PDA

View Full Version : Where would your family go with a free plane ticket?

Mommy_Mea
12-07-2012, 09:49 AM
We have free plane tickets on Southwest expiring in April, and want to take a family vacation, just the 4 of us. We live in the Northeast, and so anything as far as Washington DC we would normally drive, so we are looking destinations further than that. DS1 and DS2 are 3.5 years and 17 months.

We would be very happy going somewhere that wouldn't require a car rental (good public transportation) to keep our other costs down. Free plane tickets aren't cheap if we spend thousands on transportation and housing :)

We would either do a very long weekend (4-5 days) or potentially a whole week, depending on the length of the flight.

Where would you go?

hillview
12-07-2012, 10:49 AM
San Diego seems like a good choice. Or DisneyLand?

Philly Mom
12-07-2012, 11:08 AM
A place where SW flies direct? I would be more focused on a direct flight.

Mommy_Mea
12-07-2012, 08:28 PM
I am not too worried about direct flights, we are used to flying SW to visit family on routes that have no direct flights.

We will add San Diego to the consideration list.

We are thinking San Francisco as well, figuring that could be a place with lots of good things to do with the kids.

Any place in Florida anyone would recommend?

Philly Mom
12-07-2012, 08:37 PM
I like palm beach but you may need a car. Ft Lauderdale would be good too. San Francisco is good and you definitely don't need cars there.