PDA

View Full Version : What to tell Stepmother to buy at AG store in NYC?

fivi2
12-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Stepmother is going to AG Store in NYC today. She wants to get dds something for Christmas. They don't even get their dolls until next week, and are getting a few things for Christmas already. (beds, wheelchair, pony - some knockoff).

Stepmother loves to shop. Space at my house is more of an issue than price. I suggested a matching girl/doll outfit, dad said something "better". (why?)

They are getting Caroline next week (and her bed). I did order MG and bed yesterday, but those will be held back a bit.

Any suggestions?

(I have been told the car is off limits... That is the only guidance I have been given. I don't want my girls to have the car anyway, I just thought it was funny)

KrisM
12-06-2012, 09:10 AM
DD is 6.5 and really likes active things. This summer, she used her own money for the rollerblade set (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/177081/ctc/SI). She also likes the ice skating set (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/212536/ctc/XSCOORD)and snowboard set (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/set/id/1756/ctc/XSCOORD).

fivi2
12-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. Those look like fun!

brittone2
12-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Are you getting the TRU Journey Girls wheelchair set? If not, I'd suggest cast/crutches to go with a wheelchair. DD has an AG wheelchair that MIL found at a yard sale (EUC in the box). When we bought DD's first AG doll at the store, she put her own money toward the cast and crutches. Not particularly pricey but nice if you have the wheelchair. If you got the TRU set, I think the wheelchair comes with cast and crutches, doesn't it?

fivi2
12-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Yes I got the TRUS wheelchair that comes with cast and crutches - good idea though thanks!

I sent an email suggesting (one of the following) the school desk and backpack. (They love playing school) or the sugar and spice baking set (with Santa hat - but backordered online), matching girl doll outfits or jewelry - SM 's choice, or one of the active outfits like Kris suggested.

Thanks for the suggestions!

khalloc
12-06-2012, 11:30 AM
My DD has the tent, which is fun. She could get tent, camping supplies, etc...

DD is also getting the horse stable & supplies. I didnt want to spring for the AG horse but my mom got her a Target horse instead. She claims its really nice. The horses at AG at $75 for the big ones.

katydid1971
12-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Caroline's boat!!! I totally want it :bag
or Caroline's parlor ;)

fivi2
12-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Dds would flip over the boat but I have nowhere to put it. I have the target tents in the closet (forgot about those) but that is a good idea. Apparently SM is already done so I'll tell you what she bought when I hear from my dad!

Seitvonzu
12-06-2012, 05:22 PM
the parlor is amazing :) and the boat :):):)

more outfits for caroline? i like the skating/skates set and wish i could get something like that in my size ;)

the matching caroline/girl pjs? i always wanted samanthas' nightgown as a kid but my mother didn't get into that sorta thing :)

mik8
12-06-2012, 05:26 PM
When I took my DD there recently, I bought her NYC AG exclusive items. The inventory changes periodically. When we went, they had exclusive NYC doll carrier, matching shirts for doll and your DD, etc...

cilantromapuche
12-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Why does AG torture me? I bought all my favorites off ebay because they were retired (I was too old for AG when it came out). So DD ( and myself) have 6 dolls (I have only given her 2) and then they come out with Caroline, who is adorable and has such a lovely parlor and is from our neck of the woods. Then they have the MG/ Cecile sale.
I would vote for the parlor, it has me drooling!