.