PDA

View Full Version : What to do? Do not want Amazon items already shipped

infocrazy
12-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Long story short, I don't want something DH ordered (see BP). It isn't even really in transit yet, but it is already shipped. I looked into my amazon options and it will cost $7 to ship back a return. If I can possibly refuse it (which will be difficult since I WOTH) will I need to pay return shipping?

I have many boxes enroute and I can only imagine that the wrong box will be refused. Can I contact UPS and refuse in transit?

KrisM
12-08-2012, 05:57 PM
You can refuse it by taking it back to a UPS store, or other place that takes UPS. Compare the tracking numbers before you open any boxes. You won't pay return shipping.

I have no idea about changing in transit.

citymama
12-08-2012, 05:59 PM
I've refused delivery before without any charges.

infocrazy
12-08-2012, 06:06 PM
You can refuse it by taking it back to a UPS store, or other place that takes UPS. Compare the tracking numbers before you open any boxes. You won't pay return shipping.

I have no idea about changing in transit.

So you can just take it to the UPS store and tell them you refuse it? I thought you'd have to pay. Good deal. Always makes me nervous though until I see the credit.

KrisM
12-08-2012, 07:06 PM
So you can just take it to the UPS store and tell them you refuse it? I thought you'd have to pay. Good deal. Always makes me nervous though until I see the credit.

I did it 2 weeks ago with something from TRU. I misread the online sale and assumed it was the same in the store. Nope. It was significantly cheaper in store, so I bought it there and took the TRU box to the UPS store and they marked it for me and I got credit about 6 days later. I also got an email from TRU saying they received it.