PDA

View Full Version : Best time to buy a fridge?

elektra
12-08-2012, 01:43 AM
Our fridge has been sort of falling apart since shortly after we moved in to our house a few years ago. We have had it repaired a few times. The water in the door has not worked for some time, and now the ice flap will not stay closed.
So I think we need to just get a new one- I don't want to invest any more money in the repairs.
Should we get one now? Wait till after the holidays?

kara97210
12-08-2012, 02:20 AM
We’ve found great deals on appliances over 3-day holiday weekends. We bought our washer/dryer over President’s Day and it was about 25% less than the week before. Based on this experience I would imagine there would be New Year’s Day sales on appliances and, if you can hold out that long, plan to buy then.

ciw
12-08-2012, 02:42 AM
There were some great deals on kitchen appliances over Thanksgiving weekend. We bought a stove from Home Depot for 40 percent off and I know a lot of posters here bought Samsung fridges from Sears at deep discount.

There do seem to be some decent deals around now even if they aren't quite as good as a few weeks ago. I don't know what kind of refrigerator you're looking for but this one is marked down $800 ($1699, orig. $2499) and it looks like there's a $100 rebate for it as well.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_04688733000P

Sears often puts out a code for an additional 10 percent off appliances on weekends or Sunday evenings, so that may be worth watching for as well.

JBaxter
12-08-2012, 10:04 AM
I LOVE HHGregg. I will never buy another appliance from sears EVER. I just bought one yesterday and its being delivered today. Got a decent deal but the sales guy was awesome. Was very knowledgeble w/ all types and helped me decide.

arivecchi
12-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Check out the ABT website. It's an IL appliance retailer. They have great pricing and I believe they PM.

zukeypur
12-08-2012, 12:28 PM
I have been watching the Samsung French door fridge for around a year now. It was pretty cheap on Memorial Day weekend, but the cheapest was a week before thanksgiving. It was on sale on Black Friday, and I was planning on getting it then.

mik8
12-08-2012, 12:59 PM
I don't know about best time to buy, but bring your smartphone (you probably already do, but I "keep forgetting to check" price) and do a price match/bid at the store when you do comparison shopping this holiday season.

marymoo86
12-08-2012, 01:19 PM
If you have Discover - they have Sears at 10% cashback and 5% from online retailers during the holidays. Saved an extra 225 on the Samsung deal posted earlier!

zukeypur
12-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Holy cow, that's awesome!!!! I got it cheaper than the friend who told me about it, and I'm glad you got it even cheaper!!!