PDA

View Full Version : Where did you get your iPad and what do I need out of the box

Jen841
12-09-2012, 08:31 AM
I have held out for a 'deal' but nothing great to date, and have not done all my homework I confess.

Where did you get yours? What do you need ASAP? Want to have fun with it on Christmas day.

Thanks.

egoldber
12-09-2012, 08:33 AM
The only things I felt compelled to get right away were a cover for the front and back.

ETA: I bought mine as a refurb from Apple, but that can take several weeks.

TwinFoxes
12-09-2012, 08:34 AM
We bought ours from Apple. You don't need anything other than what's in the box You'll probably want a case. Enjoy!

georgiegirl
12-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Target, because I have a red card and got 5% off.

larig
12-09-2012, 09:34 AM
We bought ours from Apple. You don't need anything other than what's in the box You'll probably want a case. Enjoy!

:yeahthat: And you might want to think about applecare+ (covers against drops, etc).

Jupiter
12-09-2012, 02:09 PM
I went to the apple store, I recommend a cover. I got the Smart Cover and a cheap back and haven't had a problem. AppleCare is definately worth it if you asked me.

BDKmom
12-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Got mine at Best Buy on their Black Friday deal. You won't need anything right away. Maybe start researching cases and what apps you want to download.

wendibird22
12-09-2012, 02:46 PM
I got a refurbed 3 from Apple and this cover: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Q0M4E4/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00

It does add more bulk than just a smartcover but I feel better having the front and back both protected and I like the adjustability of it for a stand and for using it both landscape and profile.

I haven't purchased anything else for it.

crl
12-09-2012, 02:48 PM
We just go to the Apple store. They actually have a record of all the apple stuff we have bought from the stores and have kindly replaced a few things for us along the way when they were not obligated to--once they told dh that when he brings something back in they look up the purchase and see how much other stuff we have bought and that's why they replaced something for him for free. So there is some merit to just always buying there. But it's certainly no guarantee or anything.

All I have ever needed for my iPad is a case and extra charging cords. But I don't share my tech with my kids unless under severe duress. When we bought ds an iPad we did buy the protection plan as well as a very sturdy case.

Catherine

chozen
12-09-2012, 03:17 PM
I got a refurbed 3 from Apple and this cover: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Q0M4E4/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00

It does add more bulk than just a smartcover but I feel better having the front and back both protected and I like the adjustability of it for a stand and for using it both landscape and profile.

I haven't purchased anything else for it.

when this case is open does it have a screen protector?

wendibird22
12-09-2012, 04:55 PM
No. I didn't do a screen protector. It's my iPad and I'm the only user so I didn't feel the need for one. When I'm not using it the cover is always closed.

mackmama
12-09-2012, 07:11 PM
We bought it from Apple. We wanted a case asap so it was safe for DC to play with too. Other than that, the only things we bought were apps which you do straight from the iPad (I made a list of apps before we bought it so I could download them right away).