PDA

View Full Version : Tamiflu for Everyone!

anonomom
12-09-2012, 05:54 PM
DD1 was just confirmed as having the flu. Luckily, her case seems pretty mild, and her pediatrician is rather awesomely prescribing Tamiflu as a preventative for my younger kids. But I still feel bad for DD1, who missed two important birthday parties this weekend. And I'm really worried for DH and I, because we were laggards this year and didn't get our flu shots.

(all of my kids were vaccinated, just less than two weeks ago so its not that useful).

sophiesmom03
12-09-2012, 09:08 PM
I feel your pain! DD1 was diagnosed this weekend, missing her own birthday party, and neither DH nor I got the shot.

Knocking on wood she seems better today after 3 days of fever aches and sore throat.

wendibird22
12-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Oh how horrible. Hoping the rest of you stay illness free. DD1s before/after babysitter had it in her family. None of them had gotten the flu shot. The youngest DS has 2-3days of fever, cough. Then was fine for 2 days. Then another 2 days of fever and cough. He has a lingering cough but is otherwise fine. So thankfully it was a short lived illness. Her ped wouldn't give any of them anything because by they time she took him to the ped (when the fever returned on day 5) he said it was much too late into the exposure of the others to be preventive. Amazingly, none of the rest of them got sick.