PDA

View Full Version : PSA- If you let your 6-9 year old play at the toddler area at the mall...

kep
12-08-2012, 03:57 PM
They probably shouldn't be running through the play area and leaping off the top of the toys. My one year old really isn't thrilled about being jumped on, run over, and clobbered. Your kid is like 3 feet above the height limit. Thanks. :rolleyes:

amldaley
12-08-2012, 04:11 PM
The probably shouldn't be running through the play area and leaping off the top of the toys. My one year old really isn't thrilled about being jumped on, run over, and clobbered. Your kid is like 3 feet above the height limit. Thanks. :rolleyes:

:yeahthat:

Melaine
12-08-2012, 04:12 PM
It is so irritating to me when I see big kids playing in there, while my girls had to quit at age five because they are really tall and we follow the rules.

AngB
12-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Ugh, huge pet peeve of mine!

Our McD's has a separate toddler play climber (which says for kids 3 and under) and then a huge big kid area/climbers/tubes/etc. I have been known to tell kids around 8 and 9 to go play on the big kid stuff.It's one thing if they are playing nicely, like with a younger sibling or something, but oh no, these kids had no young sibling in the area and were cutting in line climbing OVER DS to go down the slide (a toddler slide)...I hate winter.

TwinFoxes
12-08-2012, 05:18 PM
They probably shouldn't be running through the play area and leaping off the top of the toys. My one year old really isn't thrilled about being jumped on, run over, and clobbered. Your kid is like 3 feet above the height limit. Thanks. :rolleyes:

:bighand:

And you also shouldn't leave them there unattended while you're goodness knows where.

ellies mom
12-08-2012, 05:30 PM
And if your child is standing on the chest of another child to climb on something, I fully expect you to get up and get your child not just call out to her from across the play area. Get up! Because I will touch your child in that situation (the child was probably older 3, maybe 4) even if she isn't standing on my child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
12-08-2012, 05:36 PM
I let ds1 play with his brother if it isn't crowded. No running, jumping and let little kids have dibs on everything.

jjordan
12-08-2012, 05:57 PM
If I see big kids playing in an area specifically designated for little ones, and if the big kids are being at all rough, then I do not hesitate to speak to them. I don't care if their parents think I'm interfering, because obviously the parents are not doing their jobs if their bigger kids are behaving like that!

♥ms.pacman♥
12-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Sing it, sister! It's not as big of an issue for us now that DS is almost 3 and DD is nearing 2, and both are fairly tall and can walk/climb well. But last year, with a 2yo and a nearly-1yo crawler it was INFURIATING how many times we had to leave the toddler play areas after just a couple minutes bc there would be big kids literally jumping OVER them.

Holiday season tends to be the worst bc people want to shop and they drop the big kids off there. The crazy thing is limit at ours is 42", yet it is CLEARLY ignored.

Now that the kiddos are a tad older I ironically have better luck at playplaces/playgrounds designed for all ages....those marked 2-12 or whatever. the kind that have stairs, slide like a "regular" playground. Because the toddler play areas has a ton of short little ladybugs, toad stools that the big kids just use as stepping (or more like jumping) stones, which is just a recipe for little kids to get trampled on.

AshleyAnn
12-08-2012, 06:23 PM
If I see big kids playing in an area specifically designated for little ones, and if the big kids are being at all rough, then I do not hesitate to speak to them. I don't care if their parents think I'm interfering, because obviously the parents are not doing their jobs if their bigger kids are behaving like that!

:applause:

I have no problem speaking to a badly behaved child if they is clearly out of control and the parents are not acting. If the parents have a problem they are welcome to come speak to me about it, I have not problem letting them know they are the problem and thier kid is a brat.

hellokitty
12-08-2012, 07:21 PM
I hate that too. Now that my older two are old enough to be the obnoxious ones mentioned, we pretty much just don't go to those play areas. So, poor DS3 misses out (he's 3). However, yeah, if there is a ht/age limit, there is a reason for that rule!