PDA

View Full Version : Help! How to stop food from sticking to All Clad pan

foodiezen
12-08-2012, 02:02 AM
When the sales person sold me the all Clad pan, she said she can make crepes with it without sticking!!! Let me tell you, ALL my food sticks! Is there a trick? Would appreciate any tips! TIA --Katherine

elbenn
12-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Are you using the All Clad stainless steel pan? Are you using oil or butter? You need to use oil or butter to keep things from sticking. It's best to get the oil or butter hot before adding in the food you are cooking.

hellokitty
12-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Are you using the All Clad stainless steel pan? Are you using oil or butter? You need to use oil or butter to keep things from sticking. It's best to get the oil or butter hot before adding in the food you are cooking.

I agree with this.

chiisai
12-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Just agreeing with the posters above, if stainless. We also bought an olive oil spray (kind of like the Pam stuff), for when I want just a small bit and I'm feeling too lazy to do a wipe with olive oil.

foodiezen
12-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Thanks for your replies! Yes, I am talking about stainless steal. I guess the oil is not hot enough. If you have any other tips, please keep them coming. Have you been able to scramble eggs/fry eggs without sticking?
TIA, Katherine

Aishe
12-09-2012, 12:01 AM
Thanks for your replies! Yes, I am talking about stainless steal. I guess the oil is not hot enough. If you have any other tips, please keep them coming. Have you been able to scramble eggs/fry eggs without sticking?
TIA, Katherine

I love my SS cookware and I rarely have anything stick, but I'll admit: I've never mastered eggs in it. I use a non-teflon nonstick pan for eggs (and tofu - for some reason I can't get tofu right either). In general, though, I find it works best to get the pan hot and then add your butter or oil. Let it heat up and then add your food. If your meat sticks, let it cook a little longer. Then it should release easily.

chiisai
12-09-2012, 09:49 PM
We do eggs, and I do olive oil instead of butter. No sticking - scrambled or fried. I wait until the olive oil sizzles when I put drops of water on it.