PDA

View Full Version : dry shampoo

infomama
12-06-2012, 02:23 PM
What's your favorite? I bought oscar blandi pronto dry shampoo spray and I'm taking it back. I guess I am looking for a powder because this you have to wait until it dries and I don't want to take that step.

Kindra178
12-06-2012, 03:05 PM
I have bought several different powder type brands from Whole Foods over the years and like them all equally. As with most hair products bought from Whole Foods, I am sure there is better stuff out there, but the various kinds I have tried from there are all fine.

okinawama
12-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Lush has a powder one that I've heard good things about. I'm currently using a spray one from Oh So Gorgeous and I'm happy with it. Whatever you do, don't try the Tresemme one, it's terrible!

Aishe
12-06-2012, 03:17 PM
I've tried a few and none have seemed to work any better than plain old cornstarch. All they're doing is absorbing oil, which cornstarch does quite handily. You just have to be sure to distribute it evenly through your scalp if you have dark hair. Otherwise you can end up with a Cruella De Vil look!

brittone2
12-06-2012, 03:24 PM
I've tried a few and none have seemed to work any better than plain old cornstarch. All they're doing is absorbing oil, which cornstarch does quite handily. You just have to be sure to distribute it evenly through your scalp if you have dark hair. Otherwise you can end up with a Cruella De Vil look!
I have very dark hair, and in a pinch I've used straight cocoa powder (obviously the variety that is straight cocoa, no other ingredients/sweetener). Works quite well.

lizzywednesday
12-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Lush has a powder one that I've heard good things about. I'm currently using a spray one from Oh So Gorgeous and I'm happy with it. Whatever you do, don't try the Tresemme one, it's terrible!

I agree that the Tresemme one is pretty bad - leaves a gross, sticky feel on your hair even if you use it according to the directions.

I'd try the LUSH one, but this time of year, I'm on the moisturizing shampoo kick rather than dry shampoo.

infomama
12-06-2012, 03:33 PM
I tried cocoa powder and it was a complete disaster

strawberryswing
12-06-2012, 03:33 PM
I've tried a few, and always go back to my original; Klorane. It comes out white, so may not be the best for dark hair.

brittone2
12-06-2012, 03:39 PM
I tried cocoa powder and it was a complete disaster
Oh no! Looked bad or wrong color or too messy? I've only used it twice and it worked fine for me. Wouldn't do it regularly or anything, but it worked in a pinch.

infomama
12-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Oh no! Looked bad or wrong color or too messy? I've only used it twice and it worked fine for me. Wouldn't do it regularly or anything, but it worked in a pinch.

Both. my hair is kind of a medium to dark blonde so you could see the cocoa powder. It didn't make it look clean...it actually looked worse.

brittone2
12-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Both. my hair is kind of a medium to dark blonde so you could see the cocoa powder. It didn't make it look clean...it actually looked worse.
Ah...my hair is kind of like espresso colored...very very dark brown, but not black.

anonomom
12-06-2012, 04:21 PM
I've tried the Suave version. It's awful -- it removes oil, I guess, but it makes my hair feel stiff and greasy. My hair actually ended up looking and feeling worse than if I'd just left it alone.

stinkyfeet
12-06-2012, 05:20 PM
I've been using cornstarch lately. I take a big makeup brush that I don't use anymore (big sephora bronzer brush), dip in cornstarch, swirl and tap off excess, and then sweep it trough my roots. I have dark hair, so this method works well for me bc it distributes the cornstarch evenly without seeing "white".

mommyoftwo
12-06-2012, 05:43 PM
I have super greasy hair and have tried quite a few both inexpensive and high end. By far my favorite is this (http://www.target.com/p/umberto-umberto-dry-clean-dry-shampoo/-/A-12226081) one from target. It's with their higher end salon products. It doesn't leave a sticky residue in my hair or make it really wet when I apply it. It does come out really fast when you first use it so beware of that or you could end up looking kinda white in places but overall, I'm very happy with it.

infomama
12-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks everyone. The Oscar Blandi stuff is SO bad....it smells like lemon Pledge. Yuck.