PDA

View Full Version : Sending a gift to the hospital - how does this work?

ahisma
12-07-2012, 10:34 AM
I need to send a gift to someone in the hospital (Inova Fairfax Hospital). We're in MI, so clearly it's a delivery situation.

He's an older bachelor, so I've been asked to send a Pittsburgh Steelers bear. Fine...but how? Preferably on crutches, but I'm guessing that part is impossible.

I can find them on Amazon - but I can't have Amazon deliver to a hospital patient, can I?

To complicate matters, he requested anonymity when he registered and has a very anonymous sounding name IRL. He called us and we have been able to confirm where he is, but obviously we can't get much info. He has no living family, so we really need to send something direct to the hospital.

Any ideas?

kijip
12-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Can you get one from a floral shop? Florists make balloon and gift deliveries all the time to hospitals.

pb&j
12-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Have you tried calling the hospital to ask? You might be able to send it to his room number c/o the hospital address or something like that.

ahisma
12-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks. It looks like we may be out of luck because he requested anonymity. Even with his room #, we can't have anything delivered from the gift shop. I'm trying to sort out if they would bring mail to his room.

There is NO reason for him to request anonymity. It's just how he is - always has been. Darn eccentric old men!

elephantmeg
12-08-2012, 02:54 AM
you should be able to send something to the hospital using name and room #. DD recieved packages/cards that way. A volunteer delivers them.