PDA

View Full Version : The Body Shop- really? An hour+ wait?

rin
12-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Argh!!!! I've been on hold waiting to talk with a Body Shop customer service person for . . . 1 hour 5 minutes, and counting. Placed an order during their Black Friday sale for a bunch of Christmas stuff, and yesterday received a box with someone else's order, complete with the other person's packing slip, but placed in a box addressed to me. Ok, whatever, some shipping room person clearly just slapped the wrong label on the wrong box. Tried to give them a call to get it corrected, and I'm still sitting here. Super annoying, since this is stuff that I need to get here with enough time to put it into boxes to send to family members who don't live in the area, so I don't want to just wait until they respond to my email (which, based on how fast they're being on the phones, seems like it could be a long time).

Grrrrrr. I waited less time on the phone with Amtrak during Sandy canceling train tickets. I get "high holiday volume", but c'mon people, you couldn't have predicted this?

karstmama
12-06-2012, 09:50 PM
how did it turn out?

rin
12-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Oh man, it's kind of a mess. They seem reeeeeaaaally disorganized. So I ended up waiting for about an hour & 20 minutes, finally got a woman on the line. She took my info, then said that there must've been a mix-up, and sent me a confirmation email for a replacement order for everything I'd gotten, no charge. Then she told me that I could just tape up the other box and set it on my porch, and UPS would come take it. I asked if I needed to put on a return shipping label, and she said no, that that wasn't necessary, just tape it up. I asked twice, because that seemed totally weird to me, but she kept saying that no return label was necessary. Has anyone heard of this?

Well, to complicate matters further, guess what shows up from UPS 30 minutes ago? The original order. Argh. I really don't feel like spending another 90 minutes dealing with their bizarre organizational problems, so I think I'm just going to send them an email trying to cancel the replacement and wait to see what happens.

MamaMolly
12-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Well, to complicate matters further, guess what shows up from UPS 30 minutes ago? The original order. Argh. I really don't feel like spending another 90 minutes dealing with their bizarre organizational problems, so I think I'm just going to send them an email trying to cancel the replacement and wait to see what happens.

I think in this case you are totally justified in sending the email and let what ever happens happens. You made the original call in good faith, send the email and be done with it.