PDA

View Full Version : Class list etiquette

ahisma
12-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Twice this week, I've received "marketing" type emails that were clearly sent directly to the class list.

One, from a kindergarten mom, was selling handmade pillows - made by a friend. Odd, but I didn't give it much thought.

Tonight, I just got another - from a preschool mom who is now a 31 consultant. Her DS isn't even in my DS's class - it's just the same school.

Is this the new norm? It feels super tacky to me. Especially the 31 one - the handmade pillows feel more okay since I have actually met the parent.

TwinFoxes
12-09-2012, 11:34 PM
I would be annoyed and mention it to the director. This would not fly in our school.

ett
12-09-2012, 11:38 PM
I would be annoyed and mention it to the director. This would not fly in our school.

:yeahthat: It says specifically in our school directory that it is for internal school use and business and other uses are prohibited.

katydid1971
12-09-2012, 11:40 PM
:yeahthat:
I think you should say something to the director. Its nice to have those lists for playdates and birthday parties but if people take advantage like this others will not put their names on in the future. That should not be allowed and the director needs to make it clear to the parent.

crl
12-09-2012, 11:43 PM
I would be annoyed and I agree that some one should make it cler that the lists are for personal/school related communication only, not for business purposes.

Catherine

wellyes
12-10-2012, 12:01 AM
I would be annoyed and I agree that some one should make it cler that the lists are for personal/school related communication only, not for business purposes.

Catherine
:yeahthat:

Not OK. If people use that info as a commodity, other parents won't give it, and it'll screw up every attempt to throw a birthday party.