PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired of everyone around me getting sick!

randomkid
12-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Just before Thanksgiving, my parents, DSD1 and DH were all sick. Then, DD woke up the day after Thanksgiving and couldn't breathe due to croup, so she was sick. The Saturday after Thanksgiving, DH wakes up with a fever and chills after being sick for a week. I tell him to go to the walk-in clinic because he is likely getting sinusitis or bronchitis. He says he doesn't need to go and proceeds to sleep in the recliner for about 2 hours. When he woke up, he's whiny and asks me to make an appt for him at the clinic. Really? When I'm sick, I make my own appointments, but I do it. He gets there and there is a 2 hour wait despite having an appt, so he leaves because he says he is feeling better! Of course, because you just slept all morning, but you are still sick! Anyway, he comes home and starts feeling worse again that night. FINALLY, on Monday, he leaves work at lunch and goes to the clinic. Diagnosis? Sinusitis! He's on antibiotics for 10 days and I tell him to take probiotics, but he doesn't. At this point, I thought I had escaped it, but ended up getting sick with bronchitis a few days later and just finished my antibiotics.

Fast forward to today: Last night, DH goes to Epcot for a Christmas party for the managers at work. Tells me he didn't drink, but they had dinner at Norway. He gets up this morning with a throbbing headache and tells me he "got up twice to go to the bathroom" during the night. Now, I'm hoping it's just something he ate since it was only twice, but he doesn't feel good and guess where he is? In bed, sleeping again. I can't help but wonder if had taken the probiotics if this wouldn't have happened. DD wakes up this am at 6:30 with her nose so congested she can't breathe! Her little face is puffy and she looks miserable. What were we supposed to do today? Put up our Christmas tree and take pictures for our Christmas card. I was going to be so productive and get those cards out before the last minute this year. The weather is crappy, so outdoor photos would not have worked out anyway and DD looks terrible today.

To top it off, I gave DD a piece of bread with peanut butter on it, but set it down for a minute when she called me for something. I had put a medicine cup with purple, yes purple, Sudafed in it on her plate. I come back to find the dog eating the piece of bread and the medicine all over the floor...on the light colored carpet! In my haste to clean it up so it doesn't stain, I grab the laundry stain pre-treater instead of carpet cleaner and spray it all over the floor. Hopefully, it works! My fault for putting it down where the dog could get it, but he has never stolen food before. However, I am relieved that he didn't drink the Sudafed.

I'm over it! I have to work tomorrow, so now our tree won't be up, no pictures for Christmas cards and extra work for me cleaning the carpet. And, DD crying because her Elf on the Shelf won't come until the tree is up and decorated. This was my way of delaying the Elf because I don't like it, but she asks for him. We promised her the tree would go up today and now she is upset because that stupid Elf won't be coming! :banghead: So, our little fun day of putting up the tree, taking pictures, getting ready for Chip (the Elf) has turned into DD laying in bed watching TV, DH sleeping and me still in my PJs at almost 11am, staring at this computer! :31:

elephantmeg
12-08-2012, 02:45 PM
oh no! Sending hugs, hugs and hugs. I hope everyone feels better soon!!!!!!!!

crl
12-08-2012, 07:40 PM
I know how you feel. Hope everyone is well soon!

Catherine