PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have KidKraft Petite Chateau/Dreamy/Savannah?

janine
12-06-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm deciding on these but nervous about the size! Did anyone buy this and love it or regret it?

DD is 4 and wants a dollhouse...we have DD2 (age 1) who will eventually use it in a few years too hopefully.

MMMommy
12-07-2012, 10:57 AM
No experience with these ones, but the Petite Chateau is quickly disappearing from all my local Costco warehouses. The three nearest Costcos don't even have any more left. At $85 bucks, grab it now if you see it! You can always return it.

newg
12-08-2012, 11:01 PM
We got the Petite Chateau for the DDs this Christmas so I can't tell you how large it is in our house....but in Costco it looked adorable! I love the little white picket fence and that it can easily be a cute cottage for our large collection of princesses without being a true princess castle.

My neighbor has one of the really really large ones and her DD needs a step stool to reach the top level!

MMMommy
12-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Forgot to add that I really like the versatility of the Kidkraft dollhouses. Even though they are sized for fashion dolls, they actually fit dolls in the 6" to 10" range well. So mini AG dolls, mini Lalaloopsy dolls, and little stuffed animals have all resided in ours. The Kidkraft dollhouses are big enough to accommodate all types of little dolls. Which leads to longer play value over time.

janine
12-12-2012, 11:07 AM
We got the Petite Chateau for the DDs this Christmas so I can't tell you how large it is in our house....but in Costco it looked adorable! I love the little white picket fence and that it can easily be a cute cottage for our large collection of princesses without being a true princess castle.

My neighbor has one of the really really large ones and her DD needs a step stool to reach the top level!

We got it online - but wow $85 is a good price.

I'm scared about it being large now though, we don't have tons of space! Do you mean large in height or width or both? Eeek.