PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft - Ipad vs. PC/MAC Version

ChefGirl
12-10-2012, 11:20 AM
My 9.5 yo has been asking for this game. We have a PC laptop and my DH has a MAC airbook and DS has his Ipad. First, which version should I get for DS? He's on his ipad all the time playing different games.

I know nothing about this game and supposedly all of his friends are playing it. I could really need some advice.

TIA.

mik8
12-10-2012, 11:25 AM
My understanding is that the Ipad version is not the full version. My DD (9) has it on our old laptop PC-based because that's what she inherited for main use. My DH doesn't want her to mess with our iMac desktop because of his important work stuff.

JElaineB
12-10-2012, 11:25 AM
If you only get one, you want the computer version. The iPod touch version we have is really watered down (we have both) and I assume it is the same with the iPad version.

ETA: Just checked, the mobile ("pocket") version is the same for iPod and iPad. Of course it wouldn't hurt to get both, DS likes both. The mobile version is only $6.99. We'll probably get it for the Kindle Fire DS will get for Christmas.

new_mommy25
12-10-2012, 11:52 AM
DS had the touch version. He enjoys is but has been asking for the full version. He'll be getting a computer account for Christmas.