PDA

View Full Version : What gift are you most looking forward to giving?

TwinFoxes
12-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Any gifts you know will be a hit? DH will love the chainsaw Santa is bringing. The "kids"(DH and me, SILs and BILs) are getting grandma a Breville Smart Oven (my idea, she said she wished she had a small oven, thanks BBB for introducing me to these!) Funny, I think DDs big hit gift will come from grandma not us.

So, what are you looking forward to giving? :)

cmo
12-09-2012, 03:05 PM
My favorite gift to give each year is the proceeds of a $$ collection at DC's school. It is for all the non-classroom staff: art, music, PE, library, cafeteria, front office, etc. Teachers get lots of love in December, but sometimes folks like this are overlooked, so they are surprised and appreciative when they get their card & cash!

♥ms.pacman♥
12-09-2012, 03:11 PM
I am looking forward to giving DD an SBS doll stroller for her Bitty Twins. She loves to push doll strollers at other people's houses. I am sure she will love it. Though she may love the American Girl bitty twins wagon more (coming from Grandma) :)

I a looking forward to giving DS the M&D alphabet stamp set. and i think he will have a blast with those. Though he will probably love the Trackmaster Blue Mountain Quarry set (also coming from Grandma) more.

sweet_pea
12-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Wooden cash register for DD. She plays "store" almost every day and I know she will be thrilled to get this!

brittone2
12-09-2012, 05:08 PM
DD's AG doll (Kit). She got a JLY doll from AG last year for her 5th bday and plays with her regularly. In the last year, as part of our HSing co-op, we've been working our way through the AG historical books, and DD loves them. SHe's been consistent for the last year in asking for Kit (was torn for a while between Kit and Josephina, but has been asking for her for a long time). DD seems to request something and stick with it for a long time, so that helps with shopping for her.

I know she's going to be so happy!

SnuggleBuggles
12-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Dh is going to be super surprised by the Lego VW camper.
Ds2 will love his new cash register, I hope!

tmahanes
12-09-2012, 05:26 PM
DH is going to get drums and will be through the roof excited because he does not think he is getting them and he wants then so bad!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

sariana
12-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Just this morning I bought a new black leather jacket for DH, which I think he will love, mostly because he'll be shocked I remembered to get it. But what he really wants is for our home project to be finished.

I'm HOPING DS likes the surprise bike Santa is bringing. DD needs a bike but already is too big for a 16". If she gets a 20", hers will be bigger than DS's. So Santa is bringing a 24" 21-speed bike for DS that will be a total surprise.

But the gift that will go over best, I think, is the Webkinz Whimsy Dragon I found on Amazon. DD lost hers ages ago and recently decided to ask Santa for a new one. Well, it's discontinued, so I have been telling her it was a special gift from my friend (it was) and that Santa couldn't get it. But I found one! I paid way too much for it, but I think DD will be ecstatic.

MMMommy
12-09-2012, 06:21 PM
AG Mckenna for DD1 and AG Emily for DD2. DD1 knows Mckenna is sold out and no longer available, so she think she missed out on it. That will be a happy surprise for her when she finds out she got it for Xmas.

glbb35
12-09-2012, 06:21 PM
I took my sister son (she never takes pictures of this child) along with my son and had professional pictures of them done. They turned out awesome and DS#5 got some great ones and her son, my nephew finally has some professional pictures that are terrific. We had them made into a book and I am framing the others. It is an expensive present and took a lot of time but I am so excited to see their faces when they open their presents. I will also go and hang them for her as she is expecting another baby any day and the last thing on her mind will be hanging them up.

I can't wait to see her face. I bet you right now, she is going to cry!

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09, 11

crl
12-09-2012, 06:23 PM
My parents are giving magnatiles and I think the kids will like those. dd is getting some bear house slippers from llbean and I think she will be excited about those.

Mostly I think dd will be super excited about all of my mom's Christmas decorations. every tree we see this year is "soooo sparkly."

Catherine

mik8
12-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Dh is going to be super surprised by the Lego VW camper.

Snugglebuggles, this is a nice piece of Lego. We have one.

mackmama
12-09-2012, 07:09 PM
The yearly photo album I make for grandparents of DC

ellies mom
12-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Well, the girls are getting AG dolls and their favorite, most "ohhhed" over outfits. So I expect that to be a big hit and I've been waiting for years to get my daughters AG dolls. I'm not sure who will be more excited. I've been sewing little clothes and I can't wait for Christmas to give it all to them.

But, I also got my husband an Absinthe water carafe. He has been wanting one for ages. I ended up having to order it from Germany. And finally, I got him a really fun but honestly kind of tacky Dr. Who TARDIS bathrobe. I can't wait for him to open it. I'm not 100% sure if he will love it because it is so big and blue (but very cozy).

SnuggleBuggles
12-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Today I bought this calendar for a gift exchange among friends:
Hot Guys and Baby Animals http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/2013-hot-guys-and-baby-animals-wall-calendar-audrey-khuner/1108308222?ean=9781402272332

I'm hoping people like it as much as I do. ;)

redhookmom
12-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Annual photo book to my family.

SnuggleBuggles
12-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Snugglebuggles, this is a nice piece of Lego. We have one.
Excellent! I was tempted last year. This year I saw interior pics of it and knew I needed it. :)

Binkandabee
12-11-2012, 03:14 PM
I was pretty excited to give the two angels we adopted off the angel tree everything they put on their wishlist! Probably most excited about the boy...because he asked for a Thomas the Train set and I found a very nice, large set at Marshall's that I just know he's going to love.

boolady
12-11-2012, 03:24 PM
DD's AG and accessories. She is going to go berserk. She has been playing with a knockoff and with my Samantha doll and treating them so well and is into the books and I don't think she thinks she's getting one. Can't wait!

KLD313
12-11-2012, 03:26 PM
I think my DD will love the play kitchen I got her. She loves to play in the kitchen so hopefully her own kitchen will be just as exciting.

KrisM
12-11-2012, 03:27 PM
For DS1, I think he'll be most excited about the gear cube and void cube.

DD is really hoping for AG McKenna, but I think she'll be most excited for the box of accessories I've put together with the skateboard, tennis rackets, etc for the dolls.

DS2 will have to be the Santa gift of Gotham City GeoTrax, since he chided Santa this year for forgetting it last year!

kmkaull
12-11-2012, 04:06 PM
I took my sister son (she never takes pictures of this child) along with my son and had professional pictures of them done. They turned out awesome and DS#5 got some great ones and her son, my nephew finally has some professional pictures that are terrific. We had them made into a book and I am framing the others. It is an expensive present and took a lot of time but I am so excited to see their faces when they open their presents. I will also go and hang them for her as she is expecting another baby any day and the last thing on her mind will be hanging them up.

I can't wait to see her face. I bet you right now, she is going to cry!

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09, 11

Awesome gift!

I'm looking forward to giving my 3-year-old DS his Stride Rite Spiderman shoes. He has been talking about them for 3 months.

For DH, I'm looking forward to giving a new single-serve coffee maker. This will replace two crappy Keurigs. He will be thrilled, but I am a little worried he's going to buy me one, too.

sidmand
12-11-2012, 04:33 PM
The gift I know will be a hit is also the one I'm debating about returning! I didn't expect to find one so easily but found a Wii U with Super Mario Bros. I KNOW DS will love it and he keeps asking about getting one. But I also know if and when he gets it he will ignore anything else and become obsessed with that!

Right now they've been getting smaller things for Chanukah and I've been happily surprised that they've really enjoyed everything so far (books, tattoo earrings, gifts from DD to DS and vice versa, even clothes)...

I don't know and I don't know whether to make it from Santa because then it'll keep Santa alive for him. I think if anything I would give it to him the day after. I've been thinking maybe the elves can bring it the day after and be sitting on it and say it's from Santa to the family. But I really don't know...

megs4413
12-11-2012, 04:39 PM
I got my DH a really beautiful, leather laptop bag on an AMAZING deal (like 70% off) so it's much more than he's expecting to get. I think he's going to love it and I think he's going to be very surprised.

I also got DS a really cool dinosaur pop up book that I know he's going to flip out over. None of the other gifts I got seem that exciting..

Twoboos
12-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Play kitchen and food for my niece (got it on clearance at BBB last year in Feb!!), and rocking horse for my nephew.

Oh and a trip to the Holiday Pops for DDs!!

maydaymommy
12-11-2012, 04:50 PM
We're in the midst of Hannukkah gift giving now.

Our first gift for ds1 & ds2 was a freebie (to us) - someone gave us their old Play Station 2. We set it up as a surprise & it's been perfect for them & so much fun!

I am excited for DS2 to get his gift "from ds1." Its Iron Man & Hulk dress up outfits. Also, he is going to flip over his main present from my MIL
- she got him the Batman big wheel thing.

I am also excited to give DS1 the TOP thing on his list. It's so odd, but what he wanted more than anything is a 10 Rouble Russian coin with a King Cobra in it that was issued in 1992.
He saw a picture of it in a book, and we're not coin collectors or anything, but he became obsessed. He has expressed an interest in finding other world coins with apex predators on them in the future.

m448
12-11-2012, 04:52 PM
DDs' AG dolls but that may be because I drooled over the catalogs as a young girl. I also can't wait for older DS to open the animation software and tablet (drawing tablet not the other kind). He spends the better part of his day drawing complicated action pictures.

BabyBearsMom
12-11-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm most excited to give DH the giant gummy worm that I bought him. It is 3lbs and he loves gummy worms.

njk07
12-12-2012, 12:45 AM
The shutterfly photo book that I made for my niece of her vacation with us last spring and the shutterfly calendar from our daughter and son to my husband.

KpbS
12-12-2012, 01:37 AM
A zipline--if we can figure out how to set it up in time. :tongue5:

sarahsthreads
12-12-2012, 01:49 AM
I've been sewing little clothes and I can't wait for Christmas to give it all to them.

Me too! I'm so excited about the little doll clothes - I just finished a pair of purple corduroy slouch boots lined in hot pink. To go with a purple corduroy coat, naturally. I am a bit jealous of how well-dressed DD1's AG is going to be! So far, besides the coat & boots, she'll have a new bathrobe & slippers, a pair of flannel pjs (not made yet), a four-piece outfit (sundress, shirt, capris & shrug) with matching shoes, and a Christmas dress (also not yet made.)

DD2 is (I think) going to go bananas over Santa's gift - a M&D castle that folds out to something ridiculous, like 3' long. She's obsessed with the polly pocked sized Disney princess dolls, so she wants a castle for them to play in. :)

I have nothing for DH. I should probably work on that.

Sarah :)

lovebebes
12-12-2012, 04:14 AM
I'm most excited to give DH the giant gummy worm that I bought him. It is 3lbs and he loves gummy worms.
:ROTFLMAO:i love it!

lovebebes
12-12-2012, 04:17 AM
Although i am super excited about giving the girls the Calico critters mansion and critters and their furniture...I am SUPER excited about giving little DD a little french soap shaped like a kitty. She is obsessed with hand washing and soap and kitties. I will be spending a lot of time standing by the sink.

MMMommy
12-12-2012, 04:18 AM
A zipline--if we can figure out how to set it up in time. :tongue5:

Now THIS is a cool gift!