PDA

View Full Version : What's with shoppers tonight?

Liziz
12-08-2012, 08:03 PM
I just got back from the grocery store w/ DD, and had three separate instances of crazy people. Luckily I'm super relaxed about this type of thing and none of them upset me, but I'm still shaking my head at what people think is okay....

1. A woman comments on DD's red hair. Says how sweet it is, and asks if my DH has red hair (since I obviously don't). I reply no, then hear a voice behind me (someone not involved in the conversation) say "well you know who does? The mailman! Oh yeah, the mailman definitely has red hair!" Seriously? Maybe a friend can joke like that, but random person in the store? Rude.

2. Woman walks up to me and DD (I'm wearing her), and says "oh my goodness, so sweet, but why aren't you wearing socks?" She then grabs DD's foot w/o asking if she can touch her, squeezes it, and says "oh my you poor thing, your foot is frozen!" and walks off shaking her head. Ok lady -- #1, don't touch my kid. #2, it's 80 degrees outside today, and #3, you're crazy, b/c her feet are completely warm right now.

3. I walk out of the store w/ my very full shopping cart. Before I've even loaded the first bag, a car pulls up and stops w/ their blinker, waiting for my spot. Now, I got a good spot today. But there are two open spots literally *4* spots down!!! So she sits there and watches me unload my bags one at a time (hard to do more while wearing DD)....then when I go to return my cart to the corrale (b/c I'm not leaving it sitting out just 'cause someone is waiting) she gives me the rudest most annoyed expression ever -- she's obviously annoyed it's taking so long. And she still has to wait for me to take DD off and get her strapped into the car seat. Seriously? When there's a spot only 4 spots further down?

Most exciting trip I've had to the store in awhile!

queenmama
12-08-2012, 08:53 PM
This is why I never shop on the weekends, particularly this time of year. The crazies are out in full force!

Lara

MamaMolly
12-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Lizi, next time sit in the car and breast feed after stowing groceries and the cart. ;)

That lady was wacko and if she wants to wait for your space so bad then that is her choice. Try not to let them bug you too much!

TwinFoxes
12-09-2012, 08:41 AM
Wow, you must have had your I :heartbeat: freaks shirt on and didn't realize it!

One of the funniest BPs I read was someone who had their DD with her. She loaded her groceries, and the jerk waiting honked at her to hurry up. She put her DD back into the cart and went back into the store. :bighand:

AJP
12-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Wow, you must have had your I :heartbeat: freaks shirt on and didn't realize it!

One of the funniest BPs I read was someone who had their DD with her. She loaded her groceries, and the jerk waiting honked at her to hurry up. She put her DD back into the cart and went back into the store. :bighand:

That's great! Maybe she would have preferred you leave the cart right in front of her car! Lol I can not undrstand people in the parking lot! Nevermind the crazies that feel the need to have verbal diahreah when it comes to other people's children!

hellokitty
12-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Ugh, I hate shopping at this time of yr. Hopefully, you've gotten more than your fair share of weirdos for the season. When ppl put their blinker on that and just sit and wait (while seeing that I have THREE kids), I actually go into slow mo, b/c I can't stand that they've hover like that, esp when there are parking spots a few cars down. That's just pure laziness.

brittone2
12-09-2012, 04:04 PM
When ppl put their blinker on that and just sit and wait (while seeing that I have THREE kids), I actually go into slow mo, b/c I can't stand that they've hover like that, esp when there are parking spots a few cars down. That's just pure laziness.
:yeahthat:

I never hover, and I don't like having someone hover over me! I remember the times with a newborn where I wanted to BF, change a diaper, etc. before departing. I really didn't need someone hovering! I just did what I wanted/had to do anyway, but it is soooo freaking rude!

eta: I hate parking lots this time of the year. My dad always had to take defensive driving courses, etc. for work each year. When I got my license, every time I'd head somewhere like a mall, shopping center, etc. this time of the year my dad would warn me that people are preoccupied this time of the year. DH and I still joke about it because my dad said it every time I left the house in December..."People don't have their heads screwed on right this time of the year." So true though! That was before they had cell phones, etc. to provide additional distraction!

Liziz
12-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Lizi, next time sit in the car and breast feed after stowing groceries and the cart. ;)

This is awesome! I only wish I'd thought of it -- I definitely would have done it!