PDA

View Full Version : What are YOU asking for this year?

glbb35
12-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Better than the kids, what are you going to ask for this year?

I have to give a generic list out to my parents, IL's, and SIL, BIL x2. I don't have a clue. For SIL and BIL's we have a $50 limit. Sometimes you get the things you ask for and sometimes they go off not their own. I am clueless. IT is a toss up. I hate to put something on the lust that my SIL and BIL won't get and then not ask my SIS as well on the off chance that they do get it and I end up with 2.

Call me clueless but I just don't' know what to put down. I need socks. Boring!!

I am curious, what are you asking for?????????

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09, 11

infomama
12-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Athleta GCs. I bought my own gift since i saw it at an outlet and had been pining for it for months...a Fossil Maddox Satchel in Heritage Blue. I'm happy! I'm hard to shop for.

DietCokeLover
12-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Shark Navigator Vacuum

DH has made me promise to tell everyone this is what I WANTED and not what he picked out for me.

belovedgandp
12-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Completely boring, but nice, new paring knife is my biggest request. Maybe a couple other utility type knives for the kitchen.

A remote for my camera.

Vera Bradley wristlet.

ourbabygirl
12-08-2012, 03:20 PM
I bought myself a cute red Kate Spade wallet from DH during a Cyber Monday sale. :loveeyes:
I'd also like a set of speakers to stick my iPhone into to play music in the bathroom while I'm getting ready. I have an old AM/FM clock radio, but it doesn't get good reception in the bathroom.
A couple of pretty serving spoons would be nice, too, as the *big* ones we have are very industrial looking. I didn't ask anyone for those, though, 'cuz i could get a better deal at TJMaxx or something.

Mostly I'd like to be able to move closer to my parents in the next year or two. But of course that's not something you can put on a list. :)

KDsMommy
12-08-2012, 03:31 PM
A Keurig and a Brighton ID badge holder

SASM
12-08-2012, 03:32 PM
I usually only receive a gift from DH, who is generally clueless. Doesn't clue into my requests. I would love an iPad Mini for textbook use but want to wait until the next version comes out. He bought me a much-needed laptop (MacBook) for college use so I feel kind of ridiculous hinting towards extravagant gifts after spending an obscene amount on my laptop just a few short months ago. Although in the way of tablets, again, considering the Nexus 7 but really like the slightly larger screen on the iPad Mini. DH has an iPad and it is just too big to my taste, even though the books would be easier to read. ;)

I would LOVE jewelery but DH usually doesn't "do" romantic, although he DID surprise me one year with a beautiful, yet too small, Tiffany's bracelet and pearls another year. Ohhh, the perks of living in a large metro area back then. ;)

If my mom sends me something it is usually a Target or Sbux gc...definitely appreciated.

ETA: I would LOVE a new camera as the Canon that I have is horrible. I would love a digital SLR-type that could take photos without flash for swim meets. All of my "wants" are biggies, as I have no problem buying the occasional small item for myself when its necessary.

joonbug
12-08-2012, 03:51 PM
No gifts for us, adults from other family members, so only DH here - and I am getting a pair of Sorel snow boots ;). My mom wants to buy us gifts and I always fight with her every year not to. We don't do gifts for adult family members (apart from each other) because we don't see them on Christmas or on a regular basis even! It would be different if we spent holidays together, I think... We send photo books with DD and pictures and that's it, we usually get some gifts for DD and a couple of ornaments from close family.

jgenie
12-08-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm hoping for a Burberry quilted jacket. I asked my MIL for a sweater I saw in the JCP catalog. My Mom found some long sleeve Polo tshirt at Marshall's that I loved so she went back to get other colors for Xmas.

Melaine
12-08-2012, 05:32 PM
I gave DH a few ideas: bare escentuals lipgloss or mascara, knock-off TOMS, Kindle. He will be wrapping a few things I ordered for myself: JJB Be Quick, Blowfish flats (my favorites), latest Twilight movie and Confessions of a Shopaholic on dvd, Dance Central 3 for Kinect.

wendibird22
12-08-2012, 08:34 PM
My parents gave me money towards an iPad. DH is getting me an expedit. We finally reclaimed our living room back from the kids and have space now to display grown up books and some precious knick knacks that have been in a box since moving in this house 7yr ago. DH is actually on his way back from Canada...yes Canada with it. Is supposed to be a surprise ( he told me he was going hunting) but I kinda of figured him out. The closest ikea is 2.5 hr away in Canada. What a trooper he is. Of course I'm dying to tell him I know because I want to assemble it before we have company over next weekend for Dd2s birthday.

DrSally
12-08-2012, 09:36 PM
I would love:

Gold Michael Kors Runway watch
A nice purse-- in the $200 range
New perfume
Ipod speaker for the bathroom
Anthro GC
Jewelry-- a delicate real gold necklace oR some Stella and dot stuff

This is all just wishing, b/ c I won't get any of it unless I buy it myself

plusbellelavie
12-08-2012, 10:00 PM
DH gave me my Christmas present early...a FitBit which I love....to help me stay on track this holiday season!

I am hoping to get new furniture (sofa really) for our living room after 10 plus years, 3 kids, 2 International moves and numerous guest it just needs to go!! DH thinks we should wait another year or two unti our youngest is 5 or 6 years old....I don't think I can wait!

I would love a swim pass/membership to our local University's pool...maybe something I am going to just get for myself!

a long weekend with DH w/out kids would be awesome but never happening due to no family in town and his ridiculous travel schedule for work

And although it is not good for my "diet" I would love some orangettes from La Masion du Chocolat....sometimes BIL will send me some when he doesn't know what else to get me...They are so delicous although I have even better ones in France from a small store that unfortunately doesn't deliver.

http://www.lamaisonduchocolat.us/us/en/product/Orangettes-Sachet

crl
12-08-2012, 10:07 PM
My mom is the only one who asks so I don't have to worry about who to give what items as suggestions. I always give a long list and mom usually picks one or two things off of it and also sometimes goes off list to get me an additional thing or two.

I asked for new solid color t-shirts, and suggested Gap.

I asked for this vest in olive: http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=60494&vid=1&pid=265324012

I asked for baking cooling racks (mine disappeared in a move a few years ago and I still haven't replaced them).

I also asked for Amazon (books!) or Athleta (clothes!) gift cards.

And I asked for a pair of shoes and suggested we could go shopping for them together while we are visiting. She bought me a pair of sandals that way for my birthday once and it was great because we got to have fun shopping together and I got a pair of sandals I really liked.

Catherine

willow33
12-08-2012, 10:12 PM
I asked for:

Small flat screen TV and mirrors for my workout area (to be wall mounted)
Coach Poppy perfume
Lululemon gift card

MamaMolly
12-09-2012, 08:28 AM
For the first time in 15 years I wrote out a list, which means I won't be getting jewelry this year ;)

What I want is silly and practical:
chip clips, a ton of NICE ones like OXO or something because the plastic clothes pins I've been using fall apart if you look at them twice.

cooling racks for baking with a grid, not just stripe pattern. I have 3 of the stripe kind and they were cheap dollar store things. I really want some sturdy, big grid ones like I see Alton Brown using! But I wouldn't buy them for myself because the ones I have are serviceable...you know how that goes!

Wall calendar set and note pads. I love getting pretty paper!

and my one big splurge is a GC to our local massage/spa place.

jam224
12-09-2012, 09:16 AM
What I want is silly and practical:
chip clips, a ton of NICE ones like OXO or something because the plastic clothes pins I've been using fall apart if you look at them twice.

I found a small container full of the OXO chip clips (http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10003168&N) at TJ Maxx a few months ago and LOVE them! I stick them on the side of my refrigerator (out of view), so they're super easy to grab and use. Highly recommend! :)

daniele_ut
12-09-2012, 11:24 AM
We went to Disneyland for Thanksgiving week so this will be a small Christmas. Also, DH bought me an iPad as an early birthday present so I don't feel like I need much!

I did ask for a Beater Blade for my stand mixer. For anyone else asking, I would like new cooling racks for the same reason as a PP, mine got lost in a move. I'd also like a new Crock Pot that is programmable.

kboyle
12-13-2012, 08:37 PM
i got myself the Lululemon Don't Hurry Be Happy Pullover (http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-tops/Dont-Hurry-Be-Happy-Pullover?cc=4006&skuId=3479338&catId=women-tops) in polar cream last night. Not sure if i can wait for xmas, lol. technically it's from my parents

dh is getting me a new set of golf clubs, we are going to get me sized at a pro shop tomorrow. i've been playing with a standard women's set for 5 years now and i think he thinks new clubs will make me better haha. i'm only 4'11" and my set is definitely sized for avg women. he's looking at a set of Callaway Juniors Girls clubs, but we aren't sure they'll work. thus getting sized tomorrow.

i really couldn't come up with anything this year. last yr i wanted a massage from the spa down the road and he got me two and i still need to cash in the other one soon as it exp at the end of the year. they are so pricey and luxurious, and i love going there, but i don't make the time for myself. i stay home and all the kids are at school so alone time isn't something that i really needed this year.

MichelleRC
12-14-2012, 08:05 AM
I do my own gift buying (and have for at least 10 years). This year, I am getting an iPad mini, a new wallet from the Kate Spade sale and the Les Mis 25th anniversary concert on DVD. Thanks DH!

maestramommy
12-14-2012, 08:15 AM
I have an Amazon wish list that I FINALLY added a couple of items to. A box set of Heroes of Olympus, as well as the introvert book Egoldber referenced a few days ago. Yes, I am THAT boring:tongue5: I did mention to Dh that a large cast iron skillet would be nice. A lot of times he ends up giving me some nice chocolate.

TwinFoxes
12-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Breville Smart Oven. Also, I sent DH links to the Boden sale, and there are two big bags o' Boden in DH's office closet. It's TORTURE!