PDA

View Full Version : Schleich and Safari Toobs

new_mommy25
12-06-2012, 03:53 AM
The kids spend all day drooling over the Schleich catalog. DD wants a few horses and a dragon. DS wants knights. I put in a few bids on ebay, but other than that, has anyone seen sales of any sort? I've been stalking Toysrus the last few days but haven't seen anything yet.

Also, does anyone own Safari toob figures? I've never seen them in stores around here but they get fair reviews on Amazon. The price seems reasonable and they would be a good stocking stuffer, but I would hate for the kids to be disappointed. It's hard not being able to see them IRL to gauge size, etc.

brittone2
12-06-2012, 08:05 AM
The Toobs can be fun I think, but they are fairly small figures. For example, a person figure would be maybe 2 inches high, maybe a little less? I don't have any handy, just going from memory. Our craft stores (Michaels and AC Moore) both carry the Toobs I think.

mcmanutm
12-06-2012, 08:07 AM
If you have a Meijer near you you can order online and pick up in the store. They have a sale on some items.

http://www.meijer.com/catalog/search_command.cmd?keyword=Schleich

Melaine
12-06-2012, 08:25 AM
We love these. We got a bunch on the Target clearance, but alas, I think they've cleared those all out. I also get them at AC Moore or Target with coupons.

ETA: Sorry, we haven't had any toobs, but they look cute and my friend's DD has the fairies and loves them. I wish I had gotten more when I found them on sale for $4 at AC Moore. Just got a couple for gifts. They run sales pretty frequently.

Daphnecita
12-06-2012, 08:42 AM
We have a few toobs. All of which I bought at michaels with their weekly coupons for 40-50% off one regular price item. They come out to be 3.50 or 4.00 depending on the coupon. I would not be willing to pay more than that for them for the amount of play they get around here.

Eta: michaels has schleich also that are almost never on sale and you could get them for 40-50% off as well with a coupon

infocrazy
12-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Check the try Dod thread. I think there is a bogo coupon for schleich today. We love schleich. The globe are no comparison.

kristac
12-06-2012, 08:48 AM
TRU has a BOGO coupon today for Schleich and Papo
http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/120612_RRU_MSE_cpns.pdf?csm=400739811&csc=2376310&csa=399921141&csu=2378973&camp=CME:EM120612A%2520RRU%2520Member%2520Shopping %2520Event%2520Email

Otherwise we get ours at AC Moore with a 50% off coupon. The tubes are fun but like PP said- they are small. The people would be about the same size as those tiny army men (though better quality and more detail). My kids prefer the larger figures.

wellyes
12-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Don't bother with the Tubes.

I agree with the PPs, go today to TRU. Lucky timing. Get the riders that go with the horses for free, basically. And AC Moore's selection is usually better than TRUs so you can go weekly with the ads from the Sunday paper. Papo figures are interchangeable, we have tons of those, horses with riders, a king and queen, a handful of princesses and fairies.

Seitvonzu
12-06-2012, 10:56 AM
we like the toobs? recently got the powhantan indians and they are awesome-lots of pieces to set up and imagine with. i got the world landmarks to put in my stocking and the kitties for my cat loving girls.....

*shrug*

we have GOBS of schleich too. a whole corral of horses, several big cows, smaller farm animals... lots of rabbits ;) and other random animals (target clearance) also some mystical figures

ett
12-06-2012, 11:06 AM
I actually like the small size of the Toob animals. We have a small house and the large animals just take up so much more space. They compliment our playmobil and lego figures well.

new_mommy25
12-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks everyone! That is perfect timing, re the coupon. I hope I'm able to squeeze out time today to go to TRU.

Alas we have no Micheals, AC Moore or Meijer. I have seen tubes at Ross but I think they are Wild Republic and look much too small. I may take a chance and order from Amazon anyway. DS loves his army men so the small size of the tubes might be a good thing.