PDA

View Full Version : Ride Safer Travel Vest Fit Questions?

OKKiddo
12-07-2012, 11:24 AM
**Actual question in bold**

I just ordered two of the Ride Safer Vests off of Amazon and one of them arrived ahead of the other. I was all excited and put it on my older son (will be 6 in one week, 41lbs, and 43.5" tall) and then I started trying to adjust it to fit him--even though it already seemed to be a perfect fit straight out of the box. That's when I noticed that the adjusters on the back for height adjustment were at their tallest with the least amount of strap velcro'd on the back--as in no room for growth or else the two velcro pieces (male and female) won't be in contact with each other. I also put the same vest on my 4.5 year old (40lbs, and 40 3/4") and the fit was the same for height.

I bought the small size based on weight but I'm wondering if I need to go ahead and order the large? Did anyone else have trouble with the fit being small?

We are planning to use the Vests for visiting my parents in Oklahoma at Christmas time (flying from D.C. area to OK and then renting a car to drive to my parents home). Then after the trip they will be the back up plan for riding in my DH's new truck or with someone else (possibly a part time nanny). The rides in DH's truck would be fairly rare since the only family time we get is on the weekends and he hates leaving the house on weekends because he's never home during the week.