PDA

View Full Version : Do you send thank you cards for flowers and plants received for baby's birth?

L'sMommy
12-10-2012, 06:57 AM
DH's admin sent us flowers from herself and her family, which I thought was a nice gesture. Although I thought it was strange that she didn't send them from herself and the rest of DH's team (he has a small group that he manages), but that's not the point. And one of the internal client groups that I support at my company (not the dept I actually work in) sent us a potted plant. DH took a pic of the flowers and sent his admin a quick thank you email and says I don't need to send a formal note. I haven't yet sent anything to my clients who sent the plant, but i want to acknowledge receiving the plant so will probably send a note to the Group. Thoughts?

Melbel
12-10-2012, 07:42 AM
I have always done hand written thank you notes for those types of gifts.

We have done group email thank you messages to thank the soccer team for an end of the season coach's gift (large team and it is thanking them for thanking DH).

Momit
12-10-2012, 07:50 AM
I would do a handwritten thank you just like I would for any other gift. For a thank you note to the team, I would address one note to the entire group that can be left in a break room or bulletin board area, and not do individual notes.

DietCokeLover
12-10-2012, 09:08 AM
I am always of the opinion that a handwritten thank you note is always appropriate.

Corie
12-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Yes, I would definitely send a handwritten thank you note!

wellyes
12-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Handwritten thank yous for personal gifts always. Email thank yous for corporate gifts is fine, IMO. Email is the social currency of business. The photo will get forwarded to everyone and make them smile.

mik8
12-10-2012, 10:37 AM
I always do handwritten notes for any act of kindness especially with gifts.