PDA

View Full Version : Hexbug nano question

123LuckyMom
12-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Okay, you all have convinced me (and the low prices help). I'm getting DS the hex bug nano 3D elevation kit for Christmas. He's 4. How many hex bugs does he need? How many kits? Should I get the first hex bug hive, too? This will be his big gift from DH and me, I think, because the kid doesn't really need anything. Santa could get him some extra bugs. You tell me how many and how much or dissuade me, because he won't really love them.

hellokitty
12-06-2012, 07:43 PM
I would just get two or three hex bugs to start. My #1 advice to you is to stock up on batteries. It is ridiculous how fast they eat through them. My dh buys batteries online for cheaper than if he bought them at the store.

123LuckyMom
12-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Do you think I should get the hive and the 3D elevation kit with the 3 nanos that come with them (2 with elevation and 1 with hive, I think), or should I just get one construction element and an extra bug?

123LuckyMom
12-06-2012, 11:20 PM
I already have extra batteries in my cart :).

KrisM
12-06-2012, 11:31 PM
I think 3-4 bugs are fine to start. We have quite a few now, because they're easy gifts to give them all. DS1 got the elevation set 2 years ago and DS2 got the hive this summer. They still get played with. DS2 is getting the zipline this year