PDA

View Full Version : What would you buy - $200 - Pottery Barn, Restoration, Barnes & Noble

belovedgandp
12-06-2012, 09:25 AM
DH's work holiday party was this week. For the second year in a row they gave each couple $100 gift card to a high end shopping area in our city. Super nice, except I'm still carrying around the one from last year. We kept meaning to go out for nice dinner or something, but just didn't get to it in the past year.

Looking at the card this is one that is going to start dropping value after a year, so I may have already lost some of last year's card. I don't go down to this area very much, but feel like with $200 I should be able to go splurge on something special.

I know there are lots of stores - Pottery Barn, Barnes & Noble, Restoration Hardware.

I don't need any gifts for others. Not a big clothes person and not in the mood for that right now although there are lots of clothing places.

infomama
12-06-2012, 09:39 AM
I would get sheets from RH. You can use pottery barn at William Sonoma and West Elm so that opens up another door. If I were going to WS I would get a tablecloth. They are so expensive!

drako
12-06-2012, 09:40 AM
I have bath towels from both Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware. I like them both. We recently bought a shower curtain from Pottery Barn since I could not find one anywhere else that I liked. It was expensive but worth it since I love it! If you like to entertain, Pottery Barn has some nice stuff for that as well. Check out their websites to get an idea of what you may be interested in!

elbenn
12-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Pottery Barn has so many nice things. Do you need any throw pillows? They have lots of great throw pillows that are very nice quality. They also have great baskets and storage things.

lovebebes
12-06-2012, 12:40 PM
RH baby and child has incredible picture frames. I have the golden champagne colored gilt frames in all sizes from there all over and they transform the space. Also love the new bedding colors from RH baby, like the dusty lilac linen is so beautiful.
Curtains from RH baby are also my favorite, like the pink dupioni silk-stunning in person. All of these things are from Baby and Child but i buy them for our place, not kids space.

curiousgeorge
12-06-2012, 02:20 PM
So this is going to sound silly if you've already looked into this, but if it's a card that works at all of those stores, is it something like a Simon Gift Card?

Since PB and RH are competing companies, that's what made me think it was a generic GC like that.

If it is something like that, check and see if it works like a Visa or AMEX where you can use it anywhere those cards are accepted. Then you aren't tied to that particular shopping center.

Just a thought!

bostonsmama
12-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I'd probably get a new quilt for my master bedroom from PB...hoping to combine it with a sale. Their towels are great, but you'd probably only get 4 bath sheets at their prices!

If you cook, you could always get an All-Clad pan from WS or a really nice knife from Wusthof. It would be worth asking if you could order through the store items those B&M stores have online only (like the $69 promo knife).

You could also wait until after christmas and get some new decorations/ornaments when they go on sale. I got red velvet stockings from PB for $5.99 each and can get them monogrammed locally for $5 each.

mackmama
12-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Wow cool gift -- I'd hit PB probably since RH is a lot more expensive. Do you need some accessories for your home? They have a lot of great holiday stuff right now. Candles, ornaments, throws, pillows, etc.

If there is a Williams-Sonoma, they are having a great sale right now. You could get some cookie sheets or a new coffee maker or other appliance. This panini maker is great: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/cuisinart-griddler-grill-griddle-panini-press/?pkey=e|panini|26|best|0|1|24||10&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-Feature_Recipe_Rule|Top%20Wide%20Gift%20of%20the%2 0Day%20-%20copy-_-